Lindblom/Laughton/TK
xxxx/Frost/Allison

Provy/Ellis
Sanheim/Risto
York/Braun
Morin/Zamula

Hart
xxxx

That is a solid roster depending on who they find to back up or split time with Hart. Let a rookie win a spot on the 4th line and hopefully they can be a huge spark that can score. Then again injuries and cold streaks always happen so they’d have chances to move up. There is a lot of potential for next season.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
They already have their 4th line center.
scott-laughton-2021-53.jpg
I'd rather him be the 4 LW in the lineup and have Lacynski center. Honestly they should of traded Laughton at the deadline. By the sounds of it, they could have gotten a first out of it.
Even without Laughton
Our 4th line would be

Allison/Lindblom Lacynski Nak

With what they have:

G Couts Tk
Farabee Hayes Atkinson
Jvr Frost Lindblom
Laughton Lacynski Allison
Nak

Reactions: Rebels57

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Giroux/Couts/Atkinson
JVR/Hayes/Farabee
Lindblom/Laughton/TK
xxxx/Frost/Allison

Provy/Ellis
Sanheim/Risto
York/Braun
Morin/Zamula

Hart
xxxx

That is a solid roster depending on who they find to back up or split time with Hart. Let a rookie win a spot on the 4th line and hopefully they can be a huge spark that can score. Then again injuries and cold streaks always happen so they’d have chances to move up. There is a lot of potential for next season.
I'm still a little disappointed we didn't take the opportunity and trade for Tarasenko, but on paper this is a better team than last season.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
None of them are lazy/dumb/bad defensive players. I truly think they'd be fine. They'd make mistakes, like anyone else, but I don't think it'd be a problem.

Plus, JVRs been one of our best possession forwards over the past three years, even though he's been all over the lineup.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big analytic person. That's some good information.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not really. Its pretty easy to see when a team is playing well or following a good plan and not getting saves.

For example, the Flyers in the playoffs. Great goaltending from Hart. Still looked like trash because of a trash, coward system.
But that didn’t make AV look good, it just made Hart look good.

Pete DeBoer’s entire career has been getting hired with good goaltending and getting fired when he doesn’t.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

You missed this, and not from a Philly shill:

"But what I will tell you is that there were at least two other teams I’ve confirmed as being willing to move a first-round pick plus another asset as part of a Ristolainen deal, and other teams were also making offers, so that drove up the price on the Flyers."

O'Connor has a very even handed view of the trade:

Flyers go all-in on Rasmus Ristolainen: Is he worth the huge price that GM Chuck Fletcher paid?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You missed this, and not from a Philly shill:

"But what I will tell you is that there were at least two other teams I’ve confirmed as being willing to move a first-round pick plus another asset as part of a Ristolainen deal, and other teams were also making offers, so that drove up the price on the Flyers."

O'Connor has a very even handed view of the trade:

Flyers go all-in on Rasmus Ristolainen: Is he worth the huge price that GM Chuck Fletcher paid?

I live in one :)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There are two different issues, did Fletcher overpay? Yes, did Fletcher improve the team? Yes.

This is the deepest forward group in a decade, while they lost a top playmaker in Voracek, they are faster and more balanced one to twelve, and may have 9-10 guys who score at a top six rate (7, G, Couts, TK, JVR, Hayes, Laughton, Farabee already do, a healthy Lindblom, Atkinson with better linemates, Allison, Frost, Laczynski all have shots at scoring 1.8+pp/60).

The defense is much more balanced, Risto doesn't have to be star, he just has to be more reliable than Myers last season. York is more talented than 2021 Ghost, and Braun is much better suited to the 17 minute, 6th D-man role.

The PK is improved with Atkinson and a healthy Lindblom, Laughton and Hayes.
The PP? Remains to be seen, but could it be much worse?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Myers + 1st + 2nd for Ellis
Hagg + Patrick + Gostisbehere + 2nd + 7th for Risto

It is if you remember where the rest of Risto's cap space comes from.

Ristos cap space was there. Ghost was traded so they can overpay hart, which will be Fletchers true blunder of the offseason.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Giroux/Couts/Atkinson
JVR/Hayes/Farabee
Lindblom/Laughton/TK
xxxx/Frost/Allison

Provy/Ellis
Sanheim/Risto
York/Braun
Morin/Zamula

Hart
xxxx

It’s a lineup that I struggle with. I question the vision so to speak.

Last season, the Flyers (if my memory is right) struggled to field one player in the top 50 point producers in the NHL.

I understand the direction of a team that needs to focus on depth - if they failed to acquire true top game breaking forward talent through their retool. It’s just… it’s something that to me is such a dangerous risk for a supposed aspiring cup contender.

When you build a team, that so heavily relies on secondary scorers to lead the way - you rely on the hot streaks of such players, and when undoubtedly not enough of them are producing, you might play well - but the big guns of the other team will take over in a playoff series.

They had a chance this off season, to address that with Eichel. To get another true driver into that offense but again decided to double down on depth. There is too much hoping and praying with this lineup in my eyes, even if there are some good individual pieces.

A dog sled still needs its leads.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Remember you used to sit in the bathroom during games and good things would happen for the Flyers? You need to have more diarrhea. Preferably months long bouts.
You wouldn't believe the horror stories if I told you...

But I'm not sure I'm willing to put my ass on the line heh for this team anymore. I'm not sure my magic is even enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad