8. Samuel Fagemo, F (47.5%), -2
9. Tyler Madden, F (65.9%), -1
10. Francesco Pinelli, F (34.2%), NR
11. Helge Grans, D (48.8%), -1
12. Kale Clague, D (29.0%), +0
13. Martin Chromiak, F (39.4%), +8
14. Kirill Kirsanov, D (34.3%), NR

+ Aatu Jamsen, F

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Johan Sodergran, F
Matthew Villalta, G

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Went Helenius and then came back to comment on seeing he signed. I always planned on him after Kiransov, so he’s in my top 10. Seems Blake got my email on the subject :laugh:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Throw a dart at this point -- the good thing is no matter where the dart lands, you are arguably correct. It's almost insulting to some of these guys to be rated 15+. But that's the reality of the current Kings prospect depth list.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Does anybody know what's going on with Alexander Dergachyov??? At -22, he had the worst +/- on his team this past season.......

Vityaz Podolsk at eliteprospects.com

Is he being used as a "shut-down center", or is his defense just lousy, or is it something else? Also, any indication that the guy would ever come over here? I wouldn't care except for the fact that he's 6'5", 225lbs.....

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Does anybody know what's going on with Alexander Dergachyov??? At -22, he had the worst +/- on his team this past season.......

Vityaz Podolsk at eliteprospects.com

Is he being used as a "shut-down center", or is his defense just lousy, or is it something else? Also, any indication that the guy would ever come over here? I wouldn't care except for the fact that he's 6'5", 225lbs.....

Soon to be 25 yr old who finally got regular playing time. Doubt he's even a thought at this point in the organization.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
By this time next season, I think Kasper Simontaival will turn out to be the biggest sleeper on the list of remaining players. The kid has been somewhat of a Finnish prodigy to this point in his young career.

As a 14 and 15 year old he was a standout in the U16 age group. The same could be said when he was 16 and 17 playing U18. Last season as a 18 y/o he played well against grown men in the Finnish version of the AHL and also played in Liiga, the top Finnish league.

It looks like KalPa (his new Liiga team) thinks Simontaival was worth taking a risk on and signed him to a 3 year deal. I believe they expect him to rise to a superstar level in Finland and go straight to the NHL in 2024-25.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No clue why it doesn't let me vote. I'd vote for
Samuel Helenius

Have you been blocked from every poll?

Upon reflection I believe it's an account age/activity issue. you need a certain amount of time or posts here but honestly I forget the exact terms. The "why" would be to block a bunch of new accounts spamming polls but this is the unfortunate byproduct.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I threw my vote on Strand. He played in thirteen games with the big club last season and ended up on the plus side. Big (6'4" 216#) defensive Defenseman. With all the 6' and less, offensive minded D men the Kings have been loading up with he fills a definite need on the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad