Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part VII: Joe is sleepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You sure about that? Let’s contrast it with Florida’s bottom-six in 2022.

Reinhart - 20GP 26P
Lundell - 23GP 20P
Hornqvist - 14GP 8P
Vatrano 14GP 5P
Luostarinen - 22GP 4P
Lomberg - 18GP 4P

But sure…

Right, you picked literally the best forward depth team in the league to prove your point. Great job!!

:laugh:

Why dont you show off the Tampa Bay depth players

- Maroon, 10 points in 20 games
- PEB, 8 points in 20 games
- Colton, 6 points in 17 games
- Joseph, 5 points in 20 games
- Katchouk, 1 point in 12 games
- Raddysh, 1 point in 19 games

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiarelli

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd be cool with Clutterbuck, but I don't have the chubby that people around here seem to have for him. He's not the player he was a few years ago but he's still better than everybody in our bottom 6 outside of maybe LOC.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Right, you picked literally the best forward depth team in the league to prove your point. Great job!!

:laugh:

Why dont you show off the Tampa Bay depth players

- Maroon, 10 points in 20 games
- PEB, 8 points in 20 games
- Colton, 6 points in 17 games
- Joseph, 5 points in 20 games
- Katchouk, 1 point in 12 games
- Raddysh, 1 point in 19 games

And you just picked the defending Cup champions who finally ran into salary cap issues. They’re also still outperforming the Avs bottom six.

I legit have no idea how you could argue you don’t care about bottom six production :laugh:

Care to check Tampas cup winning bottom six? I’ll wait

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
At his best sure, but he doesn't have that relentless play like he used to. I have to imagine come playoff time he'd ramp it up though, especially on a team like Colorado.

I'd also be cool with Parise.. :laugh: :popcorn:
Parise as a 13th forward in case shit happens maybe but dude looks done lol. I rather old man Andy Greene

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Whoever they get is an upgrade on MacDermid so Joe almost gets a free pass on that one by setting the bar so goddamn low.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And you just picked the defending Cup champions who finally ran into salary cap issues. They’re also still outperforming the Avs bottom six.

I legit have no idea how you could argue you don’t care about bottom six production :laugh:

Care to check Tampas cup winning bottom six? I’ll wait

2020-21:

- Blake Coleman, 11 points in 23 games
- Yanni Gourde, 7 points in 23 games
- Tyler Johnson, 7 points in 23 games
- Ross Colton, 6 points in 23 games
- Barclary Goodrow, 6 points in 18 games
- Pat Maroon, 4 points in 23 games

Something tells me this didn't go at all like you expected. Perhaps you should do the research next time

Also, why dont we take a look at the last Stanley Cup winning Avalanche team, and that top tier production we got from our bottom 6 that year...

- Shjon Podein, 32 points in 82 games, 5 in 23 playoff games
- Ville Nieminen, 20 points in 50 games, 10 in 23 playoff games
- Dan Hinote, 15 points in 76 games, 6 in 23 playoff games
- Stephan Yelle, 14 point in 50 games, 3 in 23 playoff games
- Dave Reid, 10 points in 73 games, 4 in 18 playoff games
- Steven Reinprecht, 7 points in 21 games, 5 in 22 playoff games

Your argument is only getting worse and worse :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Avaholic29

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Parise as a 13th forward in case shit happens maybe but dude looks done lol. I rather old man Andy Greene

My prediction? We miss out on G, because missing out on the big fish is what we do best, and we add Clutterbuck + Copp. Maybe a depth Dman too.

I'd love to see us do a big move like Giroux + Garland, but Sakic's history & my gut feeling tells me it'll be more like the latter than the former.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Honestly, my prediction? We miss out on G, because missing out on the big fish is what we do best, and we add Clutterbuck + Copp. Maybe a depth Dman too.

I'd love to see us do a big move like Giroux + Garland, but Sakic's history & my gut feeling tells me it'll be more like the latter than the former.
I think so aswell. I said before im going to be upset about missing out on Giroux for 10 minutes and then when the details come out and his cost im going to feel better.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
2020-21:

- Blake Coleman, 11 points in 23 games
- Yanni Gourde, 7 points in 23 games
- Tyler Johnson, 7 points in 23 games
- Ross Colton, 6 points in 23 games
- Barclary Goodrow, 6 points in 18 games
- Pat Maroon, 4 points in 23 games

Something tells me this didn't go at all like you expected. Perhaps you should do the research next time

Also, why dont we take a look at the last Stanley Cup winning Avalanche team, and that top tier production we got from our bottom 6 that year...

- Shjon Podein, 32 points in 82 games, 5 in 23 playoff games
- Ville Nieminen, 20 points in 50 games, 10 in 23 playoff games
- Dan Hinote, 15 points in 76 games, 6 in 23 playoff games
- Stephan Yelle, 14 point in 50 games, 3 in 23 playoff games
- Dave Reid, 10 points in 73 games, 4 in 18 playoff games
- Steven Reinprecht, 7 points in 21 games, 5 in 22 playoff games

Your argument is only getting worse and worse :laugh:

Wait, did you just change the argument to playoff points, where scoring drops? You can’t use it on the same scale as regular season. Imagine having to change an argument because it wasn’t going your way…

How about the Lightning the year before?

Gourde 25GP 14P
Coleman 25GP 13P
Cirelli 25GP 9P
Maroon 25GP 6P
Goodrow 25GP 6P

See, I can cherry pick too! (Btw all scored at a higher rate than the Avs guys are right now in the playoffs where scoring drops)

In any case, the Avs bottom six just isn’t getting it done. I’m not arguing this point further, as the trade deadline should do the job for me in proving it.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wait, did you just change the argument to playoff points, where scoring drops? You can’t use it on the same scale as regular season. Imagine having to change an argument because it wasn’t going your way…

How about the Lightning the year before?

Gourde 25GP 14P
Coleman 25GP 13P
Cirelli 25GP 9P
Maroon 25GP 6P
Goodrow 25GP 6P

See, I can cherry pick too! (Btw all scored at a higher rate than the Avs guys are right now in the playoffs where scoring drops)

In any case, the Avs bottom six just isn’t getting it done. I’m not arguing this point further, as the trade deadline should do the job for me in proving it.

I'm sure they'll make additions. That wont make you right. I just proved you are completely off base. Good time for you to just move on though for sure.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It seems to be the thought that many Avs fans are echoing right now, but you continue acting immature for everyone to see.

I mean.... I didn't say the Avs depth doesn't need improving and I'm literally advocating in this thread that they need at least 1 and possibly 2 forwards at the deadline.

All I did was show you that you're wrong about production being an issue. Especially over the course of the full season so far and not some arbitrary made up number that fits your narrative. They are producing like bottom 6 players are expected to produce.

The issues lie with the fact most of the bottom 6 doesn't offer much when they aren't producing, unlike a guy like Clutterbuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad