NHL 2022-2023 Standings Watch - Updated 4/11

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sorokin is a very good goalie but I think they chased him early in the series.

Speaking of the NYI, three plays turned that series in NYI favor.
G2 with Lauzon deflecting puck past Rask on PK and coughing it up in OT and Pastrnak missing a completely empty net with no one near him late in 1st of G4. Should have known it wasn't going to be their series after those plays.

He only faced Boston for 1 game in that 2021 series and played the full game allowing 4 goals on 39 shots against. Even still, prior results do not guarantee future performance, right?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So then how can you say Ottawa lacks good goaltending?

Obviously I can't say with as much certainty, as I can that you should invest
100 shares in UNG but I did stay at a HI Express and Bob has lost to the eventual
SC Champion twice, SC Finalist once and swept one of the two greatest RS
post Cap teams while Cam Talbot has never been beaten by any Cup Finalist, never mind Champion.

He only faced Boston for 1 game in that 2021 series and played the full game allowing 4 goals on 39 shots against. Even still, prior results do not guarantee future performance, right?

Lol, are you really going there on a throw away line. Like seriously dude what is wrong with you?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Obviously I can't say with as much certainty, as I can that you should invest
100 shares in UNG but I did stay at a HI Express and Bob has lost to the eventual
SC Champion twice, SC Finalist once and swept one of the two greatest RS
post Cap teams while Cam Talbot has never been beaten by any Cup Finalist, never mind Champion.

Lol, are you really going there on a throw away line. Like seriously dude what is wrong with you?

Nothing lol. In one post you basically say a guys pervious results really don't matter and then turn around and point to a goalie with really good career numbers against Boston being chased by Boston in a previous series (even though he wasn't). You then go on to essentially say that FLA has good goaltending because Bobrovsky lost to Tampa (again past performance), but Ottawa doesn't because Talbot's past performance.

It seems based on your post that sometimes past performance has value and sometimes it doesn't. Oddly enough it only seems to have value when it helps you try to make your point.

:huh::dunno:

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Nothing lol. In one post you basically say a guys pervious results really don't matter and then turn around and point to a goalie with really good career numbers against Boston being chased by Boston in a previous series (even though he wasn't). You then go on to essentially say that FLA has good goaltending because Bobrovsky lost to Tampa (again past performance), but Ottawa doesn't because Talbot's past performance.

It seems based on your post that sometimes past performance has value and sometimes it doesn't. Oddly enough it only seems to have value when it helps you try to make your point.

:huh::dunno:

It wasn't meant to be taken as some type of statement worthy of HF Peer Review, come on man get real.

The fact that I mentioned his prior Stanley Cup history to begin with meaning past results actually matter, should have clued you into that, but whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: ON3M4N

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kings are really rolling. 5 wins in a row with a 5-2 win over the Avs last night. Didn't get to watch it since I watched the Bs then the Kraken/Sens, but it looks like Korpisalo had a heck of a game.

The Kraken/Sens game was wild. Sens went up 3-0 early and relaxed, the Kraken then scored 4 unanswered, yet still managed to lose 5-4 late in the game when DeBrincat scored the GWG.

The battle for those EC wildcard spots will surely come down to the last game or two of the season. So many teams within striking distance.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A week ago Ottawa looked to be in good shape for a Wild Card but they had a very bad road trip in Western Canada.

1678951319317.png

San Jose becomes the first team eliminated

1678951730563.png

Reactions: sooshii

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have written off Detroit and Buffalo as a possible wild cards - Ottawa???? :dunno:
1679640497991.png

I think in the end the Islanders and Florida are the Wild Card teams and the most likely first round opponets for the Bruins.

The West has a little drama as Nashville is back in the mix.

1679640966488.png

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I like Ottawa. They lost some key players and have played six goalies, if memory serves.

I don't know if key injuries and playing in the toughest division will save DJ Smith's job, though.

Nashville sold at the deadline, and I caught part of their game during commercials; noticeable empty seats. Would be ironic if they made the playoffs after the front office and fans gave up on them. But in the West, it's possible.

I think we'll see lots of coaching changes over the summer.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I like Ottawa. They lost some key players and have played six goalies, if memory serves.

I don't know if key injuries and playing in the toughest division will save DJ Smith's job, though.

Nashville sold at the deadline, and I caught part of their game during commercials; noticeable empty seats. Would be ironic if they made the playoffs after the front office and fans gave up on them. But in the West, it's possible.

I think we'll see lots of coaching changes over the summer.
I agree about Ottawa, all they need to be a mid-tier playoff team is a goalie-and one or two more good depth d. They are similar to Buffalo in that way. I also agree about Smith. I think he is gone. That is too bad. He looks like a very good tactician to me, but he might lack some charisma and a young, up and coming team usually needs that.

As for Nashville, they will not make it. They stink, but every once in a while, pull a good game out of nowhere. That said, they had to get off the hamster wheel of mediocrity sometime. Bweteen injuries to Forsberg, the ridiculous return they got for Jeannot, and the deep draft, this was a good year to do it.

Yep, lots of coaches look to be gone, even more than usual.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There’s a pretty large portion of the fanbase that does.

Considering his ownership broke the curse and has won 4 titles over the course of two decades, he’s a lot less loved than he should be, and that’s all the more telling.

Is it just Boston fans being annoying because of championships like PIT fans?

Like unrealistic expectations. I always hear in PIT about how many more cups we should have and it’s like dude we got 3 in 15 years and 5 in 30.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Is it just Boston fans being annoying because of championships like PIT fans?

Like unrealistic expectations. I always hear in PIT about how many more cups we should have and it’s like dude we got 3 in 15 years and 5 in 30.
There's a ton of that, for sure. Pats have no leeway, despite six titles. Sox have four. People think anything less than a championship is a season pissed away.

That said, a lot of the hatred for Henry, Werner et al is that they're not local and don't "get" us. Some of that is BS, but some of it is real - they have no idea how to market to Bostonians. They're also thin-skinned and can't take the criticism. Henry once walked into the Sports Hub on the fly to "correct" Felger, for Pete's sake. The Sox cater to the casual follower not the diehards, and the diehards think that's wrong.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
There's a ton of that, for sure. Pats have no leeway, despite six titles. Sox have four. People think anything less than a championship is a season pissed away.

That said, a lot of the hatred for Henry, Werner et al is that they're not local and don't "get" us. Some of that is BS, but some of it is real - they have no idea how to market to Bostonians. They're also thin-skinned and can't take the criticism. Henry once walked into the Sports Hub on the fly to "correct" Felger, for Pete's sake. The Sox cater to the casual follower not the diehards, and the diehards think that's wrong.

Well Pittsburghers are just fat New Englanders so that will go over well…

• Haha
Reactions: 08SeaBass08

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
We've got no Primanti Bros. to put fries on our sammiches.

Under Rutherford and Hextall the team seems to have overcommitted on loyalty. Wonder where they’d be if FSG bought them circa 2019 and we got rid of Jack Johnson, Mike Sullivan and some of the other peripheral players quicker.

I wanted Monty and Zacha for a few years. Most likely see you in the playoffs. Hopefully we can get some revenge for ‘13.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There’s a pretty large portion of the fanbase that does.

Considering his ownership broke the curse and has won 4 titles over the course of two decades, he’s a lot less loved than he should be, and that’s all the more telling.
NESN became the best RSN in the US when John Harrington ran the Sox because he let TV pros who knew New England run it from 1984-2001.

Tom Wener came along in 2002 .......................... with great ideas like

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I want nothing to do with Buffalo. Levi is a huge wild card and I don't want to risk facing him and things turning south for us

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad