Who is the Devils' #18 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Just 3 more polls and 10 days left before rookies report!

RankPlayerDraft POSVote %2020 Result2019 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 overall88.6Alexander HoltzJack Hughes
2Dawson Mercer2020 Round 1 #18 overall61.3Ty SmithTy Smith
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 overall63.8Dawson MercerJesper Boqvist
4Nolan Foote2019 Round 1 #27 overall80.4Nolan FooteMacKenzie Blackwood
5Shakir Mukhamadullin2020 round 1 #20 overall40.7Kevin BahlJoey Anderson
6Kevin Bahl2018 round 2 #55 overall39.1Shakir MukhamadullinAarne Talvitie
7Graeme Clarke2019 round 3 #80 overall44.0Tyce ThompsonReilly Walsh
8Chase Stillman2021 round 1 #29 overall72.3Janne KuokkanenMichael McLeod
9Nikita Okhotiuk2019 round 2 #61 overall41.6Reilly WalshNathan Bastian
10Samu Salminen2021 round 3 #68 overall25.0Daniil MisyulDaniil Misyul
11Michael Vukojevic2019 round 3 #82 overall19.7Nico DawsMarian Studenic
12Jaromir Pytlik2020 round 4 #99 overall27.4Nick MerkleyBrett Seney
13Tyce Thompson2019 round 4 #96 overall28.4Yegor SharangovichFabian Zetterlund
14 Reilly Walsh 2017 round 3 #81 overall32.8Nathan BastianNikita Okhotyuk
15Fabian Zetterlund2017 round 3 #63 overall21.1Nikita OkhotyukBrandon Gignac
16Nico Daws2020 round 3 #84 overall24.0Case McCarthyMikhail Maltsev
17Arseni Gritsyuk2019 round 5 #129 overall25.4Graeme ClarkeMichael Vukojevic
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Last Pick: Arseni Gritsyuk - Avangard Omsk / KHL

Gritsyuk.jpg

Added: Viktor Hurtig

Eligible Players:

Benjamin Baumgartner
Chase De Leeo
AJ Greer
Jeremy Groleau
Ripshot 43
Jakub Malek
Eetu Päkkilä
Nikola Pasic
Nikita Popugayev
Nathan Schnarr
Gilles Senn
Artem Shlaine
Topias Vilen
Colton White
Yegor Zaitsev

Zakhar Bardakov
Cole Brady
Ethan Edwards
Viktor Hurtig
Case McCarthy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Akira Schmid
Marian Studenic
Aarne Talvitie

Kevin Bahl
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Dawson Mercer
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Nikita Okhotiuk
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Michael Vukojevic
Reilly Walsh
Fabian Zetterlund

Last edited:

A Devils Fan

Nov 17, 2019
Kinda nuts to still have so many players on the list that I feel like have a really good chance of being NHL players. 10 years ago, a player like Schnarr would probably be getting penciled in as our fourth line center or something.

Reactions: Guadana

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Damn. I should have sped up the polls so they'd be done before you got your privileges back :laugh:
I just unlocked them for the first time.. Its voter suppression, I tell ya!

damn politics of it all; FREE THE HARD WORKING PROSPECTS!

#ProspectVotesMatter

Reactions: Nubmer6

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I've been crazy busy lately with college starting up so I haven't been able to post much. Here is my updated personal prospect rankings up to #18.
  1. Luke Hughes
  2. Dawson Mercer
  3. Alex Holtz
  4. Shakir Mukhamadullin
  5. Nolan Foote
  6. Graeme Clarke
  7. Nikita Okhotiuk
  8. Kevin Bahl
  9. Chase Stillman
  10. Michael Vukojevic
  11. Akira Schmid
  12. Nico Daws
  13. Tyce Thompson
  14. Zakhar Bardakov
  15. Daniil Misyul
  16. Reilly Walsh
  17. Jaromir Pytlik
  18. Arseni Gritsyuk

Daws and Schmid are being crazy underrated in my opinion, especially Schmid. The fact that he seemingly won't crack the top 20 is ridiculous.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I've been crazy busy lately with college starting up so I haven't been able to post much. Here is my updated personal prospect rankings up to #18.
  1. Luke Hughes
  2. Dawson Mercer
  3. Alex Holtz
  4. Shakir Mukhamadullin
  5. Nolan Foote
  6. Graeme Clarke
  7. Nikita Okhotiuk
  8. Kevin Bahl
  9. Chase Stillman
  10. Michael Vukojevic
  11. Akira Schmid
  12. Nico Daws
  13. Tyce Thompson
  14. Zakhar Bardakov
  15. Daniil Misyul
  16. Reilly Walsh
  17. Jaromir Pytlik
  18. Arseni Gritsyuk

Daws and Schmid are being crazy underrated in my opinion, especially Schmid. The fact that he seemingly won't crack the top 20 is ridiculous.

i think had Schmid been healthy since he was drafted he’d be more highly regarded. He has two good years sandwiched around a bad one that seems to have been chalked up to injury. Hopefully he is healthy next season and gets a chance to show his talent and develop it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
  1. Luke Hughes
  2. Dawson Mercer
  3. Alex Holtz
  4. Shakir Mukhamadullin
  5. Nolan Foote
  6. Graeme Clarke
  7. Nikita Okhotiuk
  8. Kevin Bahl
  9. Chase Stillman
  10. Michael Vukojevic
  11. Akira Schmid
  12. Nico Daws
  13. Tyce Thompson
  14. Zakhar Bardakov
  15. Daniil Misyul
  16. Reilly Walsh
  17. Jaromir Pytlik
  18. Arseni Gritsyuk

Players are winning by such a small margins now (this poll notwithstanding) that clearly lots of posters like a lot of these guys.

There’s bit of a pile-up at goal and people don’t quite know what to make of any of them.

Daws is overager w/ a December 2000 birth, he would have been older draft 2019 pick.

Schmid has a May 2000 birthday so they both finished their age 20 year.

Brady is a year younger with a February 2001 birthday. Malek was also an overager too so he’s only a year younger than Brady, with a April 2002 birthday.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Players are winning by such a small margins now (this poll notwithstanding) that clearly lots of posters like a lot of these guys.

There’s bit of a pile-up at goal and people don’t quite know what to make of any of them.

Daws is overager w/ a December 2000 birth, he would have been older draft 2019 pick.

Schmid has a May 2000 birthday so they both finished their age 20 year.

Brady is a year younger with a February 2001 birthday. Malek was also an overager too so he’s only a year younger than Brady, with a April 2002 birthday.

I don’t know much about Malek but the others have something to commend them. Daws was a WJC goalie for Cannada which is obviously impressive. Schmid was a goalie of the year for the USHL. Brady chased a veteran starter into the transfer portal. I could see at least one playing in the NHL.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don’t know much about Malek but the others have something to commend them. Daws was a WJC goalie for Cannada which is obviously impressive. Schmid was a goalie of the year for the USHL. Brady chased a veteran starter into the transfer portal. I could see at least one playing in the NHL.
They all have upside, they’re just sort of in a massive tie after Daws barely played in the DEL, Brady had a tough season (he went old school viral with Mono) with some real promise, while Schmid came roaring back in the USHL against teens. This season will be big for all of them, far from decisive, but at least we’ll get a better sense what we have.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

That may end up to be the case but based on their play to this point their futures are anything but certain; and their lower rankings seem justified.

Schmid did well last season, but was playing in a junior league as a 20-year-old; when many prospects are in either their first or second year of college or playing pro hockey.

Daws, who was drafted in his second year of eligibility and lackluster in the WJC as a 19-year-old, barely played last season.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
This is a case about actual info. If I have a chance to rerank players with actual performance - Misyul have to be higher in my rankings.

Believe I may have brought this up in a previous poll, but other than their draft position what is the case for Misyul being ahead of Zaitsev other than draft position or age?

In last year's KHL playoffs Misyul skated in just four of 10 games for Lokomotiv; Yaitsev played all 10 with Dynamo.

And so far this season Zaitsev is seeing solid second pair minutes on what is looking like one of the KHL's better teams.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Believe I may have brought this up in a previous poll, but other than their draft position what is the case for Misyul being ahead of Zaitsev other than draft position or age?

In last year's KHL playoffs Misyul skated in just four of 10 games for Lokomotiv; Yaitsev played all 10 with Dynamo.

And so far this season Zaitsev is seeing solid second pair minutes on what is looking like one of the KHL's better teams.
Misyul is younger. And now he is playin 2nd pair minutes. And he is 1st PK unit player. Misyul is better skater and he has some offensive upside\potential.

I like Zaitsev and I think he can be solid 3rd pairing defenseman with PK minutes, but he has no chanse to have more than 2-3 mil per year. Taxes, prices, injuries. It is not good idea to travel in USA for him. Most likely Zaitsev will never score 10 points even if he will play in NHL. Yeah, I like how he can hit everyone, he is solid one on one, but he mill make more real money in Russia for his job. He play RD and play this defensive role pretty solid. If he he will try himself as NHL player - that`s great. But I dont think this will gonna happend.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Age is the one case - Zaitsev was drafted in 2017 as an overage selection so he is 23, Misyul turns 21 in a month. Zaitsev's minutes jumped from 13 to 16 a game when he went into his age 21 season. So far Misyul is playing 19 minutes a game, if he keeps that up, then yes, he will have to be thought of as better than Zaitsev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad