Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v13 | Next: Sun, Oct 3 | vs Bal | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Zimmerman vs Ryu *REG SEASON FINALE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Well, that's it for me. It was fun proving, yet again, that I'm damn good at analyzing the Jays and demonstrating internet randos masquerading as "experts" don't deserve any respect.

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
Montoyo nearly single handedly cost the Jays at least 10 games before the ASB with his inept BP managing in close games.

This is 100% all on him.
Between some oh his braindead managerial decisions and the shit ass stretches of relief pitching throughout the season its miracle they were even this close.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Painful to think how close we were. One less blown save gets us in. One less bad decision from Montoya gets us in. One extra game where the bats were on gets us in. One less injury to Springer probably would have gotten us in. Playing home games in Toronto and not f***ing Dunedin gets us in. The list goes on and on.

Reactions: mikeyz and howlman

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Well, that's it for me. It was fun proving, yet again, that I'm damn good at analyzing the Jays and demonstrating internet randos masquerading as "experts" don't deserve any respect.

full

Reactions: TGB

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Oh, please. It's not like he told those relievers to go out there and blow the games. Dolis didn't tell anyone he had no feeling in his fingers, and you could hardly blame him for Chatwood and the rest imploding en masse all at the same time. He sucks, but the relievers sucked harder than he sucked.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bye. Hopefully you get some humility along the way. Or did you already know the season would come down to the last day a long time ago?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Between some oh his braindead managerial decisions and the shit ass stretches of relief pitching throughout the season its miracle they were even this close.

I think the Jays would still be a 100 win team even with the rough bullpen.

There was just too much unnecessary stupidity coming from Montoyo.

Reactions: mikeyz

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
What a horrible end to the season. The 5 AL teams I hate the most make the playoffs. Impossible to have any interest in the postseason.

This team had all the big pieces in place for a 100-win season and squandered it into a 91-win season. Bad decisions, bad manager, bad breaks at bad times.
Actually this team outperformed expectations from before the season start. I seem to remember most outlets pegging us to win 80-85 games.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Oh, please. It's not like he told those relievers to go out there and blow the games. Dolis didn't tell anyone he had no feeling in his fingers, and you could hardly blame him for Chatwood and the rest imploding en masse all at the same time. He sucks, but the relievers sucked harder than he sucked.

But he still paraded Chatwood and Dolis out there game after game in the first half of the season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Actually this team outperformed expectations from before the season start. I seem to remember most outlets pegging us to win 80-85 games.

That was before Guerrero’s breakout, Ray’s Cy Young season, and Semien having one of the greatest seasons ever for a 2B.

The pieces were there. The run differential was there. But the team butchered themselves into this position with incredibly poor handing of close games.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
how dare people be upset 90 seconds after our season ended!!!! lol seriously though. if this was a leafs thread people would already be sending threatening tweets to jake gardiner
Lol, yeah I know…hot button issue for me thanks to my ex-wife seemingly willing the worst to happen.
My bad.

Reactions: djdev

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Listen folk. I am a Cubs fan 1A but Jays fan 1B but where Jays are in the same boat the Cubs were in before they had a good run. To start the run they fired a Latino manager who was a player-coach but missed the managerial experience and that presence in the clubhouse. In came Maddon and he took them to multiple playoffs and world series.

Jays are in the same boat. Montoyo proved this year he is not a guy that can take a talented team to the next level.

1. never stood up for his players with umps plenty of times he could have got tossed to prove a point. At least Walker showed some emotion and took it to the umps.
2. Cost them at least 7-8 games with terrible bullpen management. Had no clue when to put guys in. Chatwood had a terrible month yet he kept trotting him out in high leverage. Merryweather coming off a 4-month injury put him in high leverage in 1st game....so on and so on.
3. His don't worry we won the series after blowing a game due his mismanagement is really stupid

This team is flawed yeah they hit tons of bombs but their w-l in extra innings cost them a playoff spot as they went 3-9 and couldn't execute simple fundamental baseball. They go 6-6 in extras and they are hosting the WC game.

The first step is to move on from Charlie and his bongos and bring in a guy who has the experience and commands respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad