Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part I: Release the Hounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Naz is on a pace for 96 points. That’s adequate for a 2C.

Concentrate on getting a 3C.

If JTC misses any games put Dr Hook in the middle of the top line, but we all know, it will be Megna.

Reactions: Gruyeriev

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We'll just have to wait and see honestly. You never know, the way things are going at the moment we might not even need to add a Top 9 Center at the deadline.

Kadri is having a phenomenal season so far this year and if he keeps this up, he's a more then capable 2C. Newhook looks like a completely different player this time around since his stint with the Eagles and if he keeps his play up, he could be the 3C behind Naz that we need.

I'm starting to think myself the idea of getting a utility guy like JT Miller instead of a pure Center is the better choice. He can play any position. For now if we were to trade for him today, you could slot him in on Newhooks wing, but if one of the Centers start to struggle you move Miller to the middle of the ice.

I'm sure Canucks fans would insist on Newhook in any Miller deal, but I think we could have the pieces to get it done without Newhook involved. Mind you this is the time where it sucks that we dont have our 1st round pick to move. A package of Barron + 1st would be more then enough as a basis IMO.

But without the 1st, you have to get more creative to find the right added value to Barron to get a deal done.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
A Bolts fans said they would consider a trade of:

To Col:
Sergachev
Cirelli

To TB:
Girard
Newhook
Jost
2023 second

Obviously just one fan, but I think that addresses pretty much all concerns in one trade.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

To Col:
Sergachev
Cirelli

To TB:
Girard
Newhook
Jost
2023 second

Obviously just one fan, but I think that addresses pretty much all concerns in one trade.
I'd rather keep Girard and they keep Sergachev...but that package doesn't land Cirelli :laugh:

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

To Col:
Sergachev
Cirelli

To TB:
Girard
Newhook
Jost
2023 second

I don't think TB does that deal with Kucherov out. Cirelli is on their top line and they don't have any forward depth.

Also, Hedman and McDonaugh are on the left side.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don’t think I’d move Girard until we can see Byram stay healthy for more than 10 games at a time. I know they’re not his fault but concussions are a scary thing and who knows how long he’s out and if he still has intermittent symptoms when he does come back

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd rather keep Girard and they keep Sergachev...but that package doesn't land Cirelli :laugh:
I'm sorry, what?

Let's not get crazy here. Yes, he plays on Tampa Bay and they're great but Cirelli has never cracked 50 points through his first three NHL seasons and only cracked 40+ once. He's on track to do that this season but barely and only if he keeps up this current level of production.

No doubt a great defensive centre, but let's not act like this is prime Bergeron/Kopitar/O'Reilly we're trading for.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021

To Col:
Sergachev
Cirelli

To TB:
Girard
Newhook
Jost
2023 second

I like that trade. I think Sam is better than Sergachev but he plays with a bit of an edge that we could use. Cirelli is really the key piece here for me. A great 3C I think. Not sure TB does this unless it frees up some cap for them. (I didn’t look at salaries at all so not sure how this balances out money wise)

Of course if Newhook ever becomes the stud we hoped this might end up bad for us.

If they were willing to do Cernak instead of Sergachev I wouldn’t hesitate.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
J.T. Miller is still the guy. I've said that a lot and I know I'm far from alone in that thinking. He checks every box for the Avs and might actually be attainable with how things are going for the Canucks.

The two hold ups are Newhook and a lack of a 1st rounder. You have to give to get but Newhook would be a no go as things stand right now. I'd do one of the D prospects+ if the Canucks would have interest in that.

Reactions: Avsboy

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm sorry, what?

Let's not get crazy here. Yes, he plays on Tampa Bay and they're great but Cirelli has never cracked 50 points through his first three NHL seasons and only cracked 40+ once. He's on track to do that this season but barely and only if he keeps up this current level of production.

No doubt a great defensive centre, but let's not act like this is prime Bergeron/Kopitar/O'Reilly we're trading for.

Either you didn't read correctly or you really believe that Newhook + Jost + 2nd would land Cirelli???

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
J.T. Miller is still the guy. I've said that a lot and I know I'm far from alone in that thinking. He checks every box for the Avs and might actually be attainable with how things are going for the Canucks.

The two hold ups are Newhook and a lack of a 1st rounder. You have to give to get but Newhook would be a no go as things stand right now. I'd do one of the D prospects+ if the Canucks would have interest in that.

I like Miller, agree he'd be a great fit.

I do laugh though that you say you have to give to get then say you'd do one of the D prospects as the main piece if the Canucks have interest. :D

I don't think that gets it done, surely they will get a 1st from somebody.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I do laugh though that you say you have to give to get then say you'd do one of the D prospects as the main piece if the Canucks have interest. :D

Is a late 1st more valuable than Barron being the main piece going back? I think this draft is supposed to be loaded so it might be but Barron could be ready for them as soon next season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm sorry, what?

This is the same board that was drooling over Danault and Crouse.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Avs do have a 2023 1st rounder they can use. I don't think Joe includes, or needs to include, Newhook, G, Bo, or Barron in any deal for him. JTM only has 1 year left on his deal.

I think a deal like JTC + 2023 1st + someone like Kaut/Bowers would be enough. The problem is, Avs still wouldn't have the cap space to make the deal even if JTC is included. They'd have to throw in another piece or 2 to make the $ work, or convince Vancouver to retain at least $1.5M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad