Celtics/NBA 2021 Playoffs - Celtics season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I can't cheer for them to lose, but I do know what needs to happen for them to acquire additional assets to use....lol
I mean I don’t want them to lose but in order to make the changes needed they kind of have to lol.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I mean I don’t want them to lose but in order to make the changes needed they kind of have to lol.
nothing's changing, Ali....

that's like jettisoning Cassidy and his staff, Jay Leach and his staff in Providence..... all in one move if DN wanted to they'd have done that.....

outside of that, it would have to be a sale outright by Wyc and Rich et all, and that's not likely happening post pandemic, either

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ainge and Stevens are going nowhere. Tatum is going nowhere. Brown is 99% going nowhere. Everything else is fair game.

I do like Nesmith’s development down the stretch, I think he can turn into a good player in year 2

They have to find the right bench mix and figure out what to do with Kemba. It sucks because he is a great teammate but the knee looks like it’s going to always be an issue and they won’t be able to depend on him

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So if the Celtics lose tonight, Jay Leach and the Providence Bruins staff gets fired.

That raises the stakes
no, what it means is that's the equivalent move..... DN controls both the hockey franchises, here, just as the Red Claws are a division owned and operated by the Celtics.... they control all personnel decisions....

Reactions: Maine Fan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Ainge and Stevens are going nowhere. Tatum is going nowhere. Brown is 99% going nowhere. Everything else is fair game.

I do like Nesmith’s development down the stretch, I think he can turn into a good player in year 2

They have to find the right bench mix and figure out what to do with Kemba. It sucks because he is a great teammate but the knee looks like it’s going to always be an issue and they won’t be able to depend on him
I could 100% see Ainge stepping down for "health reasons". I think its time for him. He's been here 15+ years and the club needs a new fresh perspective. Ainge made some amazing moves over his career and set up a bright future, but since drafting Tatum, the moves or lack of moves he's made has wasted valuable years for the club. Its time to move on.

I like Stevens. Hes a great basketball mind, but he is not the right fit for this team. This team needs a coach they can relate to. A former player would be ideal. Someone who can motivate them and someone who will demand their respect. Coaching is all about the fit with the team. Brad has been tuned out and its necessarily his fault, but coaches are expendable and have a shelf life when it comes to the NBA.

One of the two need to go IMO

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well you can think what you want and perhaps you’re correct but listening to Wyc I highly doubt either of them are gone and I don’t think they’re going to overreact to a weird season (which is what I think we’re seeing a lot of)

Listening to Ainge it doesn’t seem like he’s stepping down any time soon. And he says Brad is actually improving as a coach and that his job is secure. It could be lip service but I highly doubt it. Pretty sure they also just extended him too

Frustrating season no doubt. I expected them to be better than a 7 seed. But just about everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong so I’d basically burn the tape, hope for health next season, figure out what to do with Walker, and proceed forward with a different mix of depth guys

Listening to Danny it sounds like a lot of turnover is coming.

I’m not going to let one shortened, injury-plagued COVID season overshadow 3 ECF in 4 seasons. It’s something that needs to be taken into account but I don’t think you throw everything in the trash

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Well you can think what you want and perhaps you’re correct but listening to Wyc I highly doubt either of them are gone and I don’t think they’re going to overreact to a weird season (which is what I think we’re seeing a lot of)

Listening to Ainge it doesn’t seem like he’s stepping down any time soon. And he says Brad is actually improving as a coach and that his job is secure. It could be lip service but I highly doubt it. Pretty sure they also just extended him too

Frustrating season no doubt. I expected them to be better than a 7 seed. But just about everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong so I’d basically burn the tape, hope for health next season, figure out what to do with Walker, and proceed forward with a different mix of depth guys

I’m not going to let one shortened, injury-plagued COVID season overshadow 3 ECF in 4 seasons. It’s something that needs to be taken into account but I don’t think you throw everything in the trash

Im tired of the excuses with covid. Everyone dealt with it. Also, most of the covid games missed were Langford and Thompson hardly major impact players

Changing around some depth pieces for this team is going to do nothing but put them right back in the same middling place they’re been. Their problems go far beyond the talent on the court, which they have plenty have. Marcus Smart is their defacto veteran which is terrifying given the behavior he routinely displays on and off the court. Stevens can be the greatest Xs and Os guy in the world, but its irrelevant if the players arent listening to him. The Celtics.were in the bottom 3rd of the league in perimeter D, that is 100% because of a lack of effort. Too much success, too early, definitely hurt this team. They think everything comes easy. The effort by this team wanes from night to night. Switching around some bench pieces isnt going to change that.

Philadelphia changed overnight when they brought in a veteran coach with cache that the players listened to and related to.

Reactions: The National

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean Tatum openly talked about it impacting him for months and how he needs to use an inhaler now but yeah sure it was Romeo Langford or whatever

It’s a year where they’ve dealt with major injuries beyond just covid. They also had shitty depth and an injured 3rd option. That’s what they need to fix. Kemba is going to be the biggest storyline of the offseason imo

btw Brad Stevens is a veteran coach with cache but whatever, that’s neither here nor there. Who do you want to replace him with?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I would love the C's in the playoffs but I am just setting myself up to be disappointed when they get smoked in 5 games

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
A Win is a Win, and the reward is to play the Brooklyn Nets.

It will be a tough series. What do you think, Jayson? Can you keep doing it?

I expect RW III to be out most of the series and Walker to be questionable at times.

Celtics, look respectable, don't get swept. BTW, Brooklyn can be beaten.

Go Celtics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad