Speculation: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Imagine being the GM that sent a young and promising #1 D in order to dump a contract. I don't think JBB wants that legacy

Guy can't even crack top 10 in a fan made player ranking poll. "But he's so young" has nothing to do with his progress. After 300+ games combined postseason and regular, it's not age holding him back. Cernak already has this figured out already and in a year less.

Paying a dude $4 million to be a bottom pairing D while Rutta makes peanuts to play with Hedman is terrible cap management

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Guy can't even crack top 10 in a fan made player ranking poll. "But he's so young" has nothing to do with his progress. After 300+ games combined postseason and regular, it's not age holding him back. Cernak already has this figured out already and in a year less.

Paying a dude $4 million to be a bottom pairing D while Rutta makes peanuts to play with Hedman is terrible cap management

Yikes. This is sarcasm right? :laugh:

Sorry sometimes it's difficult to tell when people are joking on hfboards

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

To be fair, we are also very, very, stupid.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yikes. This is sarcasm right? :laugh:

Sorry sometimes it's difficult to tell when people are joking on hfboards

I was going to nominate that for worst post on this thread -- which is quite the accomplishment with @andys in the chat -- but you may be on to something.

I'm not saying "he can't play in the NHL" I'm saying "Cernak has figured it out in a year less and is a top 4 pairing. Get it together and do the same because you're being paid for a POTENTIAL top 4 spot you don't presently occupy at any point." If he trudges out there for another 82 games of the same mistakes we've been seeing the last 4 years what then? Do we say "but he's only 24 in June?" But by then it's been 5 years. When is a spade a spade? I would love for him to finally turn into that dominant player everyone thinks he'll be and be wrong.

If I'm wrong already then that stupid dipsy doodle that always backfires and no PP QB capability isn't going a long way to proving it

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm not saying "he can't play in the NHL" I'm saying "Cernak has figured it out in a year less and is a top 4 pairing. Get it together and do the same because you're being paid for a POTENTIAL top 4 spot you don't presently occupy at any point." If he trudges out there for another 82 games of the same mistakes we've been seeing the last 4 years what then? Do we say "but he's only 24 in June?" But by then it's been 5 years. When is a spade a spade? I would love for him to finally turn into that dominant player everyone thinks he'll be and be wrong.

If I'm wrong already then that stupid dipsy doodle that always backfires and no PP QB capability isn't going a long way to proving it

Oh so you weren't joking...

He had the second most TOI on a Cup winning team, only Hedman played more, that's pretty good for a bottom pairing defender wouldn't you say? His other stats were excellent as well, career highs in dzone starts, ppg, etc. He also had more ES points than Hedman, was our only threat on PP2, and his GA/60 on the second PK unit was also fantastic. Basically he was used in all situations and excelled.

I'm the biggest Cernak fan in the world, but I think we are a bit spoiled with these two in that because Cernak came right in and looked like a seasoned shut down defender, we think Sergachev is a liability because every once in a while(less and less every year), he wears the goat horns. In reality, Sergachev plays an extremely aggressive, up tempo style that pushes the offense and actually reduces goals against because of shot suppression. Him and Hedman are literally the perfect defenders for Coopers system.

Sergachev is criminally underrated here

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There's a very unusual noise coming from that video, almost as if someone is having a stroke while trying to communicate. Maybe the video didn't upload correctly, I can't imagine that noise is intentional.
Like Britney Spears Instagram.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Imagine being the GM that sent a young and promising #1 D in order to dump a contract. I don't think JBB wants that legacy
Won Lou a GM of Year in NY (Devon Toews).

(In case you're wondering, this is a comment on the stupidity of giving Lou the award and not an endorsement of the proposed Johnson/Sergachev move.)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we have a deal in place to move Johnson to Seattle. But I'm afraid of the price. I think there's a big contract going with him. Big enough that our wingers aren't on the market.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we have a deal in place to move Johnson to Seattle. But I'm afraid of the price. I think there's a big contract going with him. Big enough that our wingers aren't on the market.
Lebrun said he thinks Seattle is just going to pick a player.

Which is fine. Market will be interesting come tomorrow.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If Seattle is going to just pick a player than Seravalli is either full of shit or we have a deal lined up immediately afterwards. I guess we will find out soon

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I wonder if the Larsson/Oleksiak signings are a sign that the Kraken intend to compete immediately. Not that those guys are game changers, but they're using cap space to fill out their roster rather than use it to get assets and bail other teams out.

Could mean that they take BPA (Gourde, Palat, or Killorn) rather than go for a cost-effective option.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Kraken with two D already, Oleksiak and Larsson. Quite a few good defenders available too, definitely don't think they are picking Foote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad