2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think if they beat Croatia by 3 goals and if Switzerland fails to get a point vs Portugal, England would go through.

Either way, it’s just never tiring seeing people overate English sides tournament after tournament only to fall far short of unrealistic expectations 99% of the time.

In these turbulent times we must truly take comfort in these small constants

Reactions: cgf

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Croatia were up 3:0 in the 80th minute and almost blew it, the Swiss missed a sitter in the 94th minute to equalize. Croatia's first ever win at the U21 Euros incredibly
Well, to be fair the Swiss should've been down to 10 after they went down 3-0 and both goals were just so random, just like Croatia's first.

Rui Jorge leaving Trincao and Goncalo Ramos on the bench against the best team in the group LOL

I thought they were playing England?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
At this stage of the season it's good he isn't playing. Especially given that guy has a tendency to run our players into the ground.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Selfishly, sure, but Tom Davies starting over him is a joke.

I will say this, the chip on Jones' shoulder is only getting bigger each time he does go away for England, and it already was massive.

Reactions: luiginb

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’d love to see Romania find a late winner here, but considering they’ve only one shot on target after 80 mins, not likely.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Holland and Germany through. Romania, level with both of them on points, fall just short.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Love that it took half the squad leaving and England being basically eliminated from the tournament for Boothroyd to field the closest thing he has to an actual best XI yet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Selfishly, sure, but Tom Davies starting over him is a joke.

I will say this, the chip on Jones' shoulder is only getting bigger each time he does go away for England, and it already was massive.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France through. They're clearly not playing up to their potential, but at least they win.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark and France go thru.

Denmark 3 Russia 0

Happy the Danes get max points without 3 of their best players.

Also pleased they haven’t let in any goals

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Croatia somehow advance, pretty good considering the absences they had. Unfortunately it means 3-4 of these guys probably won’t go to Euro with senior team

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Quarterfinals which are on May 31, this tournament uses a weird format where teams from the same group can meet in the semis for some reason

Netherlands vs. France
Denmark vs. Germany

Spain vs. Croatia
Portugal vs. Italy

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Portugal easily the best team in the group and pretty comfortably won all 3 matches. Great results considering the amount of players they were missing.

Vitinha is an absolute stud of a #8, the exact midfielder the national team is looking for after Moutinho got old, can't believe Porto are going to let him go like that. No one could get near him the past 2 games. Trincao and Braganca were also untouchable, literally men against boys at times the last couple matches. England's players were attempting to deliberately put in late challenges last game against these two and still couldn't:laugh:

Extremely difficult match up vs Italy as they'll probably have their top players back, and France/Denmark both look insanely good.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France isn't looking good but their individual talent can win any game.

I love Vitinha. I just drafted him for the minimum bid this week in my keeper league. I still laugh about it.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
All four quarterfinals are less than a week away (May 31), all the teams named their squads and outside of Denmark each made some changes from the group stage

Top half semi

Netherlands vs. France
E15tmjOWYAAxhhy

The Dutch made three changes, in come Rensch, Matusiwa and Stengs (out are Geertruida, Koopmeiners and Gakpo)

E11K2JQWYAAYJkC

France made five changes from the group and some big names included; Fofana, Upamecano, Aouar, Caqueret and Diaby in (Kamara, Kounde, Guendouzi, Lauriente and Maurice out), seems like they wanted no overlap with the senior team at Euros

Denmark vs. Germany

Denmark like France will have no overlap of players playing in both competitions and they make only one change, Kristianesen for Jensen

E2JRS_wX0AQKHzN

Germany make four changes: Jaeckel, Wirtz, Serra and Adeyemi in; Ambrosius, Moukoko, Thiaw, Kruger out

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Bottom half of the draw

Spain vs. Croatia
E15xzpIXEAMoVqJ

Six changes: Inaki Pena, Oscar Gil, Alejandro Frances, Sancet, Bryan Gil and Nino in (Dominguez, Pipa, Pozo, Puig, Barrenetxea, Gomez out)

E1lnlM1XMAIwAeB

Some changes even from this list made today; originally in are Pandur, Sutalo, Gvardiol, Sucic and Biuk (out Kotarski, Nejasmic, Kulenovic, Divkovic, Vuk); today Sucic, Vizinger and Zaper drop out and replacing them are two guys originally dropped Kulenovic and Vuk along with Djurasek

Portugal vs. Italy
E17ijZsXMAMy6dH

Three changes: Romario Baro, Dany Mota and Rafael Leao in; Soares, Joao Maria and Pote out

E2KvyTIWEAEUE6X

Five changes; Beruatto, Vogliacco, Maleh, Rici and Sottil in (Frabotta, Gabbia, Marchizza, Tonali, Colombo out)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad