Prospect Info: 2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
With the rush of offseason moves likely being over, it's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the first poll, I am voting for Trevor Zegras.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka

Reactions: ShadowDuck

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Feel like we can just skip to #4

Zegras
Drysdale
McTavish

I think dostal or perreault could be in the top 3 if you see them as a starting goalie or top line winger and only see mctavish as a number 2 center

imo only the top 2 are locked up. And the order of z vs d is worth debating because it’s very close imo

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
  1. Zegras
  2. Drysdale

3. McTavish

4. Perreault
  5. Zellweger
  6. Pastujov
  7. Dostal
  8. Groulx
That is pretty accurate to how i feel.
As much as i like LaCombe and Thrun they are projects taking a longer route that we hope can be 2nd pairing Dmen while Zellweger has a higher ceiling already.
I have Dostal higher but goalies are so hard to predict and in terms of value they return less in assets.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
That is pretty accurate to how i feel.
As much as i like LaCombe and Thrun they are projects taking a longer route that we hope can be 2nd pairing Dmen while Zellweger has a higher ceiling already.
I have Dostal higher but goalies are so hard to predict and in terms of value they return less in assets.
I have LaCombe right there with the pack but probably at 9 and Thrun right behind him at 10. Waiting to see how they look at AHL level.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
  1. Zegras
  2. Drysdale

3. McTavish (solid 2C or goal scoring winger)

4. Perreault (worse version of Kessel)
  5. Zellweger (Girard-ish with some Spurgeon mixed in)
  6. Pastujov (if he improves skating better version of Terry)
  7. Dostal (hard to predict goalies)
  8. Groulx (Bonino-ish but a little more physical)
  9. LaCombe (waiting to see him at AHL level) (boom or bust)
  10. Thrun (3rd pairing)
  11. Tracey (boom or bust)
  12. Tschigerl (worse version of Blake Coleman, I think he will be a 3rd liner, great pick)
  13. McLaughlin (sleeper)
  14. Hinds
  15. Nickl
Cluster I have between 4-7 & 9-12 are super close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
  1. Zegras
  2. Drysdale

3. McTavish

4. Perreault
  5. Zellweger
  6. Pastujov
  7. Dostal
  8. Groulx
  9. LaCombe (waiting to see him at AHL level)
  10. Thrun
  11. Tracey
  12. Tschigerl
  13. McLaughlin
  14. Hinds
  15. Nickl
Cluster I have between 9-12 are super close.
Really important year for Tracey as a prospect.
If he looks horribly bad in AHL again then it really doesn't look good for him and could end up in the ECHL like Badini did.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I see I’m in the minority again in the Zegras vs Drysdale debate. Drysdale I think has as high upside and had a much better d + 1 season. I get how people prefer Zegras but I don’t get how it’s so lopsided.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Its more i'm cautious with Drysdale & want to see him have another season first before i move him ahead of Zegras in terms of value.
For me it goes back to 2010-11 when Fowler looked so dynamic and explosive like he was a future 1D and then he never looked like that ever again.
I simply accepted his defensive mistakes as being a 18y rookie in the NHL that would only get better with more experience.

The Ducks media was hyping Fowler up like he was gonna turn into a 1D franchise guy because Niedermayer was mentoring him etc.
Maybe it was too much pressure on Cam to live up to that hype ?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I get that but imagine how much Drysdale could potentially dominate the WJC if we sent him back this year. Zegras was almost 20 when he put in that performance, the same age Drysdale would be at the next WJC.

It's very hard to imagine Drysdale having that level of impact if he played in next years tournament. I'm sure he would do extremely well, MVP isn't even out of the question, but Zegras had one of the most dominant performances ever, it's asking way too much for Drysdale to match that.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
It's very hard to imagine Drysdale having that level of impact if he played in next years tournament. I'm sure he would do extremely well, MVP isn't even out of the question, but Zegras had one of the most dominant performances ever, it's asking way too much for Drysdale to match that.
This, Zegras may very well go down as the most dominant American performance that the WJC has ever seen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad