Prospect Info: [2022 - 162nd] Emmett Croteau (NCAA - Clarkson University)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
My stepson plays for Clarkson, will add updates in this thread when I find out more about him!

I would be careful with that.......I have been in a similar situation and thankfully chose not to divulge anything on this board. Other parents also read these boards and people talking too openly about other players or coaches/trainers can have negative repercussions for your child and/or his teammates. I have seen it too often and no kid wants to be embarrassed by their parents.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Habs take a goalie.

Stats are not impressive, other than height, but I have no idea if there were better goalies available that we could have targeted.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Stats are not impressive, other than height, but I have no idea if there were better goalies available that we could have targeted.

His stats in his draft year are almost similar to Primeau's and Dobes' the year of their drafts.

So hopefully in the NCAA, Croteau does what Primeau did in Northeastern and what Dobes did last year in Ohio State.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Those stats are actually pretty solid for the USHL.

And it was such a weak year for goalies that outside of Leinonen and Brennan, you're just guessing. I'll give our goalie scouts their due here because Dobes, Dichow and Primeau has been a windfall of really good gambles so far.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Those stats are actually pretty solid for the USHL.

And it was such a weak year for goalies that outside of Leinonen and Brennan, you're just guessing. I'll give our goalie scouts their due here because Dobes, Dichow and Primeau has been a windfall of really good gambles so far.

Me too. More importantly I just like that we are taking chances every year. This strategy will pay dividends down the road.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I'm glad they keep taking goalies, although I can't say this one seems promising but I probably said that about some of the others when they were drafted

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
According to his elite prospects page, he's of Metis descent. Pretty cool with Price as another aboriginal on the roster and is a goalie.

Looking forward to getting some information on him.

I was wondering if this was fake news.. I thought the same thing regarding Price and that it is a cool story, but Croteau has ginger hair and pale skin

Also the smack cam video is 100% him ^^ description says "carson gets smacked hard", Carson is his little brother who plays defense and was drafted into the WHL this year, EP has the metis descriptor for him as well

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm glad they keep taking goalies, although I can't say this one seems promising but I probably said that about some of the others when they were drafted

In terms of stats, Croteau is similar to both Primeau and Dobes from their draft years.

All 3 were drafted out of the USHL.

- Primeau in his draft year played for the Lincoln Stars and had a 3.16 GAA and a .895 SV% in 30 GP.
- Dobes in his draft year played for the Omaha Lancers and had a 3.09 GAA and a .891 SV% in 21 GP.
- Croteau in his draft year played for Waterloo Black Hawks and had a 3.00 GAA and .899 SV% in 35 GP.

We know how it went for Primeau in the NCAA. He amassed a few accolades in his two years at Northeastern, capped off with the Mike Richter Award for best collegiate goalie.

And in his first year in the NCAA, Dobes impressed, being the Big-10 Goalie of the Year, as well as Big-10 Rookie of the Year (he shared this award with someone else). And he was among the 11 semi-finalists for the Mike Richter Award. I believe he was the only freshman among that list.

So if Croteau can follow in Primeau's and Dobes' footsteps, Habs will have another promising goalie prospect in the system.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In terms of stats, Croteau is similar to both Primeau and Dobes from their draft years.

All 3 were drafted out of the USHL.

- Primeau in his draft year played for the Lincoln Stars and had a 3.16 GAA and a .895 SV% in 30 GP.
- Dobes in his draft year played for the Omaha Lancers and had a 3.09 GAA and a .891 SV% in 21 GP.
- Croteau in his draft year played for Waterloo Black Hawks and had a 3.00 GAA and .899 SV% in 35 GP.

We know how it went for Primeau in the NCAA. He amassed a few accolades in his two years at Northeastern, capped off with the Mike Richter Award for best collegiate goalie.

And in his first year in the NCAA, Dobes impressed, being the Big-10 Goalie of the Year, as well as Big-10 Rookie of the Year (he shared this award with someone else). And he was among the 11 semi-finalists for the Mike Richter Award. I believe he was the only freshman among that list.

So if Croteau can follow in Primeau's and Dobes' footsteps, Habs will have another promising goalie prospect in the system.
If Dobes has another year like he did last season you have to think he will be talked about a whole lot more. I am surprised how little coverage he gets based on an impressive Freshman season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Dobes has another year like he did last season you have to think he will be talked about a whole lot more. I am surprised how little coverage he gets based on an impressive Freshman season.

I do hope people pay more attention do Dobes. And Dichow for that matter.

And I am looking forward to how Croteau will do in his freshman year. He is in the same conference as Farrell. But they will only face each other twice (once in January and once in February).

Reactions: Fenris and Tyson

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Who is the most recent impact NHL player that played for Ohio State University?

Umberger and Kesler were there in the early 2000s and it has been nothing but scrubs since then.

I'm from Ohio so it is nice to see a little resurgence with big 10 hockey, but players from Ohio State aren't going to get a lot of national respect. The program has done a good job in the past few years adding actual NHL drafted prospects, Jake Wise and Mason Lohrei are solid

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will be interesting to see how things work out as much like Primeau and Dobes, Croteau will have to steal the starting job. Clarkson after being a good program ran into some lean years so they brought in a new coach and after a few years he has the program as one of the best in the ECAC now. For next season they have 3 goalies as one of their goalies from last season opted to transfer to Maine and the 3rd goalie is 22 and didn't appear in any games as a Freshman last year so Croteau will most likely just have to beat out Ethan Haider who was a 5th round pick in '19 for the Preds. As he enters his Junior year he has been the starter for his first 2 seasons but we'll see if Croteau can win the job or be the back up.

Reactions: HitHard and 26Mats

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
According to Elite Prospects, Croteau will play in the USHL this season and play in Clarkson next year.

He is also not listed on Clarkson's roster for this upcoming season on their official website.

Gonna have to hope Jacob Fowler chooses a different school otherwise he might need to transfer next year. He won't see much net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad