GDT: 2021 MLB Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

"The calliopes can be heard from here to Sewickley" is a far better line than that sequence deserves.

Yinzer as shit, too. The good kind. Well, the kind that involves a f***ing calliope. Chaotic evil.

That's the perfect still for it too

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Add Kopech to the list of glass cannons on the White Sox.

You will be lucky to get 162 from Kopech, Eloy, and Robert combined a year moving forward.

Who is saving that season? TLR

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

You will be lucky to get 162 from Kopech, Eloy, and Robert combined a year moving forward.

yermin-mercedes.jpg

Yermin, he does it all.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Well, it looks like it's going to be Boycott Weekend at Tropicana Field, as the Rays do throwback uniforms and put the "Devil" back into their Rays.
Religious groups are going to be in an uproar and picketing outside of the Rays' ballpark.

If protesters can maneuver around the derelicts and find the right off ramp off I-275, then ballpark goers may have some trouble convincing these zealots that "Devil Rays" are actual giant sea creatures, and NOT the second or third coming of Satan! :rolleyes:

Anyways, strange scheduling for TB and their opponents this weekend, the Philadelphia Phillies....that's right Flyer fans...YOUR Philadelphia Fightin Phils.... as TB had a day off yesterday (A Friday???), and play the Fightins for just two games today and tomorrow.
Odd indeed.

Rays, errr, excuse me, the unholy DEVIL Rays come into today's action in first place a half game up on the Red Sox, two and a half up on the Yankees, and five up on the Blue Jays in the AL East.
Meanwhile, the Fightin Phils come in second place in the NL East, trailing the NY Mets by 2.5 games, neck in neck with Atlanta who are also 2.5 behind, and Miami who stand 3.5 behind.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies are 3-21 on the road and had been shutout in 7 games. They’re still not last in the division.

DBacks gotta start winning.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Wait what

I was messing about with the boycott thing....but, back when the Rays were still the Devil Rays, there was a bit of hoopla with some religious groups who felt the still budding franchise shouldn't have a "satanic" tone to it.
It was and is ridiculous of course, for the simple fact that a devil ray is an actual sea creature.

To this day I am not sure if the Rays changed their names due to this in particular, or they simply felt they were due for a brand remake, but they went from Devil Rays to just Rays.
Glad they still do the throwbacks though, and they still kept the devil ray creature patch on their unis, and sometimes wear it on their caps.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If only those WASP’s were more concerned with things that actually affect people, like voting restrictions.

Didn’t Florida vote in a law allowing drivers to basically plow through protesters? Does it work Red or just Blue??

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies are 3-21 on the road and had been shutout in 7 games. They’re still not last in the division.

DBacks gotta start winning.
Now 3-22, and shutout in 8 games!

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

A few injuries to 2nd year players in their early 20s and now all of a sudden they’re all gonna be injury prone for their entire careers?? LOL...

Also Kopech is fine, wasn’t even placed on the IL. He’s on bereavement leave and will be back very soon.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Blue Jays could use another starter, another good bullpen arm and a major league manager.

Montoyo cost them another game today; 3rd outing in a row Chatwood has struggled, so what does Montoyo do, put him back out in the bottom 7th (of game 2 of a double bill), without anyone up in the bullpen the bullpen was fresh). Chatwood get a quick fly out, cool. Then proceeds to walk 4 in a row to tie the game, Montoyo never got someone up in the bullpen until ball 3 of the 3rd walk. What the f*** was he thinking

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Nice response from the Giants against the Dodgers this weekend. Giants are going to get through a hard part of their schedule almost unscathed. I'm worried about the injuries piling up, but this team is making Baseball fun to watch so far.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm ready for John Gibbons to return again. Charlie Montoyo is a loser.
Gibbons had many of the same issues. His game management was subpar. I think everyone knows Montoyo is just keeping the seat warm for Schneider until they think he's ready

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Rough series for the Dodgers but Muncy still turns it up another level against San Fran. We rocked their pitching away and they returned the favor. Gotta turn it around next series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad