4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (94.1%), +1
5. Brock Faber, D (44.6%), +9
6. Rasmus Kupari, F (67.1%), +3
7. Akil Thomas, F (35.4%), +4
8. Samuel Fagemo, F (47.5%), -2
9. Tyler Madden, F (65.9%), -1
10. Francesco Pinelli, F (34.2%), NR

+ Jacob Moverare, D

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Matthew Villalta, G

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Man, that's wild. Grans, our 2020 early second-round pick, isn't in our top ten. Hard to believe. He's got a chance to be a really dynamic offensive defenseman too. Love what LA is building.

It's still Grans for me, third poll in a row, and he's the last of this tier. Just my two cents.

Add Parik!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, that's wild. Grans, our 2020 early second-round pick, isn't in our top ten. Hard to believe. He's got a chance to be a really dynamic offensive defenseman too. Love what LA is building.

It's still Grans for me, third poll in a row, and he's the last of this tier. Just my two cents.

Add Parik!

Exactly my sentiments all around.

Grans, add Parik.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
This is where Grans slots in for me, add Parik.

Just like how I feel the top 4 are in a tier of their own, 5-11 is a second tier and there is a drop off after this. That's not a bad thing though, as our third tier is better than most teams second tier

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Nousiainen he’s been very impressive in the men’s Finish league as a 19 and 20 year old. I feel he’s going to be this teams Finish Lubo.

Reactions: Basilisk

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I went with Clague. He looked pretty ok in LA. For me it was between him or Moverare, who looked good in ONT

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Kirill Kirsanov. Was between Grans and Kirsanov. Reason I went with Kirsanov, Grans did not make the U20 Team Sweden (not the worst thing in the world, but also not a great thing) But Kirsanov made the U20 Team Russia (and he's a yr younger than Grans) and played well. Yannetti said by the end of the tournament, he was either top defenseman on their team, or second best. Think Pronman rated him #16 overall, first round for the draft. Yank also said Kirill can be only 2 yrs away from NHL.

Not down on Grans and hoping he is playing with the Reign this year. Also realize has more offense than Kirsanov...but that does not make him the better prospect.
Durzi is more offensively gifted than Anderson, Bjornfot, etc.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wanna see something crazy? Here's our top 10 prospects just from the past two drafts (with my personal rankings at 6-10):

1. Byfield
2. Clarke
3. Faber
4. Pinelli
5. Grans
6. Chromiak
7. Kirsanov
8. Simontaival
9. Helenius
10. Laferriere

This is a fearsome top ten in itself that would be up there in the battle for best prospect pool in the NHL.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wanna see something crazy? Here's our top 10 prospects just from the past two drafts (with my personal rankings at 6-10):

1. Byfield
2. Clarke
3. Faber
4. Pinelli
5. Grans
6. Chromiak
7. Kirsanov
8. Simontaival
9. Helenius
10. Laferriere

This is a fearsome top ten in itself that would be up there in the battle for best prospect pool in the NHL.

The funny thing is a Rangers fan was using HF's 65 game cutoff as definition of a prospect. This allows them to add Lafreniere and Miller.

If we applied that, we could add:
Vilardi
JAD
Bjornfot
Anderson

To our polls.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The funny thing is a Rangers fan was using HF's 65 game cutoff as definition of a prospect. This allows them to add Lafreniere and Miller.

Vilardi
JAD
Bjornfot
Anderson

To our polls.

I saw that, and it would be fine for an 82-game season, but I would think you would have to pro-rate it to ~45 games for last season, less if you factored in the abbreviated 19-20 & 21 seasons.

Last edited:

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

Vilardi
JAD
Bjornfot
Anderson

To our polls.

I just read that comment. Yeah, that's silly and an artificial attempt to inflate his list.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I saw that, and it would be fine for an 82-game season, but I would think you would have to pro-rate it to ~45 games for last season, less if you factored in the abbreviated 19-20 & 21 seasons.

Yep, it's a deliberately obtuse attempt, because the insanely obvious spirit of the law in this case was that players that played even 2/3 a season had 'graduated' from prospect status.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yep, it's a deliberately obtuse attempt, because the insanely obvious spirit of the law in this case was that players that played even 2/3 a season had 'graduated' from prospect status.

I honestly think HF should rethink its prospect criteria, anyway. That's why I use "Calder eligibility" as a cut off. Alternatively, just make the cut-off be waiver exempt players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad