GDT: 2021 World Juniors (Edmonton) - USA WINS THE GOLD!!!!!!!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Pretty embarrassing for the Bruins of all teams to not invest more into scouting. This isn't the Florida Panthers.

They have one of the larger scouting staffs especially in Europe. The also have one of the largest analytics departments.

Can't argue the quantity but if you want to argue quality I'm game.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No kidding, the tenacity of the US to play a full 2 way game was impressive.

Every year, Canada is the favorite to win it. As the announcers were saying, their 4th liners are first liners on basically every other team.

This is one of the most underrated rivalries in sports. I’m biased since I love hockey, but when we meet, it’s always a must watch.

Glad the US won and can’t wait for next year. Congrats to Canada on a great tournament themselves.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Every year, Canada is the favorite to win it. As the announcers were saying, their 4th liners are first liners on basically every other team.

This is one of the most underrated rivalries in sports. I’m biased since I love hockey, but when we meet, it’s always a must watch.

Glad the US won and can’t wait for next year. Congrats to Canada on a great tournament themselves.

I wouldn't have called Team Canada favorites this year. But I guess it depends on who you listen too.

People sometimes forget how huge this was for 2001 birthdate American players (which this tournament basically was for Canada and USA). The players selected in the 2019 NHL drafts first round from the USHL (9) was up there with all 3 Canadian Major Junior league players and 1 Junior A player (11).

Anyone who called Canada the favorite or didn't think the USA had a chance should go cover another sport.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Poor TSN, no celebratory stories like they’ve been doing the past month. Struggled to find the recap on their site. :sarcasm:

Reactions: rfournier103

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I kinda feel bad for the U.S. team. No international sports for nearly a year, teenagers pull off a big upset essentially through hard work. They should've been the darlings and even before they got home...
It feels like it happened a month ago.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I kinda feel bad for the U.S. team. No international sports for nearly a year, teenagers pull off a big upset essentially through hard work. They should've been the darlings and even before they got home...
It feels like it happened a month ago.
Your taking the loss well,there's always next year

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Your taking the loss well,there's always next year

For me, World Juniors is more a celebration of the sport.
I want Canada to win of course, but mostly want it to be a good tournament. These are amateur teenagers playing on the international stage, and this year in particular - in very difficult circumstances. And by the time they fly home...

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019

Enjoy it now. I predict in 10 years USA will heavily surpass Canada as a hockey dynamo. Hockey Canada has ruined its program and it will show in the coming years.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Enjoy it now. I predict in 10 years USA will heavily surpass Canada as a hockey dynamo. Hockey Canada has ruined its program and it will show in the coming years.

I'm a huge USA hockey guy. Canada still has a better
quality of athlete play hockey than the US and that isn't
changing in 10 years.

There is no state in the US that hockey is even
#3 never mind #1 like in Canada or even Finland.

If hockey was #1 in New England, Michigan, NY and Minnesota the US would only be a bit better than
Canada.

Finland is the population of Massachusetts and is almost
as strong as the US.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I kinda feel bad for the U.S. team. No international sports for nearly a year, teenagers pull off a big upset essentially through hard work. They should've been the darlings and even before they got home... It feels like it happened a month ago.

NHL Network certainly covered the win. The “Mother Ship” (ESPN) just thinks other sports pay the bills. Its too bad Steve Levy and John Buccigross don’t have more influence over at the “Evil Empire”. NBA season and NFL playoffs starting put WJC coverage even further on the back burner. You are right have been the darlings of sports news stateside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad