NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Washington Football Team vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB wins 31-23

WFT vs TB

• Total voters

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Even though it wasn't enough in the end you gotta respect what Heinecke was doing out there, gutsy game by Washington in a tough spot...not sure you're ever gonna see a Ron Rivera team just roll over when they have adversity and they didn't here, definitely not. Tampa, they have all-star team syndrome. Remember what happened to Chip Kelly's Eagles when they brought all those guys in? Chemistry is at least as important as talent. These guys have so much talent it might not matter yet but it will surely matter at some point if they can't get everybody on the same page. Big game by Fournette though with Jones out, that's nice to see.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Even though it wasn't enough in the end you gotta respect what Heinecke was doing out there, gutsy game by Washington in a tough spot...not sure you're ever gonna see a Ron Rivera team just roll over when they have adversity and they didn't here, definitely not. Tampa, they have all-star team syndrome. Remember what happened to Chip Kelly's Eagles when they brought all those guys in? Chemistry is at least as important as talent. These guys have so much talent it might not matter yet but it will surely matter at some point if they can't get everybody on the same page. Big game by Fournette though with Jones out, that's nice to see.
Im shocked Brown hasn't derailed the team, his career yet..

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Mad props, you've been a soldier for your teams for so long from Bulgaria IIRC. You are a diehard and as much as I don't like you rooting against my team I understand.
Thanks bro and GO CANES.

Its already 7 in the morning in Bulgaria, its time to go to the bed

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Tampa might be getting some reinforcements for next week

Of all the awesome guys on this team (and also AB) I think my favourite guy of all is this guy Devin White, man can he fly out there. Love to see a linebacker with wheels like that on the Bucs, this kid could have a future in the Department of Player Safety or whatever they call it down there, if you know what I mean.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think people are getting ahead of themselves with comments like "Washington is a QB away from being a contender". It's one game. Their defense would've given up at least 40 if not for TB's drops. And the QB had one great game. One.

If Trubisky balls out today and beats New Orleans, are the Bears now SB contenders? Not imo. Should they still re-sign him? He'll no.

Getting caught up in a very small sample size is very risky for an organization to make. See the 2019 Falcons. Out of the playoff race. But win a few meaningless games. Enough to bring back the incompetent coaching staff. Result? 2020 season over within the first month.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Arians said it best. Their defensive performance would = a loss against a team like the Saints.

A win is a win. You take it.

But I usually look big picture. And unless Brady is Superman, TB isn't getting to a SB.

DougieSmash

Jan 2, 2009
Arians said it best. Their defensive performance would = a loss against a team like the Saints.

A win is a win. You take it.

But I usually look big picture. And unless Brady is Superman, TB isn't getting to a SB.
Still great season though. I know Brady means all in but our young aces are still developing, let's be honest. Not to mention Vea is out. We rely on two rookies in Winfield and Wirfs to be the difference. I don't think is failure if they don't win it, Brady or not.

Brady is still good enough. With better D, we have a shot next year.

Sep 19, 2008
I think people are getting ahead of themselves with comments like "Washington is a QB away from being a contender". It's one game. Their defense would've given up at least 40 if not for TB's drops. And the QB had one great game. One.

If Trubisky balls out today and beats New Orleans, are the Bears now SB contenders? Not imo. Should they still re-sign him? He'll no.

Getting caught up in a very small sample size is very risky for an organization to make. See the 2019 Falcons. Out of the playoff race. But win a few meaningless games. Enough to bring back the incompetent coaching staff. Result? 2020 season over within the first month.
Washington is not a QB away (people say that if they traded for Watson they'd become a SB contender) but that being said they are on the step to relevance again. This was pretty big for them to go through what they went through this year, and give it their all in the playoffs. This team will improve on that and hopefully be better next year. The future is looking pretty bright for this team.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Still great season though. I know Brady means all in but our young aces are still developing, let's be honest. Not to mention Vea is out. We rely on two rookies in Winfield and Wirfs to be the difference. I don't think is failure if they don't win it, Brady or not.

Brady is still good enough. With better D, we have a shot next year.

Problem is what is the future at QB in Tampa? Brady will be 44 next year.

Would Tampa still take him back? Or are they looking to draft a guy for the future.

I like Arians. But I feel like the ceiling to his coaching isn't good enough.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Washington is not a QB away (people say that if they traded for Watson they'd become a SB contender) but that being said they are on the step to relevance again. This was pretty big for them to go through what they went through this year, and give it their all in the playoffs. This team will improve on that and hopefully be better next year. The future is looking pretty bright for this team.

I don't know. I feel like they are a team that will always be held back by their owner. Toxic.

DougieSmash

Jan 2, 2009
Problem is what is the future at QB in Tampa? Brady will be 44 next year.

Would Tampa still take him back? Or are they looking to draft a guy for the future.

I like Arians. But I feel like the ceiling to his coaching isn't good enough.
I think they draft QB and develop him as a backup to Brady. Mahomes situation. Obviously not same caliber prospect.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think they draft QB and develop him as a backup to Brady. Mahomes situation. Obviously not same caliber prospect.
I thought that they had a good setup with Rosen as the 3rd string guy. He came in right at the start of the season so really no chance for him to be ready to be the backup. Similar to Brady in being a pocket passer, not a mobile guy, so the transition would be more seamless.

But, Rosen got plucked by SF. Not sure how practice squad works, but if Rosen had a choice, I am surprised he signed with SF rather than return to TB next season to compete for the backup role. He's still guaranteed his rookie contract, so he's got money in the bank. Unless Rosen feels like the SF opportunity is better for him, which it might be if they part with Jimmy.

Looking at around pick 26 or later this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad