NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Wild Card Game: (4) Tennessee Titans vs (5) Baltimore Ravens - BAL wins 20-13

TEN vs BAL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I lost a lot of respect for the Ravens after their schedule antics with Pittsburgh. The NFL moved mountains to reschedule their game, but Teams like Cleveland and Denver had to play without a skill position set of players

i can't believe people unironically think rescheduling the game was done for competitive purposes.

delaying it just took out more of our players, we literally would've been better off playing the game on thanksgiving.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think KC would rather play Steelers than Ravens with the current groove. Should be interesting game though, lets see how Ravens D performs vs. Mahomes, they shut down Titans really well today.

KC and Pittsburgh can't play one another until the championship game. So the Chiefs either host Cleveland or Baltimore next week.

My guess is if it's Cleveland, Chiefs will be favored by 8.5 or 9. If it's Baltimore, maybe 7.

I'm probably being generous with those lines too.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i can't believe people unironically think rescheduling the game was done for competitive purposes.

delaying it just took out more of our players, we literally would've been better off playing the game on thanksgiving.
the fact that people continue to bring that up is hilarious. yeah, the league shouldn't have postponed and allowed a bunch of players who likely had covid to play, thus infecting even more people, including the steelers

the league isn't going to cancel games. what they did was the best option for player's health

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
The Ravens absolutely have the personnel to upset the Chiefs. They run far too many blitz heavy packages that Mahomes can easily exploit. He's one of the few QBs that actually feast on other team's aggressions. They need to play back and keep everything in front of them, Mahomes had dozens of turnover worthy plays this year, iirc he broke a record for dropped interceptions. So the recipe for victory is there.

Can Lamar exploit their rather subpar rushing defence? Absolutely.
Could the Ravens force a couple turnovers out of Mahomes? Absolutely.
Could the Ravens front stall CEH like they did with Henry today? Absolutely.

Will they? I dunno we'll see.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Ravens will likely find out (unless Cleveland shocks the world) that playing K.C. is a different animal from the Bengals, jags, and giants AKA the teams they fattened up on to overtake Miami following the MNF win

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Ravens will likely find out (unless Cleveland shocks the world) that playing K.C. is a different animal from the Bengals, jags, and giants AKA the teams they fattened up on to overtake Miami following the MNF win

You can only beat who's put in front of you.

The irony of people shitting on the Ravens for their easy schedule yet jerking off the Steelers as some legit super bowl contender is so ironically hilarious.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

The irony of people shitting on the Ravens for their easy schedule yet jerking off the Steelers as some legit super bowl contender is so ironically hilarious.

Who has done this?

Steelers aren't making it past next week. Hell, I'm not convinced they win tonight.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Probably because of point differential (I,e. BAL had a larger margin of victory vs common opponents)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Who has done this?

Steelers aren't making it past next week. Hell, I'm not convinced they win tonight.

cleveland hasn’t won at Heinz Field for eons.

last time they did, Sidney Crosby was splaying for Rimouski Oceanic and Mark Messier was still an active player

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
cleveland hasn’t won at Heinz Field for eons.

last time they did, Sidney Crosby was splaying for Rimouski Oceanic and Mark Messier was still an active player

Yeah.

Mike Tomlin is coach. I don't trust him.

Will the Steelers win? Probably by default since Covid has taken the Browns out.

But never underestimate the stupidity of Tomlin.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yeah.

Mike Tomlin is coach. I don't trust him.

Will the Steelers win? Probably by default since Covid has taken the Browns out.

But never underestimate the stupidity of Tomlin.

No stefanski is a big deal though. Tomlin has a huge edge over whoever is interim over the coach of the year’s

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He doesn't win games though. He's essentially Alex Smith.

This game is the perfect example.

Bullshit...Tannehill has been much more valuable to and made more plays for Tennesee these past 2 years than Alex Smith really ever was/did for his teams in his career. He's transformed the Titans offense.

55 Passing TD, 13 INT in 26 starts...Alex Smith hasn't really had a 2 year stretch close to that.

There's an area between Mahomes/Rogers and Alex Smith.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Bullshit...Tannehill has been much more valuable to and made more plays for Tennesee these past 2 years than Alex Smith really ever was/did for his teams in his career. He's transformed the Titans offense.

55 Passing TD, 13 INT in 26 starts...Alex Smith hasn't really had a 2 year stretch close to that.

There's an area between Mahomes/Rogers and Alex Smith.
Both are game managers , Rivers might be a comparison? Rivers has more arm talent.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Im not sure I’d agree with that label at all for Tannehill based on how he’s played the past 2 seasons, he’s made a lot of big plays for Tennessee.
Hes a tough one to compair.. however i like seeing him turn it around after his stay in Miami.. goes to show some guys are given up on way to early.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad