Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The frenzy is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Starting fresh with the draft done with and now heading into FA on Wednesday.

Short recap:

Kuemper - Will not be back
Nuke - Talks have been occurring, seems mostly positive.
Manson - One day of talks has happened, silence since
Lehkonen - No news on extension talks
Georgiev - No talks yet but both sides want to get something done soon
MacKinnon - At home waiting for the Brinks truck to show up
Byram - Probably still drunk
NAK - No talks of QO or extension, has probably broken the Cup in half by now

Just to reiterate from the last thread. Yes Nuke is travelling, likely back home for a bit. Feel free to speculate on contract talks/hockey related topic, but please don't get political.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
@Richard88

Regarding the Jarvis idea, I don’t think we can underestimate Joe’s ability to go full Moneball (ie “land of misfit toys”). It’s totally within reason that Joe might go with a supersized 3C as a 2C to minimize cost and focus on a wing (eg P Kane or S Jarvis) to generate skilled offense.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
@Richard88

Regarding the Jarvis idea, I don’t think we can underestimate Joe’s ability to go full Moneball (ie “land of misfit toys”). It’s totally within reason that Joe might go with a supersized 3C as a 2C to minimize cost and focus on a wing (eg P Kane or S Jarvis) to generate skilled offense.
Kane is one of the few forwards capable of driving a line from the wing, so him with a weaker 2C, yes I can see that.

Jarvis is a fine winger but he's not on that level. Carolina probably have zero interest in trading him too.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Kane is one of the few forwards capable of driving a like from the wing, so him with a weaker 2C, yes I can see that.

Jarvis is a fine winger but he's not on that level. Carolina probably have zero interest in trading him too.
He already traded for Georgiev who is 25. I wouldn’t put it past him to go in on “the next Patrick Kane”.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Just trade for the current Patrick Kane.

Just let's not ask Pokecheque.
Would not mind that personally. If Kadri is not going to be back and Rantanen or Landy can play 2C, i suppose this could be better option than any of the available Cs. I would prefer younger player, but for Kane i would do exception, he seemed to be still playing at high level.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
104.3 The Fan: Reports: Avalanche nearing an extension with a key forward.
The "multiple reports" in the tagline are Strickland and Dater (who just repeated what Strickland said)... and they were already shot down by Pagnotta.
The Colorado Avalanche are closing in on a deal to bring back forward Valeri Nichushkin, according to multiple reports on Friday.

Both Andy Strickland, a hockey reporter from St. Louis and Adrian Dater, a longtime Avs beat writer have heard Colorado is getting close with the two-way forward. Dater added that he suspects the contract would be long-term and worth around $5 million a year.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Kane is one of the few forwards capable of driving a line from the wing, so him with a weaker 2C, yes I can see that.

You don’t think he’ll play down the middle eventually?

I just think he’s going to be a lot better than Necas, who there are also question marks, in terms of him being a centre.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
You don’t think he’ll play down the middle eventually?

I just think he’s going to be a lot better than Necas, who there are also question marks, in terms of him being a centre.
Maybe eventually. But Colorado can't wait for that.

And again, if he's gonna be a lot better than Necas, why would Carolina trade him?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Maybe eventually. But Colorado can't wait for that.

And again, if he's gonna be a lot better than Necas, why would Carolina trade him?

Either way, he’s more of an impact player now than Necas.

They may not move him, but I’d rather pay more for Jarvis. I can definitely see the link between Colorado and Carolina though. They could definitely use someone with Girard’s puck moving ability who can comfortably play the right side.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Not much time with Nuke, the UFA period has basically started. Teams start negotiations early and a ton of stuff gets announced as soon as free agency officially begins.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not much time with Nuke, the UFA period has basically started. Teams start negotiations early and a ton of stuff gets announced as soon as free agency officially begins.
I bet by tomorrow night every bigger name will know where they are going.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Would love to find a way to add Provorov (using Manson’s money) but probably no way we could fit him into the cap (and that’s before even getting to the trade capital we’d have to give).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad