Votes: 0 0.0%
  • W - Nick Abruzzese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Much like the Marlies games I doubt his detractors will take the time to watch this video. He's #1 for me with Robertson a close #2 and Sandin a similarly close #3
If anything that video really doesn't do his game justice. Ya it showcases some highlights which were nice, but I swear to god he does something to that quality every shift he is on the ice. That highlight pack was just showing the plays he made that lead to goals. I watched a lot of Marlies puck this year and I have to say he was an absolute treat to watch.

For me, Sandin still has just a touch more upside. He also plays a far riskier game. But Sandin's vision is elite IMO. He see's the game offensively at a very high level, and he makes very nice plays in his own end that limit the time he actually has to defend. Despite what he showed in game 5 lol. Once he figures out what he can and can't get away with at the NHL level, Rasmus will be a top pairing guy for a long time IMO. Timmy is the more rounded player at the moment and I really think his upside is only a shade behind Sandin's. They are very very close for me.

I have been a massive fan of Robertson since the day we drafted him. There are few kids his age who work as hard as Nick. I just cannot see him not becoming something based on that alone. His shot is a joke. There is probably only 5-10% of the NHL with a better shot or comparable TBH. I have him as 3 on my list only because I think his leg injury early on was a big setback for him last year. Well maybe not setback, but it kept him at status quo for the year. He really struggled to stay on his feet after returning from injury, even at the AHL level. Hard to believe it didn't have something to do with that. I know he's probably one of, if not the hardest working player's we have in the organization, so I am sure he will be ready for camp and will really push for a roster spot come September

Reactions: stickty111

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018
Something about Lily. Just really want him to get a chance and succeed. Hope he gets a long look with a chance to play through mistakes. Rotate him, Dermott, Sandin through the lineup all year next to vets and we’ll be better off for it come playoff time.

Lily looked so raw his first year but has improved like crazy. Hoping the same for Robertson in his second pro season, same with Amirov. But Lily gets my vote!

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Why are people so high on Liljegren?
The AHL is a very good league, and Timmy was very clearly a cut above everyone on the ice almost every game last year. The Marlies as a whole were f***ing embarrassing. They were terribly coached, played with zero structure, and were just flat out bad. Timmy was one of the few players who stood out every game in a positive way. He has NHL level skill, He has been a victim of poor circumstances. It is extremely hard for Timmy to showcase what he can do when his call ups consist of being HS'd and maybe getting into 1 or 2 games. His leash is so short, which is so terrible for a guy like him who absolutely needs to play with confidence. I honestly think they'll give him some room to grow this year at the NHL level, and if so I am very confident he will prove his doubters wrong

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
@Morgs is Menell eligible for this based on your criteria? If so he should probably be an option no? I'd think he'd be a top 10 pick, definitely top 15.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Didn't Amirov start last season near ppg and then after the draft really had a major dip in production? Also, his WJC performance wasn't impressive, like not at all. I like his speed, skill, and shot ... but he's gotta produce before I put him ahead of the other 3 guys
he produced well to start last season because he was given an opportunity, but that disappeared when other players came back from covid. He looked just as good offensively to start the preseason this year until his injury. As far as the WJC, he was their leading scorer and was a key contributor in every area of the game. His team disappointed as a whole, but it wasn't really on him

Reactions: stickty111

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
@Morgs is Menell eligible for this based on your criteria? If so he should probably be an option no? I'd think he'd be a top 10 pick, definitely top 15.

He's 24 as of May so I personally don't consider him a "prospect" anymore. If people want him added though I have no issue. I just wanted to create rules as we never have any each year and people normally complain about players every thread.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
He's 24 as of May so I personally don't consider him a "prospect" anymore. If people want him added though I have no issue. I just wanted to create rules as we never have any each year and people normally complain about players every thread.
Ok wasn't sure if it was 24 and under or just under 24

Reactions: Morgs

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
How is Amirov gunna end up 4th lol...

Top 3 will all be players that play in NA. Really feels like the majority here have not paid attention to Amirov at all.

Really don't understand the Liljegren hype. He probably maxes out as a number 3/4 dude. Hes comin into his D+5 and still might not even make the roster...
I guess Amirov will be voted 3rd.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Is Sandin really still a prospect? He's played NHL games in the last 2 seasons now.

As I posted in the OP, the way I do prospects is they must be under 24, under 50 NHL GP, and must be tied to the org (signed ELC like Gogolev/Steeves or drafted).

I know my word isn't law, but it's just so we have a way to differentiate instead of me asking for people's opinion throughout. Not like it hurts having him as #1.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's not better than any of the current d.
Not sure what that has to with the point, but how do you know that without him playing a game this season? If he has a good camp, he is on the team and potentially playing over Sandin or Dermott.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Not sure what that has to with the point, but how do you know that without him playing a game this season? If he has a good camp, he is on the team and potentially playing over Sandin or Dermott.

Because I watched him last season and he was below average in the NHL.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Liljeren is legitimately one of the best defensemen in the AHL.
If this were true, he'd be in the running for this prestigious award:
Eddie Shore Award - Wikipedia
Funny, I don't see him on the list of winners. Must be a typo or something. Having said that, even if he were legit one of the best defencemen in the AHL there isn't exactly a great track record for the best AHL defenceman going on to be even a reasonable NHL defenceman. Former Marlie TJ Brennan has 2 of these awards for best AHL defenceman and remember what an impact he had on the Leafs when he earned a job? Yeah, that's Liljegren. Vote for him if it makes you feel better.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Because I watched him last season and he was below average in the NHL.
That doesn't indicate anything about his potential performance next time, and he has a good chance to be the bottom pairing d man on the team. He was good in his 2 games this season. He's be fine.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
That doesn't indicate anything about his potential performance next time, and he has a good chance to be the bottom pairing d man on the team. He was good in his 2 games this season. He's be fine.

Thats my point, our standards are low if a bottom pairing d is our 2nd best prospect. When you have prospects who have top 6 potential on forward or top 2 potential on d.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Thats my point, our standards are low if a bottom pairing d is our 2nd best prospect. When you have prospects who have top 6 potential on forward or top 2 potential on d.
The only reason he wasn't a full timer was his ELC. It had $400k in bonuses that they couldn't afford.

Period. Other than that, he would have played a lot more.

Reactions: aingefan

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Liljegren has much higher potential then that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad