3. Alex Turcotte, F (69.9%), +0
4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (94.1%), +1
5. Brock Faber, D (44.6%), +9
6. Rasmus Kupari, F (67.1%), +3
7. Akil Thomas, F (35.4%), +4
8. Samuel Fagemo, F (47.5%), -2
9. Tyler Madden, F (65.9%), -1

+ Vladimir Tkachev, F

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Jacob Moverare, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Matthew Villalta, G

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Still Grans for me. Really excited to see how he does this year, it's going to be a big season for him. I think I might even have him above Thomas and Madden. At this point, next up for me is probably Nousiainen or Pinelli. Jesus Christ, we have so many prospects... Pinelli would be top five in other organizations.

Add Parik. We're sleeping on him.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
So potentially 2 of the top 10 were drafted this year. Great draft!

Pinelli was loaned to HDD Jesenice. We know a pretty good player from Jesenice...

Reactions: King'sPawn

Token

May 15, 2019
Went Chromiak here.

Yeah, not the sexy pick …

… so much more shiny on this list …

… but, The Krom to me is some kind of new improved special …

Kid went from “who?” on draft day to a traveling scoring machine that will play anywhere, any time, in any country, in any league.

To me, that is just money in the bank!

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if the remaining two contract sports that get us to 50 will be Clarke and Chrome.

Team Krom!

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Still think Clague has middle pairing upside and is more of a sure bet than Grans.

Add Laferriere

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Tough one. Before casting, I wanted to see more footage of Pinelli, as was down to him, Grans or Clague. I still believe in Clague and thought he was good in his second callup. Love the way he activates and cuts through ice quickly in the ozone...but he's 23 and that must factor in here. He's on the cusp and may not have a spot for him. I think he will play in the NHL and be decent, but probably not here. I know this will never happen, but would love to see him paired with Drew for 10 or so games. I honestly feel Kale would impress and be very good, paired with Drew. The McNabbs and MacDermids had their chance with Drew....sheesh. I think Clague would be great with Drew.

After watching Pinelli clips, going with him. Yannetti pretty much hinted they rated him in the 1st round. Pinelli played Slovenia pro league and looked like he did well and didn't turn 18 until April 11. So he was essentially playing there at the age of 17. I like his vision, patience with the puck and his release is quick and shot accurate. Only downside may be overall speed, yet he knows where to be and gets there...other thing mentioned was possible 'compete in the hard areas' or some such. I say he overcomes this and gets stronger. He's a very smart player.

Last edited:
Reactions: funky

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Went Chromiak here.

Yeah, not the sexy pick …

… so much more shiny on this list …

… but, The Krom to me is some kind of new improved special …

Kid went from “who?” on draft day to a traveling scoring machine that will play anywhere, any time, in any country, in any league.

To me, that is just money in the bank!

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if the remaining two contract sports that get us to 50 will be Clarke and Chrome.

Team Krom!

Chromiak was actually very well regarded, fwiw. I think he was projected to go in the first two rounds. And there was a bit of an uproar when he was left off the U-20 WJC team in his draft year, which prompted him to go to the OHL.

I could be misremembering, but he was considered a huge steal in the 5th round.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
It’s nuts that a guy most had going in the 1st round at this years draft will be our #10 ranked prospect…good stuff.

Reactions: Token

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Grans, because the kid has a chance to be a top 4 defenseman.

Add Reclamation Project, because every board needs a few criminals.

daredevil-la-mente-de-wilson-fisk-kingpin-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad