Prospect Info: 2021 224th Overall Pick | RW Niko Huuhtanen

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Completely different style though.

What I am a bit worried about is that 11 of his 15 goals (and 19 points out of 39) are on PP. That’s only 4 5v5 goals in 38 games. Luckily he can hit and fight so it’s not like he’s completely useless out there when not contributing offensively (which btw is something that their head coach Olli Jokinen has brought up as the key factor that took his career to the next level under Keenan IIRC)…
Well I compared him to Jesse Puljujarvi from both a similar production standpoint and because he was a bit of a PP merchant himself too at Karpat. He owes every cent of his career to Sebastian Aho as far as I'm concerned. But Niko is doing it with a lot less talent around him which is promising. But dat skating tho.... I think he's gonna have to do at least a full year in Syracuse like Groshev and we're gonna have to start at square one. Both guys have promise but it's gonna take a lot of coaching.

Reactions: Meuracas

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Well I compared him to Jesse Puljujarvi from both a similar production standpoint and because he was a bit of a PP merchant himself too at Karpat. He owes every cent of his career to Sebastian Aho as far as I'm concerned. But Niko is doing it with a lot less talent around him which is promising. But dat skating tho.... I think he's gonna have to do at least a full year in Syracuse like Groshev and we're gonna have to start at square one. Both guys have promise but it's gonna take a lot of coaching.
His skating is a lot better than it was a hear ago, but still obviously not close to NHL level. At least he knows what's holding him back and is working on it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Good Lord. Yeah. Get him over here as soon as the season is over. He's just killing these other men the same way an over-ager kills the juniors. Another year in Finland isn't going to do anything for him. He's like a child playing with his food before he eats it. I'm really excited to see what he can do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad