Injury Report: 2022-23 Injury Thread Part 2: HF's longest ever thread

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The only good news about Byrams situation is it should prevent him from hitting any bonuses that could carry over into next years cap crunch. That's a big deal for next year.

His health situation also really should drive down his next contract quite a bit. Dude has to prove to the Avs he can stay healthy before they'll even think about opening up the wallet for him.
I could be a bit wrong here.. there should be 500ish k of bonus ltir that covers some, but Bo can hit more than that (could cover most of the east ones). 3ish games after the break would eliminate almost all of the bonus risk.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Feels like Landy LTIR is gonna be until the end of regular season. Probably getting a 2C with that cap space

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Feels like Landy LTIR is gonna be until the end of regular season. Probably getting a 2C with that cap space
The timeline disagrees. The coach said yesterday that Landy is expected to start skating after the All Star break. That's 2.5 months of regular season left.

Even if he takes 3 weeks to get back in shape there's still a ton of regular season left after that.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
The timeline disagrees. The coach said yesterday that Landy is expected to start skating after the All Star break. That's 2.5 months of regular season left.

Even if he takes 3 weeks to get back in shape there's still a ton of regular season left after that.
Having Landy come in for the stretch run and playoffs properly healed and well-rested will be a huge boost for us. Note the emphasis on properly healed.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Bednar's timelines are a mess. One day he says no one is close to returning, the next day Nuke is back

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC

Hopefully, it is all part of the plan and they keep making it a set back after set back and then boom cap space so the league doesn't look into it.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Bednar's timelines are a mess. One day he says no one is close to returning, the next day Nuke is back

Nah, the problem is there's so many GD injuries to keep track of that players are either getting incorrectly grouped in or left out of updates so every "update" is misleading. I believe the tweet you're referring to was in regards to everyone BUT Nuke. But I could be wrong.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Hopefully, it is all part of the plan and they keep making it a set back after set back and then boom cap space so the league doesn't look into it.
We might miss the playoffs, because of it so it's pretty foolish plan. :D

Risky business. A bit like Vegas last season right? They failed badly.

If Makar misses significant time, we are toast on the playoff front.

For sure. MacK or Makar down and we are in deep trouble.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

god-damn-it-billy-mcbride.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If they get Manson back tonight, that will help, but not having Cale with that already shit D-Core is like an auto loss. I imagine they go with 11/7 again, and it would go:

Toews/Manson
G/EJ
Englund/Dermy
Macdonald

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If they get Manson back tonight, that will help, but not having Cale with that already shit D-Core is like an auto loss. I imagine they go with 11/7 again, and it would go:

Toews/Manson
G/EJ
Englund/Dermy
Macdonald

Not sure Manson is ready yet. He still hasn't shed the red jersey.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

Toews/Manson
G/EJ
Englund/Dermy
Macdonald
Englund, Hunt, 2 MacD's - all in the lineup tonight. And none of them would when healthy.

Pretty depressing. I would like to scream now. Or cry. Whatever comes first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad