Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part 4: Because I don't like Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
If there’s anything bigger than the typical Nemeth/Soderberg type pickup my money is on Giroux.

If they go that route again I'm going to be f***ing pissed. Luckily I'd like to think Sakic learned his lesson after the Nemeth/Soderberg disaster. I expect a big add at the deadline.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
@Buster Dalrymple further to your question in the previous thread, I suppose Chicago would want to acquire a forward who is guaranteed to score 41 goals next season by playing 41 times at the United Center.

I like your idea but I'd think they'd want a draft pick given where they're at (assuming it's really a fire sale).

Edit:

On the other hand, there was a lot of hometown kid sentiment when he was drafted. That year the Blackhawks chose a different Chicago area player (Hartman).

C/RW JT Compher - Michigan, NCAA (2013, 35th, BUF; traded to COL)

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If by the trade deadline Byram still doesn't feel good enough to play, Avs biggest priority will be getting a top 4 d-man. Without Byram and Murray now always hurt, they can't go into the playoffs with MacDermid on defense

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I think we're going to have a problem trading for players like Giroux, Pavelski, Miller, etc. All those teams are gonna ask for Newhook or OO, and I'm pretty sure that is a deal breaker for Sakic. We can offer Barron, but if they insist on a forward prospect being involved, we're screwed.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I think we're going to have a problem trading for players like Giroux, Pavelski, Miller, etc. All those teams are gonna ask for Newhook or OO, and I'm pretty sure that is a deal breaker for Sakic. We can offer Barron, but if they insist on a forward prospect being involved, we're screwed.
Philadelphia, Vancouver, and Dallas all have a lack of good RHD prospects in their system so I don't see why Barron or Helleson wouldn't be of interest for them.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Giroux is my preferred option. Fits this team really well and unlike guys like Hertl will not need a massive deal if he is going to re-sign. A 3-4 year deal after this season would be perfect.

Pass first option for Kadri and Bura who can take faceoffs in the inevitable event of Kadri getting the boot which happens to him constantly. A playoff performer who should still be hungry as he has never won before and who is coming off of a big contract so may be willing to take less to stay in a favourable situation on a contender.

Cost shouldn’t even be too astronomical, I think a deal where Barron is the best piece is possible.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Giroux is my preferred option. Fits this team really well and unlike guys like Hertl will not need a massive deal if he is going to re-sign. A 3-4 year deal after this season would be perfect.

Pass first option for Kadri and Bura who can take faceoffs in the inevitable event of Kadri getting the boot which happens to him constantly. A playoff performer who should still be hungry as he has never won before and who is coming off of a big contract so may be willing to take less to stay in a favourable situation on a contender.

Cost shouldn’t even be too astronomical, I think a deal where Barron is the best piece is possible.
A 3-4 year deal for a guy already 34yo is pretty massive.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
A 3-4 year deal for a guy already 34yo is pretty massive.
Depends on the player, in my opinion Giroux is going to age very well and be a Pavelski like addition to some team without having near the AAV that a guy like Hertl will command.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Jost, Helleson and a 2023 1st for Giroux and Braun.

If Kadri bolts in the offseason then Giroux is a fantastic 2C replacement.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Nichushkin- Kadri- Burakovsky
Newhook- Giroux- O'Connor
MacDermid- Compher- Aube Kubel
Helm

Toews - Makar
Girard - Braun
JJ - EJ
Byram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad