1. Quinton Byfield, F (98.6%), +0
2. Brandt Clarke, D (43.3%), NR
3. Alex Turcotte, F (69.9%), +0
4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (94.1%), +1
5. Brock Faber, D (44.6%), +9
6. Rasmus Kupari, F (67.1%), +3
7. Akil Thomas, F (35.4%), +4

+ Kasper Simontaival, F

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
Samuel Helenius, F
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Jacob Moverare, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Vladimir Tkachev, F
Matthew Villalta, G

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He wasn't my vote but great for Thomas--shows people are looking to his potential and the growth year he had with ZERO good shoulders, haha. Easy kid to root for and though I personally feel like he's not elite enough in any one area to be a monster top liner he's so damn good at everything and just so driven that it's hard to not see him being our utility knife, at least like Trevor Moore.

Going Madden again, the rest of this tier for me is Madden/Fagemo/Pinelli.

Add Helenius.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Already at #8 and look at how many great players are still available! Went Samuel Fagemo...

"He is still likely a few years away from making the full-time jump to the NHL especially considering the forwards in the system that are above him on the depth chart. Patience is a virtue and should be worth the wait here he is a solid long-term dynasty stash."

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Went with Fagemo here. I love his north/south game and I love guy who can shoot from anywhere, think he'd be a guy who can slot in on any line in a pinch, but would be an incredible 3rd line player.

I feel so bad not voting Madden, but none of us has a real good look at him so far since his trade. I know the Nucks rated him very highly, but I can't put him ahead of some of the other guys mostly because he just hasn't had enough time to put himself ahead of some of the others and that's mainly just bad luck. He's 100% a sleeper prospect though, top 5 talented prospect in the system probably.

Add Helenius

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Went with Fagemo again, still really like this group of guys. I feel like there's about six guys in this tier that all have a chance to be a high-impact player for LA, and even if only one or two hit that's still a great outcome for LA.

1-4: All have to hit
5-10: Half would be great

Add Helenius.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I like Fagemo's game. He's similar to Arty in that he gets into the right places on the ice and gets open. Somehow gets clean looks from the circles and has a pretty good one-timer. He also has sneaky speed as I've seen him blow by defenders and on breakaways.

Add Helenius

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Grans has the highest upside and his decision to come to Ontario shows a real desire to get himself prepared as quickly as possible. I think folks are sleeping on him a bit since he has less video available than some of our other high end prospects.

Please add Moverare.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Grans has the highest upside and his decision to come to Ontario shows a real desire to get himself prepared as quickly as possible. I think folks are sleeping on him a bit since he has less video available than some of our other high end prospects.

Please add Moverare.

I'm with you. I think people have been reading the negative clippings a bit too much on Grans and suddenly see him as an all around 'project' rather than a high end OFD with D to learn.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Going to go with Fagemo here, but at 21 years of age he needs to break through soon.

Add Rumpelstiltskin, because he can turn straw into gold, and I have a feeling our money is going to be worth straw soon, so...

Some of you be prepared to give up your first born, so Rumple can spin his magic.

images

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
I'm with you. I think people have been reading the negative clippings a bit too much on Grans and suddenly see him as an all around 'project' rather than a high end OFD with D to learn.

Even then the adjustments Helge needs to make can be a long road and for me that's a wait and see. In the meantime, Fagemo is poised to take the next step to seeing time in the NHL.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Even then the adjustments Helge needs to make can be a long road and for me that's a wait and see. In the meantime, Fagemo is has poised to take the next step to seeing time in the NHL.

Sure, I'm just worried I've seen a lot of people writing him off altogether because of it. But we should see where he lands on the list first I guess.

Keep in mind he's already been playing against men as a teenager--excited to see how he does in the AHL too.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
In Wroblewski we trust. He's got an ungodly amount of prospects to coach up. The Reign started slow last season, but started to come on. I expect with many of the same faces with a year of experience in the system and getting familiar with each other that a slow start won't be in the cards this upcoming season. Gonna have to re-up my AHL TV subscription. I also think that production values (were there any last season? :laugh:) will be better since teams and arenas know what they're dealing with now. Anyway, really interested to see how Grans takes to instruction and style of play in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad