NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (6) San Francisco 49ers

GB vs SF

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2008
8i19m32uufd81.jpg

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Out of all the games, this one and the one against the Giants he should be blamed for. Many of them they werent the better team and he played well. Before today his teams never scored less than 20 points in any of his playoff games.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Best part if you're a Niners fan; You know Jimmy G shouldn't play that poorly next week given the weather will either be in sunny Tampa or a non-factor in LA's dome.

If they can beat the Packers in miserable conditions with no QB, they can definitely beat Tampa or LA.

I never count my chickens until they all hatch. I didn't watch the game versus LA, Cowboys or GB because I was too fearful of the Niners not making the playoffs/failing to advance. I will also not watch the NFC Championship so I don't jinx the Niners.

Imagine 49ers with legit QB.
Man, if only Niners could have a QB with half the talent of Joe Montana. I still remember the local channels breaking into programming while on "Montana trade watch" when he went to KC. Although Montana and Rice will forever be associated as Niners, it still hurts that they did play for other teams.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Definintely a disappointing game from the Packers. No other GB WR did anything.

How is it that Rodgers only completes 2 passes to anyone not named Adams or a RB?

Mercedes Lewis catches 1 passes and gets stripped on their 2nd series. Lazard caught a pass in the red zone on their FG drive. But, that's it. I recall #81, the TE drop a pass that would have been a first down in SF territory.

But, my goodness. No one stepped up against a weaker SF secondary?

Blocked FG and Punt. The snapper got bull rushed by a DL. Snapper is the size of a LB and no one else from the GB protection unit gave him any help.

Jones, I would blame for the blocked FG. He caught the long pass from Rodgers, but once he realized that he didn't have the speed to outrun the SF secondary he needed to get out of bounds when there was 30 seconds to go and GB having just 1 TO left before the snap. Instead GB had to burn their final TO to save 15 seconds for the rest of the offence to get down to the red zone. Stupid play by a guy who has been in the NFL for a few years. Rodgers gets sacked on the next play and they have no choice but to spike the ball. Could have called TO after 1st down and still have shots to the end zone or even in the field of play as they would have had time to spike the ball.

GB defence played well. Missed a couple of golden opportunites for Picks that Jimmy was giving them. But, everyone knew DeeBo was getting that final 3rd and 6 run and they still allowed him to get the first down. Like the Chargers vs Raiders in OT.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Perfect fit for Pittsburgh ,the standard is to make the playoffs and it's all good.
I know Steelers fans tend to be nihilistic, but it would be a good move for them. The Steelers still have the most Lombardi trophies and have been to over one quarter of like every afc championship games since the merger.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I’m never going to question a win, but why GB got away from what they did on their 1st drive is beyond me. It’s like as soon as Lewis fumbled they went into a play calling shel, like they thought 7 or 10 was enough to get the W.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
-2 timeouts
-3 minutes left
- With a tie game, and all you need is a field goal

And you go “3 and out” and lose yards in the process

That is a bad look for Rodgers
Good breakdown of how the final series went. An example of how a successful pass rush can break the clock in a QB's head even when the pressure isn't there.

On second down, Rodgers rushes a bad pass because he's worried about pressure that isn't there. On third down, he's so worn down he throws a stupid deep ball hoping to seal the win in one play instead of taking the first down.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rodgers didn’t trust them. He won’t throw to you if he doesn’t trust you. The fumble and then the drop he Deguara got in his head. Did Valdes-Scantling even play? He has a rapport with him and Lazard but he just lost it. The playoffs are one-game seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad