GDT: 2021-22 season LA Kings vs Pittsburgh Penguins @10:00AM 1/30/22

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised to see Blake make a big trade for a piece at the deadline for a young impact player with a couple years left. Haven't seen anything about it and have no info, just have a feeling it's going to happen. I think they really want this team making the playoffs this year, have the capital to make a move, and also want to add a piece for the next couple years. Something like the Arvidsson deal but bigger. I have full confidence in Blake making a trade, they've been very solid so far.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised to see Blake make a big trade for a piece at the deadline for a young impact player with a couple years left. Haven't seen anything about it and have no info, just have a feeling it's going to happen. I think they really want this team making the playoffs this year, have the capital to make a move, and also want to add a piece for the next couple years. Something like the Arvidsson deal but bigger. I have full confidence in Blake making a trade, they've been very solid so far.

I get this feeling too. I think odds are it’s Chychrun, but I could see a surprise too.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Blake did a great job in both trades with Toronto, and Bjornfot is still just scratching the surface.

Yeah the Toronto trades were great for the Kings. Unlike many of the players from the Kings cup teams they pulled the plug on Muzzin just in time and got maximum return for him. Durzi emerging really makes that one a big win for the Kings.

Why would they...they miss all the snow and freezing temperatures of Michigan

Hey, it's a nice and toasty 40 here the next couple of days in the Mitten. They can play golf like one of my neighbors is planning on doing Tuesday.

Yep he took Dumbass to the cleaners

On the Muzzin one I would agree. Tough to say Toronto regrets the Campbell one, that was a classic win/win trade for both clubs even if JC was not seen as much more than a throw-in. The Kings had no use for Campbell and needed a guy like Moore, and JC has been really strong for the Leafs. Clifford was actually another guy the Kings dumped just in time before the wheels came off, can't believe we got Moore back for him.

At 5 on 5, the Kings are right up there with teams like Tampa, Vegas, Toronto and St. Louis.

The difference? The Kings don't have functioning special teams which is holding them back.

The Kings are currently giving up 1.56 goals per game 5 on 5. That's 2nd best in the entire NHL.

The King's PP is worse than you think. When you factor in short handed goals given up, their net PP% is actually 11.7% which is PATHETIC.

And after today's terrible PK performance, the Kings PK% has dropped down to 73.2% 28th in the NHL.

When the Kings score 3 goals in regulation they are really tough to beat 17-4. For comparison the Ducks are 16-10, Vegas is 21-8, SJ is 12-6. This team is one 35 goal-scorer away from being a contender.

Soooooo.. Kyle Connor?? Or UFA
Filip Forsberg
Johnny Gaudreau
Ondrej Palat
Claude Giroux
Andre Burakovsky
Hell, Joe Pavelski

They would all be great, but all of them other than Giroux are on playoff contenders. If Dallas were to say go 2-6-2 over their next 10, then maybe we take a look at a guy like Pavelski. He would be a dream for the Kings, he can play center or wing, is responsible defensively (for those obsessed with that type of stuff) and he is on pace for close to 40 goals and 100 points. He is a guy I've really come to admire, doing what he is doing at his age is pretty incredible. Plus he's on an expiring contract. Giroux has many of the same qualities and would be a nice fit too on an expiring contract.

I like where you put Brown thats where he belongs. The optics of Kempe on the 3rd line will never fly (as our best player) .. but if you treat 2nd and 3rd like 2a and 2b in terms of playing time.. that would work for me. I like giving Kaliyev a differnt look now. He's done his time in the rock quary.

The Kings really don't have that many 1st line players so it's more like they run a top 9 anyways. Kempe would still be on the #1 PP and out there in offensive situations.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Guess Ill do this one more time for good measure.

You can throw a rookie on the third line one piano, but not two.

Look at how absurd QB's numbers are without these clowns, then look at how much he elevates Brown. Then look what happens when you add oil to the water.

Blaming Byfield for having a bad game next to these guys is like blaming a car for crashing itself with two flat tires.

All three are going to continue to have bad games going forward and it won't be because of QB's ability or readiness, it's because it's an absolutely stupid mix that anyone could have seen coming, rookie learning on the job next to one of the biggest liabilities in the league and guy who will get a Kings statue but actually currently is a Kings' statue.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
upload_2022-1-31_0-0-28.png

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I tuned in at the end of the second period.

I had to witness several shots from the boards like we didnt want to score a 4th goal. On top of that two Penguins goals...a lucky shot and unfortunate bounce from Doughty's skate.

I quit watching and we scored the 4-3.

What a night.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Can't believe some on here are still calling Moore a tweener. After a very slow start he is heating up and looking like a very good middle 6 player. Any contender would love to have him in the bottom 6 for his cap hit. He's a swiss army knife that can play in any situation and on some nights provides unexpected offence. Sure he is not a full time top 6 but we can't dismiss the fact that he is making the most of this opportunity to play a more offensive role. A season with a dozen or so goals and ~40pts at 26 is no tweener.

Keep the tweener tag to players like Leipsic, Amadio, Andersson, Wagner, Fratten....please.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Can't believe some on here are still calling Moore a tweener. After a very slow start he is heating up and looking like a very good middle 6 player. Any contender would love to have him in the bottom 6 for his cap hit. He's a swiss army knife that can play in any situation and on some nights provides unexpected offence. Sure he is not a full time top 6 but we can't dismiss the fact that he is making the most of this opportunity to play a more offensive role. A season with a dozen or so goals and ~40pts at 26 is no tweener.

Keep the tweener tag to players like Leipsic, Amadio, Andersson, Wagner, Fratten....please.

You literally just described a tweener.......using a description of Moore.....

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
You literally just described a tweener.......using a description of Moore.....

you have no clue....put Moore on waivers and 31 teams would make a bid. You think every player or prospect should be a PPG first liner??

Role players are not tweeners, u think Stoll was a tweener?? Character guys who play a role help win cups....crazy concept I know.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
you have no clue....put Moore on waivers and 31 teams would make a bid. You think every player or prospect should be a PPG first liner??

Role players are not tweeners, u think Stoll was a tweener?? Character guys who play a role help win cups....crazy concept I know.

Well, if you aren't top 6....which is what you said.....and sometimes you play top 6.....and bottom six....which is what you said.....

What does that make you.....BETWEEN...or TWEENER....right?

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
Well, if you aren't top 6....which is what you said.....and sometimes you play top 6.....and bottom six....which is what you said.....

What does that make you.....BETWEEN...or TWEENER....right?

Stoll was a 2C then fell back to 3C. Thanks for categorizing Stoll as a tweener. Moore's future role will be a 3rd line winger, the fact that his is heating up in a top 6 role does not make him a tweener. I guess when Danault is our 3C he is a tweener too...lol ridiculous.

Tweener: Guys who aren't good enough to play in the top-six and don't have the grit/skillset to play on the bottom lines.

Examples: Leipsic, Amadio, Andersson, Wagner, Fratten..

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Stoll was a 2C then fell back to 3C. Thanks for categorizing Stoll as a tweener. Moore's future role will be a 3rd line winger, the fact that his is heating up in a top 6 role does not make him a tweener. I guess when Danault is our 3C he is a tweener too...lol ridiculous.

That's literally the goddamn definition of the word, when you are BETWEN something.....I mean shit....are you serious?

First of all, show me ONE person who said Moore shouldn't be in the NHL? Just one...please,

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I thought a tweener was someone caught between the NHL and lower leagues (whether it be AHL or Europe, ie Hudson Fasching, Tomas Hyka)

They are, it's also between lines, not quite top 6, but very good bottom 6, ala..Moore....which is exactly what he is describing,

He's taking an argument that NO ONE has made, (ie, that Moore shouldn't be in the NHL) and using his status as a top six vs bottom six, to argue against a made up argument.....then saying he's not a tweener.....by defining him...as a tweener.

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I thought a tweener was someone caught between the NHL and lower leagues (whether it be AHL or Europe, ie Hudson Fasching, Tomas Hyka)

I didn't want to hurt his feelings with the proper definition. But "NHL tweener" according to some folks on here can classify about 200 players...lol

It should be: Guys who aren't good enough to play in the top-six and don't have the grit/skillset to play on the bottom lines. Kinda stuck in no mans land like some posters on here.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I didn't want to hurt his feelings with the proper definition. But "NHL tweener" according to some folks on here can classify about 200 players...lol

It should be: Guys who aren't good enough to play in the top-six and don't have the grit/skillset to play on the bottom lines. Kinda stuck in no mans land like some posters on here.

Which is how the f*** I was using it....and you didn't get it then, and think you don't get it now....

EDIT: I see....your definition is a bit f***ed......there's the disagreement, that's not a tweener, if you cant play in the top six, and you cant play in the bottom six....you aren't a TWEENER you aren't...stuck in between anything.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Interesting numbers for Moore. Basically, the 3rd line is the line of death for your numbers. Is it deployment? Is it the role that TMc demands from it? Is it the personnel on it? You decide.

NumTime%PlayersGFGA+/-SFSASF%CFCACF%
1177:3630.8PHILLIP DANAULT - VIKTOR ARVIDSSON - TREVOR MOORE122101297563.222714860.5
285:3214.8TREVOR MOORE - CARL GRUNDSTROM - RASMUS KUPARI211334741.3578540.1
330:125.2TREVOR MOORE - ARTHUR KALIYEV - RASMUS KUPARI10118675.0352162.5
429:335.1LIAS ANDERSSON - TREVOR MOORE - RASMUS KUPARI12-1232053.5303347.6
524:274.2BRENDAN LEMIEUX - TREVOR MOORE - BLAKE LIZOTTE10113572.2291369.0
618:153.2DUSTIN BROWN - TREVOR MOORE - RASMUS KUPARI01-161037.571630.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Missed the game, but watched the high lights. Great pass by Moverare. How was the rest of the game for him? From previous views, he appears to be a very heady player.

I didn't want this post to get missed. I have been a big fan of Moverare and think he has definitely been flying under the radar a bit, especially with Durzi coming up. Moverare was a huge stablizing force for Ontario this season.

Moverare had 24 shifts for 19 minutes of icetime, was a +2 and had that awesome assist. Too small of a sample size, but didn't look out of place at all. In fact, I would love to see him stick with the team.

Do we really *NEED* Chychrun? I think most of us can argue that we want a more physical presence on the left side of the blue line, but hopefully that can be Edler if by some reason he is able to get back later in the season. I hate how they don't really give injury updates any more.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad