15. Kim Nousiainen, D (20.6%), +0
16. Jordan Spence, D (31.3%), +1
17. Samuel Helenius, F (47.5%), NR
18. Jacob Moverare, D (37.3%), +4
19. Vladimir Tkachev, F (44.9%), NR
20. Kasper Simontaival, F (60.7%), -2
21. Lukas Parik, G (30.6%, tiebreaker), -1

+ Bulat Shafigullin, F

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev, F
Braden Doyle, D
Juho Markkanen, G
Markus Phillips, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Matthew Villalta, G

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Finally Austin Strand gets some love! Looked confident in limited time last season. I would love to see more.

Add Villalta.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Our prospect pool has NEVER been this deep. Just never has been.

I remember when Luc Jimmy Carson, Steve Duechesne, Bernie Nichols and several others were coming up and that is the only time that we were close to as talented as we are now but even then we didn't have as many great prospects in the pipeline as we do today.
Durzi is the obvious choice here but time will tell.

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Porkins. Yes, what could have been. He is still playing in the KHL and still producing. There is an article somewhere where he is asked about his time in the NHL and he says that it was great and that the Kings were a great team but he missed the big ice and "The Russian way of life". There is something to be said for that I suppose. It is allot more black and white over there. You know where you stand with people most of the time and everyone sort of looks out for each other. It is different but it is one of those you have to grow up there to get it sort of things.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad