Prospect Info: 2021 224th Overall Pick | RW Niko Huuhtanen

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It doesn't even seem like his skating is that bad. He's just a young guy with Bambi legs. I bet a summer or two of squats and he looks even better. What stands out to me is that his footwork is still relatively agile, and he shifts his weight on his edges well without looking like hes in mud. He just looks like he needs strength and a slight cleanup of his form.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Leading U20 scoring in Liiga right now. 7 goals, 12 points, 18 GP. Outscoring Ville Koivunen (Carolina), Samu Tuomaala (Philadelphia), Jani Nyman (Seattle), Oliver Kapanen (Montreal), Joakim Kemell (Nashville).

Al Murray strikes again.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Leading U20 scoring in Liiga right now. 7 goals, 12 points, 18 GP. Outscoring Ville Koivunen (Carolina), Samu Tuomaala (Philadelphia), Jani Nyman (Seattle), Oliver Kapanen (Montreal), Joakim Kemell (Nashville).

Al Murray strikes again.
Good to hear this. We don’t really have a sharpshooter in the system so Hoots is a welcome addition.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I really liked what I saw from him at the world juniors. Goes to the net, big body and draws penalties. Also has a nice scoring touch.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He's got an absolute bomb of a one T. Laine esque to be honest. The skating and defense are still a work in progress. He definitely has Stamkos spot on the PP potential and play sheltered 5v5 minutes in the middle 6. Hope he signs soon

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
With his name, I am fairly certain the Avs are required by law to offer us anything in trade for him.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
All I know is that I listened to a fair amount of that game and I heard his name ALOT. Like, studly alot. Between him and Howard I think we've got two stars in the making.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It sounds like he is about as Puljujarvi would have been at the same age in Finland so that's good at least. We gotta teach this hoss how to skate

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
It sounds like he is about as Puljujarvi would have been at the same age in Finland so that's good at least. We gotta teach this hoss how to skate
Completely different style though.

What I am a bit worried about is that 11 of his 15 goals (and 19 points out of 39) are on PP. That’s only 4 5v5 goals in 38 games. Luckily he can hit and fight so it’s not like he’s completely useless out there when not contributing offensively (which btw is something that their head coach Olli Jokinen has brought up as the key factor that took his career to the next level under Keenan IIRC)…

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Completely different style though.

What I am a bit worried about is that 11 of his 15 goals (and 19 points out of 39) are on PP. That’s only 4 5v5 goals in 38 games. Luckily he can hit and fight so it’s not like he’s completely useless out there when not contributing offensively (which btw is something that their head coach Olli Jokinen has brought up as the key factor that took his career to the next level under Keenan IIRC)…
He's definitely a PP merchant to some extent. His defensive play isn't great, but he's improved enough on both sides of the puck to get key minutes every night, and sometimes, you will take minuses as a result. Jokinen & Jukurit management aren't expecting him to be Philip Danault out there, they are expecting a Patrik Laine esque one T on the PP every night, plus physical presence.

Reactions: Meuracas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad