2021 WHL bantam draft

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
The 2021 WHL bantam draft is just over a year away but 3 separate western Canadian amateur scouting websites have the same top 3:
1- Berkly Catton (might apply for exceptional status)
2- Macklin Celibrini
3- Jordan Gavin
Catton is the only one to be listed as a NHL draft prospect on elite prospect for the 2024 NHL draft.
Berkly Catton at eliteprospects.com
I have never seen these kids play aside from some Catton highlights. I am not a scout, just giving you guys some information that I thought was interesting.

Reactions: JotAlan

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Looking like another great year for Saskatchewan though it'll be tough to ever come close to this year again. Catton and Buczkowski are looking like potential top 5 picks with Catton the early front runner for 1st overall. Tyler Phipps, Raiden Zacharias, Roger McQueen and Trae Wilke are looking like potential 1st rounders. Some other good depth guys with Matthew Van Blaricom, Carsyn Dyck, Connor Miller, Ashton Tait, Riley Ashe, Cole Peardon with some others. Not looking great for dman after Buczkowski as of now but obviously kids will improve over the summer and into next year. Eric Kahl, Preston Patenaude and Jayden Kraus are looking good for goalies. Kids will rise from no where and some will plateau so will be a fun 06 group to watch for Sask.

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
Looking like another great year for Saskatchewan though it'll be tough to ever come close to this year again. Catton and Buczkowski are looking like potential top 5 picks with Catton the early front runner for 1st overall. Tyler Phipps, Raiden Zacharias, Roger McQueen and Trae Wilke are looking like potential 1st rounders. Some other good depth guys with Matthew Van Blaricom, Carsyn Dyck, Connor Miller, Ashton Tait, Riley Ashe, Cole Peardon with some others. Not looking great for dman after Buczkowski as of now but obviously kids will improve over the summer and into next year. Eric Kahl, Preston Patenaude and Jayden Kraus are looking good for goalies. Kids will rise from no where and some will plateau so will be a fun 06 group to watch for Sask.
Haven't heard of most of these kids but from what I heard, Buczkowski is the best dman of this age group. Tristan Doyle is also looking good but I haven't heard his name brought up often except for one ranking I saw that put him ahead of Buczkowski.

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
Berkly Catton will be playing up a year with the Saskatoon Contacts midget AAA this upcoming season. That team will be absolutely stacked with players like:
Riley Heidt (2nd overall)
Brayden Yager (3rd overall)
Kalen Lind (6th overall)
That's just the high profile names, there will be a handful of other WHL drafted players as well. As mentioned earlier, there's talks of him applying for exceptional status and this could either really help it or hurt it (by getting limited ice time/ buried on the depth chart)

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Berkly Catton will be playing up a year with the Saskatoon Contacts midget AAA this upcoming season. That team will be absolutely stacked with players like:
Riley Heidt (2nd overall)
Brayden Yager (3rd overall)
Kalen Lind (6th overall)
That's just the high profile names, there will be a handful of other WHL drafted players as well. As mentioned earlier, there's talks of him applying for exceptional status and this could either really help it or hurt it (by getting limited ice time/ buried on the depth chart)

I'd pause that thought on Yager for a second. Rumour is running rampant that the Warriors intend to utilize Yager the same way the Ice used Savoie last year by bringing him over to Moose Jaw, he'll play all home games with the Warriors and be a full time member of the Moose Jaw Midget AAA Warriors.

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
I'd pause that thought on Yager for a second. Rumour is running rampant that the Warriors intend to utilize Yager the same way the Ice used Savoie last year by bringing him over to Moose Jaw, he'll play all home games with the Warriors and be a full time member of the Moose Jaw Midget AAA Warriors.
If that rumor is true, that'd benefit Catton in my opinion. A line combo of Heidt- Catton- Lind would be incredible.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
[QUOTE = "Mvprice, post: 171933510, membro: 283253"] O rascunho pequeno de 2021 WHL está a pouco mais de um ano, mas três sites separados de escotismo amador no oeste do Canadá têm o mesmo top 3:
1- Berkly Catton (pode solicitar um status excepcional)
2- Macklin Celibrini
3- Jordan Gavin
Catton é o único a ser listado como candidato em potencial da NHL em perspectiva de elite para o draft da NHL de 2024.
Berkly Catton em eliteprospects.com
Eu nunca vi essas crianças brincarem além de alguns destaques de Catton. Eu não sou um escoteiro, apenas dando a vocês algumas informações que eu achei interessantes. [/ CITAÇÕES]

Você tem um link para os três sites?

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
How good is Jordan Gavin? 66 points starting the season before turning 13 years old. Can he rival Catton for first place? Any chance of receiving exceptional status?

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
How good is Jordan Gavin? 66 points starting the season before turning 13 years old. Can he rival Catton for first place? Any chance of receiving exceptional status?
The top 3 will 100% change in the next year. That being said, Gavin definitely has the skill to be selected #1. I believe on Elitewesternhockeyprospects.com they have him listed as second now. He transferred from Delta to St-Georges which will have huge implications on where he goes in the draft. He and Catton were on the same line and dominated at the WSI 2006.
As of right now, Catton is definitely ahead of the rest, doesnt mean someone wont dethrone him of that spot throughout the year.

Delivery Man

Jun 6, 2019

Can't sell that 66 points as a first year short. I believe that's the most points for a first year player after Savoie and Bedard although Savoie had like 97 points as a first year which is crazy. Have to keep in mind Gavin is a late bday as well, not that far off from being an '07. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out at the draft. This year could be an interesting one. Celebrini could also vie for the top pick. He's the real deal.

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
Puck Preps has Berkly Catton (1st ovr, 1st F), Macklin Celebrini (3rd ovr, 3rd F), Jordan Gavin (5th ovr, 5th F), Tristen Doyle (6th ovr, 1st D) and Tyson Buczkowski (11th ovr, 4th D). That's 5 players from western Canada ranked inside the top 11 for the 2006 class (all available in the 2024 NHL draft, except Gavin who's 2025). This is shaping up to be a very top heavy 2021 WHL draft and as of right now, these are the top 5 prospect. Puck Preps has also listed Catton, Celebrini and Gavin as potentially going the NCAA route which could scare teams off if no commitment has been done prior to the draft.

Reactions: wetcoast

Mvprice

Mar 4, 2017
Macklin Celebrini has been deemed ineligible for the 2021 WHL bantam draft since he moved over 2 years ago to California. He will be eligible for the 2021 WHL US draft.

glh038

Oct 14, 2020
Should be a fantastic bantam draft year. Similar to last year. Lots of gems along the way that could go in the first few rounds.

Cole Peardon, Raiden Zacharias, Tyson Buczkowski, Jordan Gavin, Peyton Kostiuk, Keith McInnis, Clarke Caswell, Reid. Varkonyi, Roger McQueen, Tyler Phipps, Kanye Huang, Trey Wilkie, Maddix McCagherty, Connor Miller, Corbin and Jaxsin Vaughn, Jonas Woo, Luke Cozens, Tomas Mrsic...

Top Saskatchewan Prospects – 2020-2021 Scout Reports! | Western Elite Hockey Prospects

Defence is rather thin this year. Besides McInnis, Buczkowski and Doyle, some potential gems would include: Tarin Smith, Beck Humber.

Delivery Man

Jun 6, 2019
I'd burn that list to be honest. Thanks to covid some of these teams are stuck in cohorts with house league teams. Means literally nothing. Dig a little deeper and see how the kids are doing against stiff competition.

4Runner

Sep 14, 2012
So with WEHP changing owners and direction slightly and the COVID draft coming up us addicts dont have lists to pour over like past seasons (probably for the best), but I'm curious as to who our teams might target in the latter rounds (beyond the 1st and 2nd). Will the U16AAA league be a bounty for these teams? Is the CSSHL going to continue to dominate the draft? Asking for all the curious fans out here

wheatiefan

Feb 7, 2014
Anybody hear any rumours of who may be drafted this Thursday. No mock drafts no traffic. Why so quiet?

Strummer53

Sep 11, 2021
Any idea who might go 1st? Are there any clear favorites that might go high?

Berkley Catton will be 1.
I think Gavin is 2.
Afterwards, this is my guess
Brandon picks 3/4, so Elick/McInnis and maybe Caswell/McQueen/Marquez.
Red Deer goes BPA.
SC takes 1F/1D at 6/7, wouldn't shock me if they stick to the prairies.

Delivery Man

Jun 6, 2019
Puck Preps be your best source for WHL Draft coverage. According to their twitter account top 3 is already done.

"Based on everything we are hearing, here is our best guess on what the top 3 picks might look like tomorrow. #1 Berkly Catton - Spokane #2 Jordan Gavin - Tri-City #3 Charlie Elick - Brandon The big mystery right now is what does Brandon do with the #4 pick."

wheatiefan

Feb 7, 2014
Brandon picking Elick over Buczkowski or McInnes. Somewhat surprising as the other two are more highly rated. Not sure I believe this. Why pick a lower rated player unless there are commitment issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad