Patriots/NFL 2021 Season Part V :10-7 - PLAYOFFS @ Buffalo 1/15 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The Bengals Raiders game is making me worried about the refs for our game. Who got assigned to Buffalo?

Jerome Boger, thr worst ref in the league, is in Cincy and already gave the Bengals a TD on a blown call. I believe they said John Parry, the second worst ref in the league, is the alternate there, so hopefully we got a decent crew in our game.

Brad Allen is the head ref tonight

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Brad Allen is the referee for Patriots-Bills. According to Football Zebras, Allen "is in his 8th season after being hired directly to the referee position from the NCAA in 2014. This is Allen’s 4th postseason assignment, including 3 Wild Card Playoffs and a Divisional Playoff."

Allen was the referee for one Patriots game during the regular season. It was New England's Week 6 home game versus the Dallas Cowboys, and his crew called 17 penalties (12 on the Cowboys, five on the Patriots). Allen also officiated one Bills game in the regular season. His crew called four penalties on both the Bills and New Orleans Saints during their Thanksgiving Day matchup.

Allen's most recent playoff assignment was last season's AFC Wild Card game between the Bills and Indianapolis Colts. Four penalties were called (two on each team) in that game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Brad Allen is the referee for Patriots-Bills. According to Football Zebras, Allen "is in his 8th season after being hired directly to the referee position from the NCAA in 2014. This is Allen’s 4th postseason assignment, including 3 Wild Card Playoffs and a Divisional Playoff."

Allen was the referee for one Patriots game during the regular season. It was New England's Week 6 home game versus the Dallas Cowboys, and his crew called 17 penalties (12 on the Cowboys, five on the Patriots). Allen also officiated one Bills game in the regular season. His crew called four penalties on both the Bills and New Orleans Saints during their Thanksgiving Day matchup.

Allen's most recent playoff assignment was last season's AFC Wild Card game between the Bills and Indianapolis Colts. Four penalties were called (two on each team) in that game.

I was half-expecting to read "Four penalties were called (two on each team) in the game, won by his son Joshua".

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Raiders fans are going to be complaining about that blown whistle for years, lol. Meanwhile, if the Bengals convert the first down on the replayed down, they can run the clock down and make sure the Raiders don't score that TD with seconds remaining in the half. Even if the Bengals only get a FG at that point, it's beneficial to them.

Can't wait to hear about how they would've been a dynasty if the call was overturned.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
On a serious note

Offseason plans I’d like:
- Draft Nakobe Dean Rd. 1 (if gone, Roger McCreary)
- Draft John Metchie Rd. 2
- Draft speediest physical LB or CB depending on Rd. 1 during Rd. 3
- Draft Diego Fagot Rd. 4
- Draft Slade Bolden Rd. 5

- Franchise JC Jackson

- Spend on Allen Robinson
- UFA market is weak. I wouldn’t spend big there and idk what their cap would look like after ARob and Jackson. Sign depth guys at CB, S, LB and Lines.

- Re-sign Trent Brown, Karras, Bolden, King, Folk and White

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
My expectations for this pats team grew as the team improved. At the start of the season I wasn’t expecting a winning record let alone playoffs. There’s a lot of positives to take away from this season. And I’m excited for the start of next season!

Get this kid some weapons, Bill!

Reactions: CDJ

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
On a serious note

Offseason plans I’d like:
- Draft Nakobe Dean Rd. 1 (if gone, Roger McCreary)
- Draft John Metchie Rd. 2
- Draft speediest physical LB or CB depending on Rd. 1 during Rd. 3
- Draft Diego Fagot Rd. 4
- Draft Slade Bolden Rd. 5

- Franchise JC Jackson

- Spend on Allen Robinson
- UFA market is weak. I wouldn’t spend big there and idk what their cap would look like after ARob and Jackson. Sign depth guys at CB, S, LB and Lines.

- Re-sign Trent Brown, Karras, Bolden, King, Folk and White
Do they even have the cap space to keep both Jackson and Brown?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That was demoralizing

Bills absolutely put on a clinic on both ends

Dont think even a young Tom Brady could have saved the day

Buffalo actually might be that good(high chance to win it all)

Or Pats basically self destructed

D end needs big time help. O end needs to add a stud WR(s). Mac Jones has to improve his body and arm strength. Those graceful lobs dont work as well in the playoffs. Need to hit those narrow window passes. Quickly and with zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad