NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Wild Card Game: (3) Dallas Cowboys vs (6) San Francisco 49ers - SF wins 23-17

DAL vs SF

• Total voters

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Zeke contract is an absolute albatross. He's a glorified pass blocker at this point, maybe move him to FB..

Oh come on

I get it he is on decline overall and such but he still averages 4.2 yds a carry and had over 1,000 yds rushing so he is far from a "Glorified" pass blocker

He is a platoon power RB at this point which is still a very useful player and the Elliott/Pollard duo works well together as a duo

If the contract is too much to move out from this year having Pollard/Elliott again in backfield is not bad thing for Cowboys offense

Reactions: Pestilence

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How come Dak and the center both forgot that the ref has to position the ball??? Why the hell didn't Dak, or the center, hand the ball to the ref like every other player does in that situation? Stupid, stupid, stupid on their part.
Blaming the refs is a copout for the Cowboys lack of brains and lack of discipline.
Also given the fact they took away a Samuel 1st down without clear and obvious evidence, then added 4 seconds to the game clock and then took 4 seconds off the play clock before the punt, it’s safe to say the play should have never even happened.
(Clock was at a minute when they reviewed Samuel’s play with 29 on the game clock. Then when they came back they were 1:04 and 25 respectively.)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The ref wasn't at fault there. The ref did as good as any other ref would in that situation. If your play depends on the ref being Usain Bolt, you're making a bad decision.

And you have to know the ref has to physically spot the ball. You can't give it to the center, the ref still has to pick the ball up and put it back down.

Dak has to know where the Ump is and make sure he is given the ball

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Also given the fact they took away a Samuel 1st down without clear and obvious evidence, then added 4 seconds to the game clock and then took 4 seconds off the play clock before the punt, it’s safe to say the play should have never even happened.
(Clock was at a minute when they reviewed Samuel’s play with 29 on the game clock. Then when they came back they were 1:04 and 25 respectively.)
Have to see that final SF possession again. Samuel went down in bounds. Only after the refs spotted the ball did they call an official TO to measure. Not sure how the play clock rules are affected once the refs do that.
The time on the clock they likely moved it back to when he went down.
But the play clock would be the key thing.

on an official timeout, I think the play clock gets reset to 25 seconds. But that’s not something I am certain on and would be the only explanation for the change from 29 to 25 seconds.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oh come on

I get it he is on decline overall and such but he still averages 4.2 yds a carry and had over 1,000 yds rushing so he is far from a "Glorified" pass blocker

He is a platoon power RB at this point which is still a very useful player and the Elliott/Pollard duo works well together as a duo

If the contract is too much to move out from this year having Pollard/Elliott again in backfield is not bad thing for Cowboys offense
The Zeke contract from what I understand the Cowboys make the season 2 years out fully guaranteed if they keep him on the roster by a certain date before free agency begins. So they have to eat a sizeable dead cap hit to part ways with him.

he would be a $30 mill dead cap hit if they get rid of him in the off season.

it’s a $12 mill dead hit in 2023 if they get rid of him next off season. That’s when he will be done as a cowboy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Am I the only person not impressed with the Moore offense?

I dont really get the push for him

One thing the Cowboys need to adress in offseaoson is the overall lack of pass rush from its front 7

The front 7 can be contained as a threat by focusing on Parsons and really no one else is major threat (Gregory is good but far from intimidating presence)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Have to see that final SF possession again. Samuel went down in bounds. Only after the refs spotted the ball did they call an official TO to measure. Not sure how the play clock rules are affected once the refs do that.
The time on the clock they likely moved it back to when he went down.
But the play clock would be the key thing.

on an official timeout, I think the play clock gets reset to 25 seconds. But that’s not something I am certain on and would be the only explanation for the change from 29 to 25 seconds.
If that’s the case, they should roll the play clock from 40 to 25 before stopping the play to review, imo. Otherwise it’s a rule that only benefits the losing team that wants the ball back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If that’s the case, they should roll the play clock from 40 to 25 before stopping the play to review, imo. Otherwise it’s a rule that only benefits the losing team that wants the ball back.
Well, some rules are the way they are. If the nfl has to review a play during the final 2 minutes wasn’t there something about a 10 second run off if the prior play was in bounds? Thought that happened in a Lions game before when one of the teams was near the goa line.

25 second play clock is the standard when the officials have to reset it.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Am I the only person not impressed with the Moore offense?

I dont really get the push for him

One thing the Cowboys need to adress in offseaoson is the overall lack of pass rush from its front 7

The front 7 can be contained as a threat by focusing on Parsons and really no one else is major threat (Gregory is good but far from intimidating presence)

Lawrence is also very dangerous (3rd ranked DE by PFF, 1st in RDEF by a lot). They definitely had a rough day creating any sort of pressure on Jimmy G, though.

If you go on any Cowboys site, you definitely won’t be the only one unimpressed by Moore. He was awesome for the first half of the season, and atrocious in the second half of the season.

The Cowboys offensive line is also brutal. PFF ranked it 1st in the league? Zack Martin is the only elite player on the line..the tackles are good at best and the centre sucks.

Reactions: fin8

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

I really thought my Cowboys would win this, but the pundits were absolutely right about what would happen this game. 8 flags either took away first downs or gave the 49ers a first down.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I really thought my Cowboys would win this, but the pundits were absolutely right about what would happen this game. 8 flags either took away first downs or gave the 49ers a first down.

We’ve seen the Dan Quinn D in Seattle and they never committed the types of egregious fouls that Dallas D on the SF final drive of hands to the face then the hold on a Tackle. Like what was that?

don’t get the delay of game situation after the successful fake punt. Like what is the point of leaving the punt unit on? To force SF to use a TO? They are the ones leading the game. Timeouts at that point are more important to you than them.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
We’ve seen the Dan Quinn D in Seattle and they never committed the types of egregious fouls that Dallas D on the SF final drive of hands to the face then the hold on a Tackle. Like what was that?

don’t get the delay of game situation after the successful fake punt. Like what is the point of leaving the punt unit on? To force SF to use a TO? They are the ones leading the game. Timeouts at that point are more important to you than them.

Definitely puzzling. They had in mind a play Arizona ran, where they put a punter and their QB on the field for a 4th down or something, and it caused confusing and had to take a timeout. It didn’t make much sense here. Like, why would they keep a special teams unit on for 1st down? SF would love that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Boys think they have the right to spot the ball. :laugh:
Someone should have pressed Dak or McCarthy if that play was executed exactly as they practiced it.

like Dak, in practice after you give yourself up who do you give the ball to afterwards? The C or the guy acting as an official?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The way the Cowboys players were talking after the game, they aren’t exactly taking ownership for their undisciplined play.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Players model their coaches. McFatty was all over the refs during and after the game. It’s no surprise his players would act the same.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It was the purpose. Daring to run a play on 1st down with your punting unit on the field is a challenge a defense should be up for though.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on

I didn’t think they would win it all this year, but I thought they had a really good chance to make it to the nfc championship game. Same ole Cowboys. Pains me to say that, but only they can change that narrative. They need to rebuild that O line. Oh well, it is what is.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I didn’t think they would win it all this year, but I thought they had a really good chance to make it to the nfc championship game. Same ole Cowboys. Pains me to say that, but only they can change that narrative. They need to rebuild that O line. Oh well, it is what is.

Seems like there’s a lot of buzz around Cooper getting cut. The cap situation is tough but I’d really try to keep him and see how he performs with Lamb under an OC who isn’t afraid to throw the ball down the field.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems like there’s a lot of buzz around Cooper getting cut. The cap situation is tough but I’d really try to keep him and see how he performs with Lamb under an OC who isn’t afraid to throw the ball down the field.
Before the Gallop injury I figured Cooper would get cut and the Cowboys extend Gallop with the $14 mill cap savings. But with Gallop out til sometime in October and not knowing how well he will play til then (plus he’s a free agent), cowboys may just have to keep Cooper.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was the purpose. Daring to run a play on 1st down with your punting unit on the field is a challenge a defense should be up for though.
No defence is scared of the punter and mainly backups running a play on offence. And some of those guys are defensive players on that punt unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad