2022-23 MLB Off Season Thread

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Surprised Gary Sanchez is still unsigned. A power-hitting catcher is hard to come by. His batting average will only improve with the shift ban.

Last edited:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
1) Brandon Nimmo, CF
2) Carlos Correa, 3B
3) Francisco Lindor, SS
4) Pete Alonso, 1B
5) Jeff McNeil, 2B
6) Starling Marte, RF
7) Daniel Vogelbach, DH
8) Mark Canha, LF
9) Omar Narváez, C

MLB.com ranked this as the best lineup in baseball.

How the heck did MLB.com rank that line-up better than the Tigers?

1) Akil Baddoo LF
2) Riley Greene CF
3) Javier Baez SS
4) Austin Meadows RF
5) Miguel Cabrera DH
6) Jonathan Schoop 2B
7) Spencer Torkelson 1B
8) Eric Haase C
9) Ryan Kreidler 3B

A pitiful line-up for a team in the midst of a pitiful, never-ending rebuild. I'm a calm sports fan in general, but thinking about Detroit has been upsetting me lately.

I have very little optimism that Scott Harris is going to turn the team around. I'm waiting for him to bring back Robbie Grossman or Brandon Belt some other retread any day now (to go along with the Boyd and Lorenzen signings).

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Well-respected crew chiefs Ted Barrett, Greg Gibson, Tom Hallion, Sam Holbrook, Jerry Meals, Jim Reynolds and Bill Welke are among the group to hang up their chest protectors, while Marty Foster, Paul Nauert and Tim Timmons will join them in retirement.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
damn, i'm not even going to recognize most of the umps by name now. that's basically all the guys who have been around for the last 20+ years

of course angel hernandez continues to stick around

You start feeling old when most of the players in the league are starting to be younger than you. Now pretty soon, it’s the umpires that are older than you that are starting to go to retirement.

Sep 19, 2008

Not sure what Cleveland is doing, serving hot dogs with cereal on top. Isn't that against the law?

1672683135188.png

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So clearly it doesn't matter who owns the Marlins, that franchise is never going to try and build a long term contender.

Don't see very many lifetime bans rescinded, I feel like it happened for Steve Howe but I think that was drug related so not sure if it counts

I guess they figure teams will stay away from him so he'll be shadow banned anyhow.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'm surprised Gary Sanchez is still unsigned. A power-hitting catcher is hard to come by. His batting average will only improve with the shift ban.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
One of my all time favourite dynasties in baseball, the 1970’s Oakland A’s.
I was born between after that dynasty but was almost 6 when they beat the Giants in ‘89. The highlights and old games on YouTube are great, but it’s not quite the same as living during those times and experiencing everything. I’m envious of those that got to .

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad