Prospect Info: 2021 Entry Draft #107 - Emil Martinsen Lilleberg (D)

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I guess they saw this guy when Cameron Crotty went on loan to Sarpsborg. Also was at the WC's. Odd pick.

A somewhat high number of PIMS for the Norwegian league.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Emil Martinsen Lilleberg, D (Norway): Also playing against men full time, Lilleberg is currently ranked 127th among European skaters by the NHL Central Scouting, which suggests he won’t likely have his name called in June. But still, he would have been a real threat to win the top defenceman award had Mortiz Seider not existed. Lilleberg had three points for Norway, a team that didn’t necessarily go into the Division IA tournament with a serious chance at a medal, but came away with a bronze after edging Austria in their final game. Lilleberg had three assists in the tournament and was good overall on a team that was outmatched in most contests.

Lilleberg isn’t going to steal your heart with his two-way play, but he is competent when joining in on the rush and can play the power play. Lilleberg has solid size and can stand up to older competition, as he has done in Norway, albeit in a third-pairing role for most of the year. Lilleberg has learned to be smart when distributing the puck and can throw some solid hits, but positioning can be an issue when he ramps up the energy.

IIHF Division 1A and 1B Junior Tournaments

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
20 year old who played in 18 games last year in Norway?

Interesting picks so far
Extremely interesting picks. This is the most unconventional day two I can remember. Every single pick has been a complete head scratcher. All of them. Will be fun to see what happens.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Extremely interesting picks. This is the most unconventional day two I can remember. Every single pick has been a complete head scratcher. All of them. Will be fun to see what happens.

Everyone is scratching heads when we finally have real scouts making decisions. Let's not forget BA's strength as well coming in. :)

I am frankly sick of hearing talking heads project NHLers..think about what just about every talking head said about Blake Wheeler when he went 5 overall. He is now a captain of perhaps the most passionate franchise in Canada.

Love everything this organization is doing...finally!!!

Reactions: RemoAZ

PabloT

Jul 5, 2018
From the club in my city, and seen him many times. One of the best prospects in Norway, and even though we suck at hockey, the best players tends to do good careers

I think that Arizona made a good pick, and if he turns out to be an nhl player, he might have a good career

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Everyone is scratching heads when we finally have real scouts making decisions. Let's not forget BA's strength as well coming in. :)

I keep telling myself that, but I haven't recognized a soul they've drafted past Doan. I know this is a really up-in-the-air draft, but a bunch of overagers and a Finnish goalie with mediocre numbers are testing my faith.

rt

May 13, 2004

I am frankly sick of hearing talking heads project NHLers..think about what just about every talking head said about Blake Wheeler when he went 5 overall. He is now a captain of perhaps the most passionate franchise in Canada.

Love everything this organization is doing...finally!!!
I’m not mad. I’m intrigued. It sort of felt like fantasy camp today. Like scouting wish fulfillment. Like a bunch of old dog scouts finally let completely off the leash to get as crazy as they want. Will be fun to see how it turns out.

Reactions: knich

rt

May 13, 2004
From the club in my city, and seen him many times. One of the best prospects in Norway, and even though we suck at hockey, the best players tends to do good careers

I think that Arizona made a good pick, and if he turns out to be an nhl player, he might have a good career
See? This is awesome!

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I’m not mad. I’m intrigued. It sort of felt like fantasy camp today. Like scouting wish fulfillment. Like a bunch of old dog scouts finally let completely off the leash to get as crazy as they want. Will be fun to see how it turns out.

Yeah..wasn’t suggesting you were mad…was just making general observation about off-season.

Agree…it will be fun.

As crazy as it may seem (really bummed about Garland), this is first time in many years I have real optimism about this franchise future both on and off the ice. I trust our scouts, coach, GM and ownership.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I guess they saw this guy when Cameron Crotty went on loan to Sarpsborg. Also was at the WC's. Odd pick.

A somewhat high number of PIMS for the Norwegian league

As the refs allows a bit tougher play in America than in Norway, this might just mean he will have an easier transition. Crotty ended up a lot in the box too.

PabloT

Jul 5, 2018
According to the local newspaper, 5 different nhl clubs had interest. He preferred Arizona, and was glad he was drafted by them.

also said he will play for oskarshamn in the Swedish elite series (SHL) next season

Reactions: NSYote and rt

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
3 points in 4 SHL games this season seems like a really good start. Maybe we have something in this kid? If he can keep it up maybe he’s in the future defence plans.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
3 points in 4 SHL games this season seems like a really good start. Maybe we have something in this kid? If he can keep it up maybe he’s in the future defence plans.

Small sample size, and scoring has been a rarity in past seasons. I'm assuming his defensive prowess is what impresses scouts. Jumping up to the SHL should give us a better idea of what we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad