GDT: 2021-22 season WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS game 5 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/10/22 Series tied 2-2

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Dude, he saw the whole thing and had the best view other than Danault and chose "playoff game management" instead of making the right call. Maybe he was looking through them and checking out the hot girl along the glass.
Wtf else would he be looking at? Play was whistled dead 20 feet from him, and the headbutt was a foot away from that.

If he wasn't looking in that direction, or if he's so hyperfocused he could only see the puck, then he is not doing his job.

Anyone defending the ref's inability to pick up on the headbutt is either a contrarian or clueless.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
After changing his game.

See, not too difficult to understand, right?

There is no desire or push to evolve for McDavid. Just excuse after excuse from the player, management, media and fans instead of looking at the reality, which is you don't win without making the right, safe plays when needed.

The OT goal last night was the perfect example. McDavid's line is defending for an entire extended shift, gets a loose puck and instead of dumping it in and getting the exhausted defense a change, they try to make a play at the blueline and all three forwards got beat by one pass and an older, tired player got beat wide.

That was choosing flash over substance and it cost them a pivotal game.

Not nuclear. Just right.

What? Jordan didn’t change his game at all. The Bulls literally became a better team around him, the most notable arrival being Scottie Pippen.

Edit: Jordan received his first all defensive first team selection in 1988, years before he got to the finals. The only changes Jordan went through were age related (sacrificing the explosive verticality of his youth post-1993 primarily).

The Bulls started winning championships because they actually built a good team around him. Period. This is the least controversial take in basketball. They got Pippen, and arguably more importantly, they got Jackson, and they started winning. If anything, Mcdavid’s career is eerily mirroring Jordan’s so far.

Just leave it alone, man. “Mcdavid is the Dominique Wilkins of the NHL” is embarrassing horseshit.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Wtf else would he be looking at? Play was whistled dead 20 feet from him, and the headbutt was a foot away from that.

If he wasn't looking in that direction, or if he's so hyperfocused he could only see the puck, then he is not doing his job.

Anyone defending the ref's inability to pick up on the headbutt is either a contrarian or clueless.

Exactly. There was no call either. That had match penalty all over it, hell even the two handed slash moments before was reckless. But hey, play on boys, right? It was so obvious, the NFL situation room called the NHL's situation room and told them that was a headshot.

Reactions: King'sPawn

iliketherangersalot2

May 15, 2011
Rangers fan in LA
Oh man... why did you have to remind me? I was at that game and had taken a coworker to his first NHL game. I got him into hockey during the 2010 Olympics and he started watching the Kings that season and the following season. I remember when they were up 4-0 he was texting a few friends that were Sharks and Ducks fans bragging about how the Kings were kicking ass etc. I told him you should wait until the game is over. I'll never forget the thousand yard stare on the corner of 11th and Fig after the game. He said something like "What just happened?" I being a long time Kings fan told him "you're now going to realize that the one thing you can always count on the Kings to do is is disappoint you". Of course the following year the Kings won the Cup and the rest is history but what a perfect introduction into KIngs hockey to have that be your first game you attend.
i was there too, it was a crazy experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad