• Benoit-Olivier Groulx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the fourth poll, I am voting for Jacob Perreault.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka​

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Torn between Perreault and Dostal here, ended up going Perreault just because I think he's a safer bit to hit his potential but I'm big on the upside of both of them

Same here. I think Dostal is definitely going to be an NHL player, but I’m not convinced he’ll be a top 20 starter. Perreault is more boom/bust but I see a top 6 wing position in his future.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Same here. I think Dostal is definitely going to be an NHL player, but I’m not convinced he’ll be a top 20 starter. Perreault is more boom/bust but I see a top 6 wing position in his future.
Thats my issue with goalies. A goalie outside of top 20 has virtually no value while a top 6 winger has tons of value.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Went with Dostal, it was close, if I had seen a bit more shot volume out of Perreault in the AHL that would have put shed him over

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Dostal was my no-brainer for #3, so needless to say, this is an easy decision.

He's carrying pro teams (Finland and AHL) since 18 years old, lol. He got sick in his last WJC so he didn't had a chance to shine on an international stage, so I think there he ''lost'' a little hype from everyone. But he was the best goalie in Finland as a 19 year old. He carried his AHL team late in the season and playoffs as a 20 year old. Just now turned 21 in the summer – it's ridiculous what he's doing.

The numbers D+1 is comparable to those of Tukka Rask.
D+2 and D+3 Dostal is considerably better.

The only knock is his size, which is now shown as 6`2 on Elite Prospects (he was 6`1 even recently). Maybe a small growth spurt. IIRC in cm he was very close to 6'2 anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad