Euro Hockey Tour: 2022-2023, 7-13 november. Karjala Tournament. Switzerland/Sweden/Finland/Czechia

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
5 penalties called in 2 minutes... this looks like the U17 match from last night.

Cervenka is playing!

Not a team I love but some nice pieces.

I still maintain Spacek is a NHLer... no GM agrees with me though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs beat Finland.. wow. I think between u17, u18, u19 and u20.. this is our only win in about 12 games this weekend.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
just out of interest a question to our czech friends. Since there was this debate about czech republic vs czechia etc. on the jerseys i noticed today there is Cesko on the jerseys today so is this argument settled or is this still an "issue"?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
just out of interest a question to our czech friends. Since there was this debate about czech republic vs czechia etc. on the jerseys i noticed today there is Cesko on the jerseys today so is this argument settled or is this still an "issue"?
Congrats on the win.. you guys should send Kostalek a watch for that game winning assist.. tape to tape.lol

I don't really know anyone that likes Czechia. I didn't know anyone that was really upset we were called the Czech Republic.

My issues (speaking for myself) is that we changed the name to something no one wanted. We also changed our beautiful jerseys to the ugliest jersey in international hockey.

FTR.. Cesko means Czech and if they were going to change our name.. I would've preferred they told the world to call us Cesko (which is pronounced Chess-ko). So much better than Czechia.

Congrats on 300 games too

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Congrats on the win.. you guys should send Kostalek a watch for that game winning assist.. tape to tape.lol

I don't really know anyone that likes Czechia. I didn't know anyone that was really upset we were called the Czech Republic.

My issues (speaking for myself) is that we changed the name to something no one wanted. We also changed our beautiful jerseys to the ugliest jersey in international hockey.

FTR.. Cesko means Czech and if they were going to change our name.. I would've preferred they told the world to call us Cesko (which is pronounced Chess-ko). So much better than Czechia.

Congrats on 300 games too

ah ok, I don't really get why there is a name/letters on it anyway and you should have kept the beautiful jerseys you used to have

the give away in OT was something else but I think Kostalek knows best what terrible mistake that was but I think the win was deserved at least not "stolen". I'm just glad we justified our presence in EHT with SWE, FIN and CZE and did compete well. looking forward to the games in switzerland in december

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
ah ok, I don't really get why there is a name/letters on it anyway and you should have kept the beautiful jerseys you used to have

the give away in OT was something else but I think Kostalek knows best what terrible mistake that was but I think the win was deserved at least not "stolen". I'm just glad we justified our presence in EHT with SWE, FIN and CZE and did compete well. looking forward to the games in switzerland in december
It was an absolute well deserved win... you guys dominated in the third.

But the giveaway was either hillarious or horrific.lol

Swiss and Czech games have been very even for a good decade now.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
31 to catch Raimo Helminen. Not doable this season, possibly next one.
Actually...if Eliteprospects is to be trusted, Mathis Olimb has 329 international games for Norway, which means he will break Helminen's record already this year.

WC - 97 games
International (all) - 211
OG - 13
OGQ - 8

Overall - 329

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Actually...if Eliteprospects is to be trusted, Mathis Olimb has 329 international games for Norway, which means he will break Helminen's record already this year.

WC - 97 games
International (all) - 211
OG - 13
OGQ - 8

Overall - 329

Actually I think that Eliteprospects' International (all) stats already include WC and OG

Reactions: filip85

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Actually I think that Eliteprospects' International (all) stats already include WC and OG
Maybe, but if true, then data on EP is not 100% complete. He played (at least according to hockeyarchives) several pre-WC 2007 games which are not included in his int. resume.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Maybe, but if true, then data on EP is not 100% complete. He played (at least according to hockeyarchives) several pre-WC 2007 games which are not included in his int. resume.

Yes, usually they signal it with an asterisk in the totals. That's the case on Helminen's page

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
so finland crushed sweden, and yet sweden won the whole tournament. eht is always so weird

Finland has been last in Karjala tournament five times yet in every time they won at least one game.

Earlier four occurences:

1997: Sweden won all games while Russia, Czechia and Finland had one win and one loss from games against each other, with Finland having the worst goal difference.
2006: Finland beat Czechia. Russia won all games including Czechia in shootout. Thus final standings: RUS 8, CZE 4, SWE 3, FIN 3
2007: Finland beat Russia. Final standings: RUS 6, SWE 6, CZE 3, FIN 3
2008: Finland won Czechia in SO. Final standings: RUS 8, CZE 5, SWE 3, FIN 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad