GDT: 2021-22 season WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS game 4 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm Oilers lead 2-1

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FSQMBayWUAI7fVY

Edmonton Oilers (49-27-6, 104pts, 2nd in Pacific)@ Los Angeles Kings(44-27-11, 99pts, 3rd in Pacific)
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West/ TBS RADIO: I Heart Radio App

PLAYOFF STATS

r8f5Drf.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
p2oU412.png

xYfd8Ja.png

rd0cdMx.png

xsk8cxu.png

Scratched: Austin Strand, Tobias Bjornfot, Lias Andersson, Rasmus Kupari, Gabriel Vilardi, Troy Stecher, Viktor Arvidsson
Covid: N/A
Injured: Sean Walker, Drew Doughty

:edmonton

nrEC9Pg.png

ynMUjgJ.png

Injuries: Oskar Klefbom
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Total speculation by me, but I'm pretty sure that Kopi is dealing with an injury. I was at the morning skate just now and he was on the ice for a few minutes, then I noticed one of the Kings athletic trainers walk to the bench and follow him right when he got off.

Or maybe it was just perfect timing 🤣

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Total speculation by me, but I'm pretty sure that Kopi is dealing with an injury. I was at the morning skate just now and he was on the ice for a few minutes, then I noticed one of the Kings athletic trainers walk to the bench and follow him right when he got off.

Or maybe it was just perfect timing 🤣
Maybe riding him for 26 minutes a night is horrid player management, and the guy is just worn the f*** out.

Who knows.

Reactions: The Pale King

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Oilers have been riding high these past couple of games so I can see them letting their foot off of the gas a bit. I think the Kings sneak this one out, 3-2. Also, I am interested to see how Danault does tonight, he has been atrocious these past couple of games, so I'm hoping for a bit of a rebound from him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Just keep AA off the ice.
Go with Byfield, Vilardi and Kupari.
I would leave out Brown and Edler, but that won't happen.
Would rather see Lias Andersson and Moverare, honestly.
Lias had a goal and an assist (waived off Durzi goal) his last 2 shifts.

I'm expecting a 5-2 loss, so that means the Kings will win, 4-3.
Lemieux and Kane go. Lemieux wins.

Reactions: Trash Panda

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
I don't care how many goals edmonton scored on us. Its a 2-1 series, not a 14-2 series. A win tonight ties it. I believe in this team.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The most desperate version of the team has to show up. So many playoff rookies though. Even the scratches are inexperienced. 12 guys that dressed last game have 7 of fewer games in the playoffs, including Friday. Moore got to his 10th game on Friday. AA just cracked a dozen on Friday.

One of, if not the most, inexperienced team in the playoffs. Big test, up and down the lineup.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Last game Kings got killed on zone exits (at both ends of the ice).

But looking back at the Oiler's goals, a lot of them were just the result of bad individual plays by the Kings, or getting out skated, or giving Oilers players space around the net. Basic shit.

The Kings were dopey. They've been that way at home all year. Matt Roy looked high.

Come out and play hard tonight. Play like a team with nothing to lose. I'm tired of this team playing like zombies at home.

Please don't get embarrassed again.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The only hope I have is the Oilers rang up a massive bar tab at the Ritz Carlton yesterday. If McDrai spent the afternoon at the pool they might feel like mailing it in the next couple games.

I’m sure they’d rather go into the battle of Alberta by taking advantage of the SoCal lifestyle in advance. Compared to a week off in Edmonton, it’s a no brainer. If it takes a long series vs LA, so be it.

Reactions: crassbonanza

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Does time to work mean lay on your backs and get reamed up the ass? Because they’ve done a terrific job of doing that in the last two.

It might bring more comfort in bringing up the fact that the Kings are winless at home against Edmonton.

I'm not necessarily surprised about this. I didn't think this team would even make the playoffs.

It's the fact there has been ZERO pushback. Like getting our tooshes clapped 8-2, 7-1 or whatever is what it is. But no emotion. Not even like face washing after the whistle. This team is full of bottoms and soy boys.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Does time to work mean lay on your backs and get reamed up the ass? Because they’ve done a terrific job of doing that in the last two.

It might bring more comfort in bringing up the fact that the Kings are winless at home against Edmonton.

Friday, June 13th, 2014.

I'm not sure the Kings have suffered enough yet to pay for their transgression on that fateful day. They capped off a Cup win that, in all reality, should not have happened that year. The amount of times they should've and could've lost any one of the 4 series they played, boggles the mind. Having to beat the Rangers 3 times in OT on home ice, does not an easy series make. 3 shots away from losing that series 4-1. They meddled with the primal forces of nature, and they have yet to fully atone.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think the Kings should try and make the game boring as f***.

Stay in position. Lock it down. Grind it out. Make it a goaltending duel.

The Kings made some relatively high-risk, low-probability-of-success plays last game.

Edler started off game 3 with a braindead pinch that resulted in a Edmonton 2-on-1 break the other way and their 1st goal. I don't want to see any of that shit tonight.

Kings have also been trying to exit their own zone too early and breakout before they have full possession. They've been caught multiple times doing this. Play more conservatively. Defense first.

And for f*** sake don't give opposing players time and space in front of your own net. Matt Roy was chillin last game. No urgency in trying to cover Oiler's forward around the net.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm looking to Blake Lizotte as a key player today. He's usually a tone setter and the Oilers have completely neutered his effectiveness.

That's game planning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad