GDT: 2021 World Juniors (Edmonton) - USA WINS THE GOLD!!!!!!!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Germany put up more of a fight than I expected, given they only had 14 players on the roster. o_O

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
IMG_20191230_144118.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
NHL Network guys are saying "this game was a toss-up, now just go out and win the games you're supposed to win."

Ahem. This game was against the Russians. I will ALWAYS want to beat the Russians and they are always supposed to win that game, in my book.

Hmph.

wGpOiUFYYaqe4.gif

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
WOW.

They had Ivan Drago, and we..... did not have Rocky. And that's not a slight to the Harvard guys, but those Russians sounded like they were about to invade the country.

Politics and all that aside, I actually think Russia has one of the best anthems from a musical standpoint. U.S. will always come first though. ;)

And bonus points for the puck drop. Tretiak, Howe, and Beliveau are quite a combination. Honestly, I've seen very little video of Beliveau but he just oozed class.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
WOW.

They had Ivan Drago, and we..... did not have Rocky. And that's not a slight to the Harvard guys, but those Russians sounded like they were about to invade the country.

Politics and all that aside, I actually think Russia has one of the best anthems from a musical standpoint. U.S. will always come first though. ;)

And bonus points for the puck drop. Tretiak, Howe, and Beliveau are quite a combination. Honestly, I've seen very little video of Beliveau but he just oozed class.

@Bruinaura

Beliveau was the French Joe DiMaggio but from all accounts a very nice man.

I notice when the Russians scored they played 'Those Were The Days' and that came from the same choral group

and this really happened at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan ( MTV Awards )

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@Bruinaura

Beliveau was the French Joe DiMaggio but from all accounts a very nice man.

I notice when the Russians scored they played 'Those Were The Days' and that came from the same choral group

and this really happened at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan ( MTV Awards )

:eek:

:amazed:

o_O

:huh:

:confused:

:loony:

I have no actual words for that last video. :laugh: :help:

Reactions: Fenway

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sadly this happened a few years ago

:(

I'm sure I heard about that when it happened, but I had forgotten it.

Is it my imagination, or does Russia have a bit of a spotty record when it comes to air travel safety?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad