Pre-Game Talk: 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I see Byfield’s career following a trajectory like E Kane’s. Physically he’ll be in the NHL at 18 or 19 and he’ll always just be a little underwhelming based on his production from his skill level.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I wish they made the Gold Medal for this Best of 3...nobody needs the rink and none of these players will be playing soon. Great battles between these countries.

Reactions: Heldig

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Two of the best teams either country has iced in this tournament. US was up to the task tonight and Knight really locked in after the opening game.

Reactions: surixon

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
On the bright side, Heinola, who I was told was severely outclassed by Byram, outplayed him in both the semis and the medal games.

Reactions: Fairview

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
On the bright side, Heinola, who I was told was severely outclassed by Byram, outplayed him in both the semis and the medal games.

Byram is a high event player for better or worse. He’s not gonna be Pronger but he’ll be pretty good anchoring a pair for the Avs.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Cozens was completely removed from the game and as has been mentioned there was a lot of individuals out there tonight.

As much as the commentary was talking up Byram activating offensively I felt like it was throwing off the forwards. Every time he went deep into the o-zone the play and cycle seemed to die.

I thought Byfield was one of the better forwards this game. One of the few that seemed to be pushing play out of Canada's zone with consistency.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Too many players were MIA today ...

Cozens, Byram, McMichael ...

speaking of MIA, Caufield was a non-factor. He feasted on the Euro teams but against Canada, who play more like an NHL team, he did nothing. Will need major adjustments to make the NHL

NHL comparable...Phil Kessel

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not sure about that - I thought Byram was very good.
The second goal he was out of position cheating up ice. The penalty was also partially his fault because he was behind the American net which led to the 2 -on-1. He’s a fantastic skater and good offensively, but if he isn’t scoring, he’s a negative asset, and tonight he wasn’t scoring.

Meanwhile Heinola was steady as she goes munching BIG minutes for the Finns - making smart, high IQ plays offensively and mostly a rock defensively.

Reactions: Fairview

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Really liked Perfetti’s game. Thought he looked very strong in his playmaking ability, and quite poised even in the dying seconds. Lots of creativity in his game, that will absolutely be fine tuned, but very excited to see him dishing assists from the half wall to Laine, KC, Scheifele, and Heinola some day.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Really liked Perfetti’s game. Thought he looked very strong in his playmaking ability, and quite poised even in the dying seconds. Lots of creativity in his game, that will absolutely be fine tuned, but very excited to see him dishing assists from the half wall to Laine, KC, Scheifele, and Heinola some day.

I think he also put 5 shots on net as well. He played well and was showing some real nice creativity on his zone entries.

Love his patience on zone exits, doesn't panic and makes good reads and will reverse if necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad