2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Kind of makes me wonder where Columbus usually ranks for NTC's . In general Ohio Pro-Sports teams seem incredibly unattractive for players no matter what sport. Even when the Cavs had Lebron they struggled to find anyone half decent willing to play with him there.

To be perfectly honest as someome not from the US i had no idea a city named Columbus even existed before the Jackets existed .
There's a ton of towns named Columbus. that one is just the biggest.
Ohio is just a boring nothing state.
If they didn't have cedar point...

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm a Canadian and most of what I know about Ohio I learned from an ex who lives there. She never had much good to say about it but at the same time I've always heard good things about Columbus from articles on the web. And I do love the atmosphere at the games.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Obviously this won't happen because of injury, NTC and well a bunch of other reasons but I would send a lottery protected 1st, Seguin and another piece to Columbus for PLD. Not because I think PLD is a world beater but it gets the Stars younger, less broken down and saves us from that Seguin contract.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seguin isn't waiving his NMC for Columbus and the Jackets aren't trading for a guy injured until March/April not to mention we're in the same division for now.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
So uh...if the Jackets are interested in having a hard-working two-way veteran forward who can be solid defensively and a great presence in the locker room...I could be convinced to part ways with Cogs to get PLD.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So is Laine going to end up in our division again ? If he gets traded to the Jackets for PLD him and Torts colliding will certainly be interesting

Reactions: Johno

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I live in Ohio and my 2nd team is the Jackets so I’m pretty f***ing stoked right now. Picking up a powder blue Laine 3rd jersey ASAP.

Don’t sleep on Texier btw. He’s a great playmaker with a nose for the net too. He and Laine are going to do damage

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
I live in Ohio and my 2nd team is the Jackets so I’m pretty f***ing stoked right now. Picking up a powder blue Laine 3rd jersey ASAP.

Don’t sleep on Texier btw. He’s a great playmaker with a nose for the net too. He and Laine are going to do damage

Watching all CBJ games to see how Tex is growing - Pretty sure he can click with Laine in future but for now he has to improve parts of his game to be 1C in this team

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Sooo, Laine is back in the same division as the Stars..

259273.jpg

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Janmark's got 3 points in his first 6 games with Chicago, including 2 goals. 1 was an empty netter last game today's was a tap in off a sweet Kane pass

He had a nice assist tho today as well

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
3 stars of the week needed a 1a/1b for this week!
PcXrypb.png

1 pt difference and 4 fewer games played!
(Toffoli has clearly still been a beast for Montreal tho)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Insider Trading: Why are teams asking about Barkov?

At around the 2:30 mark of the video, Darren Dreger mentions that the IIHF U-18 tournament is going to be played in Dallas. It was supposed to be in Ann Arbor/Plymouth. Part of thinks he misspoke, but it's what he said. Normally the U18s would start in mid-April, but maybe that'd be pushed back since the Draft is moved back a month already.

I couldn't help but wonder if I could squeeze in a Team USA game and a Rangers home game.

Small update:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad