U20: 2021 World Junior Summer Showcase

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I received this from the USA Hockey Arena box office manager yesterday. Sadly, only USA, Finland and Sweden are participating this year.

The 2021 World Junior Summer Showcase will take place at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, MI beginning on Saturday, July 24 through Saturday, July 31.

Day
Month

Date

Time

Home

Away

Sat

July

4:00

Finland

Sweden

Sun

July

1:00

USA White

Finland

Sun

July

USA Blue

Sweden

Tue

July

Sweden

USA White

Tue

July

Finland

USA Blue

Wed

July

USA White

Finland

Wed

July

USA Blue

Sweden

Fri

July

USA White

Finland

Fri

July

USA Blue

Sweden

Sat

July

Sweden

USA White

Sat

July

Finland

USA Blue
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I will probably pick up a couple of tickets -- as a NTDP season ticket holder I can get admission to all 11 games for $30 per seat. Not sure how many games I will actually attend, though. It's disappointing that the field is limited this year, with no Canada or Russia.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I will probably pick up a couple of tickets -- as a NTDP season ticket holder I can get admission to all 11 games for $30 per seat. Not sure how many games I will actually attend, though. It's disappointing that the field is limited this year, with no Canada or Russia.
$30 for all 11 games? That's a good deal

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
$30 for all 11 games? That's a good deal
One of the benefits of having season tickets -- we usually get great deals on special events and tournaments being held at the arena. The only exception was the U18 World Championships that were supposed to be held here in Plymouth last year until they were canceled. The IIHF controlled those prices. USA Hockey held our seats for us, but couldn't give us a discount.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I've never seen Russia at this event, at least not in the 6 or 7 years that I've been following.

I'm going to the games on the last day. Can't wait!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I've never seen Russia at this event, at least not in the 6 or 7 years that I've been following.

I'm going to the games on the last day. Can't wait!

They’ve definitely been at it.

I watched them in Calgary years back. Ho Sang, Crause, Marner, and Dermott were on the team I remember that.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
They’ve definitely been at it.

I watched them in Calgary years back. Ho Sang, Crause, Marner, and Dermott were on the team I remember that.

There were a few years back then that Canada didn't participate in the American Ann Arbor WJSS but held a separate summer event with the Russians and Czechs. For two or possibly three summers it lasted. It was a completely stupid thing to be doing. That's possibly what you are thinking of.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Aren't those Canadians? I thought we were talking Russia?

I was talking about Canada playing them, I went to a Canadian game against Russia.

They called it a Summer Showcase but as noted above this is different than the Ann Arbor WJSS.

Reactions: clevelandcane

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Finland has a training camp this week with 50 players total. Leijonat - Kaksi joukkueellista Nuoria Leijonia leireilee Vierumäellä heinäkuussa – Nämä U20- ja U19-pelaajat kutsuttiin mukaan

Probably going to look something like this:

G

Joel Blomqvist
Leevi Meriläinen
Juho Markkanen

D

Eemil Viro-Topi Niemelä
Matias Rajaniemi-Kasper Puutio
Rami Määttä-Ruben Rafkin
Valtteri Koskela-Aleksi Heimosalmi

F

Roni Hirvonen - Aatu Räty - Kasper Simontaival
Ville Koivunen- Samuel Helenius - Brad Lambert
Aatu Jämsen - Samu Salminen - Samu Tuomaala
Eetu Liukas - Santeri Koskela - Oliver Kapanen
+ Juuso Mäenpää, Oliver Suni

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Some big names have dropped out from the initial swedish roster:

William Eklund, Jesper Wallstedt and Simon Edvinsson are out.

Fabian Lysell, Philip Svedebäck and Lucas Ölvestad replaces.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Tomorrow's game between Sweden and Finland has been pushed back to 7pm EDT (from 4pm) due to travel issues. Not sure if I'll be at that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad