GDT: 2021-22 season game 75 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @5:30pm 4/12/22

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Then why the hell are you still following the team? Serious question here,

Team players have career years...- you...yea they still suck, are you auditioning for the part of a fan in Major League 3000?
I live in SoCal, and I grew up with the Kings. I had season tickets for over a decade. I’ve spent time and money, which is known as skin in the game.

I don’t believe someone who doesn’t live here or spend money on the team to understand why those who do want and expect the best. You’re just a guy yelling from the cheap seats who got a free ticket to the game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did what they had to do, not gonna over analyze this one. Like the line setup on paper at least. And glad Brown looked refreshed...almost as if he's an older guy and needed his minutes managed like a few of us have been asking for all year or something...

Get a point tonight against Colorado and stay afloat

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I live in SoCal, and I grew up with the Kings. I had season tickets for over a decade. I’ve spent time and money, which is known as skin in the game.

I don’t believe someone who doesn’t live here or spend money on the team to understand why those who do want and expect the best. You’re just a guy yelling from the cheap seats who got a free ticket to the game.

LOL and yet...THEY GAVE YOU THEIR BEST...SHIT...YOU EVEN SAID IT.....THEY HAD CAREER YEARS.....

And you are still....shitting all over them.....f*** what kind of mentality that must take....WE DEMAND YOUR BEST.....omg we got your best.....DOESNT MATTER YOU STILL f***ING SUCK.....

Reactions: mbar

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Did what they had to do, not gonna over analyze this one. Like the line setup on paper at least. And glad Brown looked refreshed...almost as if he's an older guy and needed his minutes managed like a few of us have been asking for all year or something...

Get a point tonight against Colorado and stay afloat

Be intersting who they play in net tonight.....

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
LOL and yet...THEY GAVE YOU THEIR BEST...SHIT...YOU EVEN SAID IT.....THEY HAD CAREER YEARS.....

And you are still....shitting all over them.....f*** what kind of mentality that must take....WE DEMAND YOUR BEST.....omg we got your best.....DOESNT MATTER YOU STILL f***ING SUCK.....

I wouldn’t expect someone who lives in an economic backwater to understand that LA is a city of championship sports teams. And while a lot of Kings fans are perfectly happy playing sixth fiddle there still some who expect more.

Reactions: KINGS17

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I wouldn’t expect someone who lives in an economic backwater to understand that LA is a city of championship sports teams. And while a lot of Kings fans are perfectly happy playing sixth fiddle there still some who expect more.
This is so true....and why it's not acceptable to have a popcornopolis offense, where there are ZERO Kings
on the entire first page of leading scorers. You have to click page 2, to find Kopitar at 56th! And to find the next highest scoring King, well...you must click page 3, to find Kempe at 112th. ! A travesty. This should not be acceptable. If you can win tons of 3-2 games and make the playoffs, fine. But most people want to see the stuff McDavid, Matthews, Kaprizov, Panarin have and LA's answer to that is Adrian Kempe. Now is the time to get at least a Filip Forsberg and a Jakob Chychrun.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Again....THEY HAD f***ING CAREER YEARS.....what MORE do you want from them?

You realize I grew up in LA and spent nearly 30 years there...right? Oh shit, I wouldn't expect someone who has never laced on a pair of skates to know what the f*** they are talking about......is that the argument you want to go with? Because too many times I've been told that's a bullshit argument....so either it is......and you are making a bullshit argument.....or it's not......and you are making a sustainable argument and everyone else had it wrong....

But basically your argument comes down, when they win, I love them , we are all best pals, and when we lose, they are f***ing bums I don't like them......that's your argument?

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Thought Brown had a great game. I've been really down on Brown for the majority of this season, so I need to acknowledge when he has a solid game. I hope to see more games like that from Brown the remainder of the season.
Great to see them get 2 there. Hope they can elevate their game against Col and get some points.
Need to have at least a solid game from the goalie. Neither have played particularly well over the last stretch of games.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This is so true....and why it's not acceptable to have a popcornopolis offense, where there are ZERO Kings
on the entire first page of leading scorers. You have to click page 2, to find Kopitar at 56th! And to find the next highest scoring King, well...you must click page 3, to find Kempe at 112th. ! A travesty. This should not be acceptable. If you can win tons of 3-2 games and make the playoffs, fine. But most people want to see the stuff McDavid, Matthews, Kaprizov, Panarin have and LA's answer to that is Adrian Kempe. Now is the time to get at least a Filip Forsberg and a Jakob Chychrun.

LMAO the guy says LA is a city of champions.....and you come out and say people wanna see....a bunch of f***ing people that haven't won shit......

f***ing hilarious.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kane too ?

He is well above the PPG and one year left.
Has Chicago won jack with Kane and Toews on those deals? Why isn't Kane playing playoff hockey this season, and why doesn't Chicago have the benefits that would be garnered by moving him out of there?

It's just foolish.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Couldn’t help but wonder how many here were reaching for the Jergens when they announced Kaliyev on the 1st line…

Unfortunately, thought his performance was a bit underwhelming though…prob Kopitar’s fault.

On the flip side, who woulda thunk that Brown and Iafallo would team up on arguably the best line of the night? Lizotte is money…

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Has Chicago won jack with Kane and Toews on those deals? Why isn't Kane playing playoff hockey this season, and why doesn't Chicago have the benefits that would be garnered by moving him out of there?

It's just foolish.
In hindsight everything is so simple, yes.

They aren’t playing playoff hockey this season due what we have seen last night. They were playing playoff hockey in 2016, 2017 & 2020.

No Chicago should have let them become free agents after another championship. That is what they should have done.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Thought Brown had a great game. I've been really down on Brown for the majority of this season, so I need to acknowledge when he has a solid game. I hope to see more games like that from Brown the remainder of the season.
Great to see them get 2 there. Hope they can elevate their game against Col and get some points.
good positive post!

Was thinking before the game that whenever Brown has been threatened to not be apart of this team he steps up. Also he has always stepped up in the playoffs. It is only one game, but nice to see him stepping up last night.
I hate to give TMac credit but i liked the bottom 6 as well.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I don't think you need to live there to have skin in the game.
I wish I was local to see all the game you have. Me I have done so many Calgary Edmonton back to backs. Shelling out for expensive tickets and gas to get me to and from. Some times hotel as well. I have over 30 jerseys that are not knock offs. Have a whole basement of signed pictures, and cup plagues and what not (have some of the net from 2012 in a Dustin brown frame, and a sliver of a puck from 2014, shit like that).
Point is there is other ways than being local to have some "skin in the game". Sometimes it is hard taking shit from Coiler and Flame's fans, but I would not cheer for anyone else. Friggin Yanic Perreault cursed me.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

It was literally his best game of the season. Who woulda thought. I actually like the look of that fourth line, assuming Brown and Iafallo don't get a promotion (or demotion?) to Kopitar's line. Kempe / Lizotte / Kaliyev would actually be pretty fun.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
Was at the game in Chicago last night. A few observations:

--Wow, what this great rivalry has devolved into. Kinda sad. Tons of empty seats at UC, no energy/urgency. Although they still play that stupid annoying Kelsey Grammer goal song (that's what I've always called it).

--Dustin Brown had a heckuva game, even aside from the two assists (12:37 TOI). I wish I knew a hockey board that suggested for months he would do much better with between game and in-game rest...

--Lizotte is very important to this team for his energy and his play, as many posters have pointed out. You can feel the difference.

--Kane is still always dangerous. He continues to be an offensive magician. He has few finishers and still has 60 assists on a bad team. I even actually saw him backcheck a few times.

--A completely different feel and look for line #1 with two legitimate goal scorers on the wings. (I say this objectively, controlling for my being a Kaliyev homer.) Really fun having two goal scorers playing with your #1 assist center.

--Quick makes me so nervous, esp watching live. His flopping all over, he was fortunate twice they missed a pretty open net. But JQ has gotten away with this stuff his entire HOF career.

--Trevor Moore is really fun to watch at all times live, esp on PK. Very nice to have a SH threat on the Kings.

--PK was very good, much improved overall even accounting for the competition.

--I was excited in the 3rd when TMac put out PP2 early on a PP.....but, pulled them at the first whistle. Let 'em play, Todd. You can feel they will convert and would help all their confidence.

--Kid line struggled at times but had a couple good scoring chances. Hard to believe 13 has zero assists on the year.

--Jordan Spence is good.

--A must win was achieved and the game was actually a lot of fun to watch.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
where's all the gloom and doomers tonight?? I know, saving your energy for tomorrow.

I'm calling it now, 90+ point season without your #1 dman for half of it...nice job Blake/TM.
I don't think most people here are saying that this hasn't been a relatively successful season. At the end of the day, it's looking like it'll be a 20+ point improvement over last season's team, which is obviously a huge deal.

But failing to make the playoffs this season, given the position we were in just a couple weeks ago, would be a failure. It's not like we've been scratching and clawing all season to hurdle the teams just in front of us. We had a huge advantage and we've let that waste away. The context of this failure is important. Yes, injuries are a major cause, but not the only cause. That's where the "gloom and doomers" are coming from. I think you know that.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020

It's just foolish.
Because the Blackhawks could never fully decide if they should go for it or rebuild so they played both sides and, as expected, lost in both directions. Their prospect pool sucks and they have nothing to show for it.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving team that has operated on the outskirts of NHL legality re: cap. The Kane rule, continual LTIR their bad contracts.

I call Vegas Chicago-lite because of their constant manipulation of the cap rules...how they are pulling off having seven players on LTIR I'll never know. (or we do know....Vegas is never allowed to suffer the full consequences of their greed and stupidity...like the Hawks.)

Reactions: KINGS17

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Hard to believe 13 has zero assists on the year.

Right? I don't think there's a player on this team that would benefit more from playing with a guy who can finish than Vilardi. Some of the plays he makes to set up Byfield and Kupari are really, really good, and the shots just don't go in. It's really fun watching him make plays and slow down the game in the offensive zone. What I see and what translates on the score sheet are almost impossibly disparate. It's crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad