OT: 2022 & 2023 Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Snowing here in Vancity. We've had an exceptionally bad year of weather. Forest fires, floods, extreme heat wave that literally killed people, and now an extremely harsh winter...and to top it off the oil are crap again. Here's hoping 2022 is way better. And here's hoping we can manage covid enough to have a good 2022.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Lake Huron is close to a record high for temperature and has been really screwing with the weather over here.

6addaa40c64b9fcc001f05b895c2d18f.png

Been yo-yoing like crazy. And yup, that's a 16 degree day in the middle of December.

Reactions: McDrai

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Nah, I like the extremes. It’s good for my complexion.

You could try a regimen of this. "The hottest flame ever produced was at 4990° Celsius. This fire was formed using dicyanoacetylene as fuel and ozone as the oxidizer.", followed by some liquid nitrogen. That'd make you the most gorgeous man ever. :D

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
You could try a regimen of this. "The hottest flame ever produced was at 4990° Celsius. This fire was formed using dicyanoacetylene as fuel and ozone as the oxidizer.", followed by some liquid nitrogen. That'd make you the most gorgeous man ever. :D
tired of me already?

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I didn't. The male part of the plug broke off. :(

I have run over my extension cord before for full disclosure but not this time. :sarcasm:

I MAY have done something like that before.;)One of the kids plugged in a long extension cord for their vehicle, stretching from the front garage to the street, and I inadvertently sliced it into some pieces.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I have to shovel snow in -30 weather. I think i'd rather have the +40.

Where you at? In Edmonton it feels mild today. -20C and I almost got hot shoveling snow.

I'm joking and serious but after -40-50C, -20C feels like a teddy bear picnic. Was out for hours today enjoying it and doing everybodies walks and drives. I do it for around 2 or more hrs usually until my back starts to say no more. Then I come in and lay down and do back exercises for half an hour and I'm set and good to go again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I had to replace the power cord from my electric snow blower yesterday because it snapped in half from the cold weather.

My first question would be why anybody has an electric snow blower. I can sweep sidewalks clear in half the time it takes to use a snow blower and I don't get snow all over myself doing it. I hate Snow blowers of any kind. Gas. electric. Rather just use a broom or shovel. Decent exercise.

Proper broom and shovel will get you through a lot of winters easier than having to haul the stupid snow blower out of the garage everytime. I'm half done my walks by the time people get their Snow blower out and going.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
My first question would be why anybody has an electric snow blower. I can sweep sidewalks clear in half the time it takes to use a snow blower and I don't get snow all over myself doing it. I hate Snow blowers of any kind. Gas. electric. Rather just use a broom or shovel. Decent exercise.

Proper broom and shovel will get you through a lot of winters easier than having to haul the stupid snow blower out of the garage everytime. I'm half done my walks by the time people get their Snow blower out and going.
Broom? I've never used a broom on snow. Shovel is easy..ice scraper kills u

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Broom? I've never used a broom on snow. Shovel is easy..ice scraper kills u

Brooms are fantastic for clearing one to a few centimeters of snow. The right broom does a great job. In Edmonton we get a lot of the minor dustings of snow. Brooms are great for quickly clearing that off. I'm talking push brooms btw. 24-30 inch wide ideal. But today, definitely shoveling. Anything like a couple inches of snow or more, shovel..

Reactions: oilers'72 and LTIR

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

This is assuming everyone has a small amount of area to clear.

May have missed the key word of "electric".

Yeah, I dont know why anyone would want an electric blower.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is assuming everyone has a small amount of area to clear.

Being that I do half the block everytime and do 3 driveways and spend 2hrs I'm doing as much as anybody except people with acreages clearing roads. For City folk, just seems to me snow blowers are overkill. Especially here in the prairies where we rarely get a big wallop. Could see it on either coast, or if somebody lived in mountain regions.

Anybody that does have a large area. you're not getting that done with an ELECTRIC blower. Either cordless or plug in.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm glad I get to stay home this week. So brutal out there. Will be nice to get back to close to 0 degrees out there and hopefully the roads become driveable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad