5. Brock Faber, D (44.6%), +9
6. Rasmus Kupari, F (67.1%), +3
7. Akil Thomas, F (35.4%), +4
8. Samuel Fagemo, F (47.5%), -2
9. Tyler Madden, F (65.9%), -1
10. Francesco Pinelli, F (34.2%), NR
11. Helge Grans, D (48.8%), -1

+ Lukas Parik, G

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Matthew Villalta, G

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gets a looot tougher here as I'd say most of these guys are in the same tier for me

Going with Clague. While I think Nousiainen could blow up and be a Girard and Spence could be a Spurgeon, I'm still high on Kale's abilities and want to see if he can be the #3 guy I think he can be, and I think he's more certain than the others.

Add Strand

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Amazing that Helge Grans is our 11th best prospect.

I've gotta go with Clauge here.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Chromiak

Add Elias

platoon_3.jpg

Token

May 15, 2019
I’ve been stuck in The Chromiak Loop since #9.

Now I feel like the kid that didn’t get picked to play ball in the schoolyard…

;(

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
Time to ride the Tkachyov Train!

.8 ppg in the KHL in the last 2 seasons. He has been consistent, averaging about .72 points ppg over 5 years in the KHL.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Still going with Kiransov and firmly think he will be on our blue line before most of these guys get a cup of coffee, but there really isn’t much in it. As a group they nearly all have NHL upside so I can’t put up compelling arguments against many of them at all. It’s kinda awesome!

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Between Clague and Chromiak for me, but I went Clague because he is NHL ready and Chromiak is a couple years away. Guess who #13 will be for me?

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Got to go with Clague based on where he’s at, knowing one way or another this is probably the last year he makes the list. I’ll put him slightly ahead of the gaggle of 18-19 yr olds we have left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Master Yoda

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Whilst I went with Kirsanov, I love Chromiak. He’s going to be an all or nothing guy IMO. He’s either going to be on Byfields wing in 4 years time or back in Slovakia. I have a good feeling about him.

The good thing with Chromiak is he's shown he can play with and without skill, next to Wright or as 'the guy' on his team. That's a great complementary winger!

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad