GDT: 2021-22 season game 78 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 4/19/22

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I'm going to miss Quick so much when he retires. His combination of ability, athleticism, and compete have always been next level.

I think one of the memories I will miss the most is the 2014 series against The Sharks. Quick was getting light up x 1000 in the first 3 games but his mental toughness and leadership led the team to come back from the dead.

As I recall he was also getting run all series by Rafi f***ing Torres and POS Mike Brown but Quick just doesn't take any shit out there. What a f***ing warrior.

One for the record books.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I like Kaliyev a lot but the skating is obviously a concern in the present and in the future when it comes to 5 on 5. If the Kings use him on the PP he is going to score goals because he has a lethal shot. Not a bad floor to have, but whether he becomes an all around high-end scorer comes down to whether he can be a top 6 forward.

Edit, as far as lineup changes. What more can they do? The guys that got scratched were really struggling too. I mean if you put in QB and sit Lemieux you lose toughness while replacing one non-producer with another.
Brown after 2 solid games has turned Brown again which I was expecting. QB and Vilardi are so unproductive Id look at Grunstrum to replace Brown but we all know that wont happen. I would hesitate to sub him in for Lemieux. I like having him around to handle any bullshit since the team is so soft - need to protect our goalie and skill players.. hopefully he can skate himself back into form.. so I guess im saying leave it as is unless you can come up with a way to swap out 23.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

RonM11

Nov 2, 2021
Brea, California
Quick was unbelievable.

So was Edler, but for all the wrong reasons. Dude must think he's still on Vancouver.

Both Kopitar and Kempe got robbed early on by Gibson.

Kings are likely headed to the playoffs and Edmonton in the first round. If they don't want to get swept there, they better find some goal scorers. Fast.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I like Kaliyev a lot but the skating is obviously a concern in the present and in the future when it comes to 5 on 5. If the Kings use him on the PP he is going to score goals because he has a lethal shot. Not a bad floor to have, but whether he becomes an all around high-end scorer comes down to whether he can be a top 6 forward.

Edit, as far as lineup changes. What more can they do? The guys that got scratched were really struggling too. I mean if you put in QB and sit Lemieux you lose toughness while replacing one non-producer with another.
i think he's developed enough skill on the boards to make up for the lack of footspeed

it's kinda wild to think he's the guy winning board battles left and right while the rest of the team (minus danault's line) flounders there

that decisive stride or two he made for the wraparound the other night was a big moment for him imo, he's the guy i see developing on a day to day basis

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If that's the last game I ever get to see Quick play live, it was well worth it. f***in force field showed up just in time.

having a good laugh at the Ducks fan complaining about the kings defensive system, there were a good 5 minutes even the Ducks fans themselves were booing because the Ducks wouldn't even cross the red line on the forecheck, they literally stacked 5 between their blue and red and waited for at least one rotation thru the lineup.

I don't care how they keep getting points as long as they keep getting them at this point. They found a way to win and it's a way they haven't had an opportunity to channel often this season. A goalie steal is as rare as a hat trick for the Kings this year.

I could go on about the usual complaints...but the truth is at this point it doesn't matter. TM isn't going to change a god damn thing, we're in house money territory, time to just sit back and enjoy the ride with three lines of vets and a 4th line he doesn't want to play. Might be the last 4-11 games we get to see some of these names in a Kings sweater, so just pray they go out with dignity and with a good battle

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Unfortunately it seems that every player who was injured and was gone for a prolonged amount of time has not looked nearly as good when they've returned. Roy, Edler, Pepe for example. I guess that's to be expected but obviously the timing is terrible. But better that they return and try and shake that rust off with limited games left than not return at all. Hopefully there are enough games left that they can return to form while scratching out enough wins to get into the playoffs.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020

@Herby Did you see that one shift in the 3rd when Kaliyev played with 11 & 9 for a shift? That line looked more like a 1st line in the o-zone than the first line has looked for many games.
I do not understand this team's non-use for a true sniper when they are so desperate for goals.

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Edler and Kopitar look like last generation androids who are only good for spare parts for outer planet service bots.

The other thing Kopi reminds me of is one of those walking trees from LOTR.

Durzi reminds me of Randy Jones.

Lemieux looks like he's playing with zero enthusiasm. Better off with Grundstrom

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Edler and Kopitar look like last generation androids who are only good for spare parts for outer planet service bots.

The other thing Kopi reminds me of is one of those walking trees from LOTR.

Durzi reminds me of Randy Jones.

Lemieux looks like he's playing with zero enthusiasm. Better off with Grundstrom
Did Sol switch accounts?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I would be surprised if we saw Lemieux next game.....just utter garbage last night, lazy, half efforts.....

yeah, he's been really bad since his return. The entire 4th line was pretty trashy too. Kupari is just not an nhl center. I only noticed him taking a penalty, and giving up a scoring chance. Put Valardi or Byfield there instead.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
yeah, he's been really bad since his return. The entire 4th line was pretty trashy too. Kupari is just not an nhl center. I only noticed him taking a penalty, and giving up a scoring chance. Put Valardi or Byfield there instead.

I love love love, what Kupari brings, his speed, he drives the net, he just has to do it continually, and take care of the puck, I think he will be a pretty decent top 9.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
He was. The "A" was " ripped from Iafollo" and given to Danault. Kopitar-Brown-Danault are the captain now.
Well, one good choice outta three is better than zero.

Gotta let Brown ride off into the sunset with his letter, I suppose.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I always had a theory that when a goal is challenged and the call is reversed so it now count for your team, you won't be getting anymore calls the rest of the game. The 3rd period proved my theory. Here's everyones goldenboy Zegras with an open ice pick on Edlars. Moments before he hooked Durzi at the blueline entering the zone. There were 3 penalties on that one shift that were ignored. But hey, "game management" right?

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 5.09.13 AM.png

Reactions: cyclones22

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I love love love, what Kupari brings, his speed, he drives the net, he just has to do it continually, and take care of the puck, I think he will be a pretty decent top 9.

For what team? He has shown none of that when at center [ or at least more than a few times]. His best games have been on the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad