Waived: 2021-22 Waivers List

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I feel like I should point out……people are saying that Seattle has a terrible lineup. Yet when Fleury couldn’t make that lineup people are drooling over him. :huh:
To be fair, Seattle does quite possibly have one of the worst top 6 forward groups and top pairings as a whole in the league.

But because of the expansion draft, they do have one of the strongest bottom 6 forward groups, and 5 through 9 defensive depth in the league.

Their wealth of depth makes them targets for waiver scavengers, but does nothing to improve their relatively poor top-end talent situation.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
To be fair, Seattle does quite possibly have one of the worst top 6 forward groups and top pairings as a whole in the league.

But because of the expansion draft, they do have one of the strongest bottom 6 forward groups, and 5 through 9 defensive depth in the league.

Their wealth of depth makes them targets for waiver scavengers, but does nothing to improve their relatively poor top-end talent situation.

Very fair assessment and good insight. I just honestly don’t feel that Fleury is worth claiming. So that’s probably weighing my opinion a lot.

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Very fair assessment and good insight. I just honestly don’t feel that Fleury is worth claiming. So that’s probably weighing my opinion a lot.

I think your opinion is more than justified based on what Fleury has done so far in the pros, but he was only 21 last year, so I think people are excited about potential more than his actual current play.

Seattle has only played him 15 minutes so far in 5 preseason games, so I don't think they are too eager to show off his potential, knowing they are more than likely going to be forced to waive him.

Whether or not he gets claimed more than likely depends on what else is available out there before the end of preseason. If Clague clears tonight, I actually feel like that might be more of a bad omen for Seattle than an indicator of what is likely to come, as I think one less young D-man available on waivers at the roster-cut deadline increases the chances someone takes a free flyer on Fleury.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I feel like I should point out……people are saying that Seattle has a terrible lineup. Yet when Fleury couldn’t make that lineup people are drooling over him. :huh:

People thinking that Seattle's 8th dman should replace their own 7th dman doesn't mean Seattle has a good lineup. The draft is designed so that they got a bunch of okay depth guys but no real top end guys. This should be no surprise.

Reactions: wetcoast

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Kale Clagyue and Lucas Johnson both former 2016 1 st round Defencemen waived.

Nashville should pick up Lucas Johnson to form another brother duo.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

which means that they should have done a better job in drafting more players that were easily traded into draft capital.

-Dillion from Washington
- Jake Bean from Carolina

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
And people were crying over losing Cale Fleury

I mean the RHD depth at the time was

Petry
Weber (injured)
Fleury
Brooks

fortunately MB has been able to find some decent guys in FA, but C. Fleury would still he pretty high in MTL's RHD depth chart:

Petry
Weber (injured, LTIR)
Savard
Wideman
Brooks (injured, couple months?)
Belpedio

Niku, Romanov and Kulak could play RD I guess but they're left handed

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

one team's garbage is another team's treasure ! o_O

Aug 10, 2015
Is there any simple way to follow waivers (players placed on, and claims made?). I follow Cap Friendly very closely, but it doesn't seem very 'waiver friendly' to me in that I can't easily find waivers on their site (good at many other things).

I have searched for other sites with better waiver tracking, but haven't found a great source yet.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Is there any simple way to follow waivers (players placed on, and claims made?). I follow Cap Friendly very closely, but it doesn't seem very 'waiver friendly' to me in that I can't easily find waivers on their site (good at many other things).

I have searched for other sites with better waiver tracking, but haven't found a great source yet.

Just follow Elliotte on twitter or some other insiders. They post it everyday.

If you want to have a comprehensive list, you can always scroll down on Elliotte's timeline. Not sure if any website out there actually lists the full waiver wire daily

Reactions: McHaNugYakEbNurDra

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I mean the RHD depth at the time was

Petry
Weber (injured)
Fleury
Brooks

fortunately MB has been able to find some decent guys in FA, but C. Fleury would still he pretty high in MTL's RHD depth chart:

Petry
Weber (injured, LTIR)
Savard
Wideman
Brooks (injured, couple months?)
Belpedio

Niku, Romanov and Kulak could play RD I guess but they're left handed
Point is he's never been as good nor ever had the upside that a lot of people on our board projected and his loss was never a huge loss. He could carve himself some kind of career as a 6th or 7th dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad