Prospect Info: 2021 Entry Draft #122 - Rasmus Korhonen (G)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Token big ass goalie pick. Father was a pro goalie for 15 years.

#7) RASMUS KORHONEN
Rasmus Korhonen is a Finnish goalie with an October 2002 birthday, making him a first time draft eligible goalie with a late birthday. He’s listed as 6’5” and 201 lbs. He spent most of the season in Finland’s U20 league, where had a .908 sv% in 17 games. He also got into two games in the Liiga, where he had an .800 sv% in two relief appearances. Those aren’t necessarily great numbers, and in fact looking at his EP page you won’t often see eye-popping numbers at any point in his junior career. But when he was called up to the Liiga club, Korhonen had a .934 sv% in his first nine games in the U20 level. The potential seems there, and being called up to the pro level may have messed with him down the stretch. Playing pro at all in your draft year was a good signal from my goalie drafting article, so he could be interesting in the late rounds. More likely, he’ll go undrafted this year and go higher in next year’s draft if he has a stronger season.

2021 NHL Draft Profiles: The Goalies

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When I saw this name slide across my ticket I said, “I don’t even have to look it up, I know he’s a tall finish goalie.” I looked it up. Yeeeup.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Appeared in one playoff game for Assat but looks like he is playing for Jukurit next season. Does he still fit in the Coyotes' plans?

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Appeared in one playoff game for Assat but looks like he is playing for Jukurit next season. Does he still fit in the Coyotes' plans?
Considering our shallow goalie prospect depth consists of Korhonen and Thornton (don't think Prosvetov or Tendeck are looking to be the guys in the future, if they're even signed again) I'd say the door is open to whoever wants to step up and take it.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Considering our shallow goalie prospect depth consists of Korhonen and Thornton (don't think Prosvetov or Tendeck are looking to be the guys in the future, if they're even signed again) I'd say the door is open to whoever wants to step up and take it.
We drafted 3 more this year.
Hrabal, Thelin and Musser. Two of which are having great seasons.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad