F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Iafallo since the end of January

20GP
0G
3A
3P

0 PP Points while spending the entire time on the #1 PP Unit.

The teams record in that time is 12-6-2

In that same time frame the "#2 LW" Trevor Moore has

20GP
6G
12A
18P
+8

0 PP points
3 SHG

Moore has as many SHG in the last 8 weeks as Iafallo has total points. It's almost unbelievable at this point how Iafallo is still deployed the way he is (1st line, #1 PP unit, OT). Never thought we'd see anything like the Richards 2014 situation again but this has easily sailed by it in the completely baffling category about 3-4 weeks ago, Richards had already been relegated to the 4th line by this time, and he may have even been playing better than Iafallo.

I really don't think Iafallo is one of the Kings 12 best options at forward right now. This is one of the worst in-season collapses by a player I can ever remember for as long as I've been a fan.
He deserves a demotion without question. A lot of things should happen that arent - like Danault line should get the top defensive matchup not Kopi's. Kaliyev should not be on the 4th line - he needs more minutes - he produces. These are obvious things.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Iafallo since the end of January

20GP
0G
3A
3P

0 PP Points while spending the entire time on the #1 PP Unit.

2 of his 3 assists in that time came on empty net goals.

The teams record in that time is 12-6-2

In that same time frame the "#2 LW" Trevor Moore has

20GP
6G
12A
18P
+8

0 PP points
3 SHG

Moore has as many SHG in the last 8 weeks as Iafallo has total points. It's almost unbelievable at this point how Iafallo is still deployed the way he is (1st line, #1 PP unit, OT). Never thought we'd see anything like the Richards 2014 situation again but this has easily sailed by it in the completely baffling category about 3-4 weeks ago, Richards had already been relegated to the 4th line by this time, and he may have even been playing better than Iafallo.

I really don't think Iafallo is one of the Kings 12 best options at forward right now. This is one of the worst in-season collapses by a player I can ever remember for as long as I've been a fan.
His whole entire career from the beginning he's been thrown into first line duties because no one's been able to step up. I've never been a big fan of his in regards to him continuously being placed on the first and second line when we all know he's a third liner at best. I wouldn't have an issue with Iafaillo if he was moved off the top two lines where he doesn't belong, but f**ken Todd continuously places him in the lineup where it's obvious he has no business being in. As mentioned many times Todd did the same sh*t with Amadios and it's not going to change with this f**ken coach. Only thing I'm afraid is the next coach will do the same damn thing.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Least we have Kings Talk and people on the cliff.
I'm angry. Wish someone in the organization was angry. Getting a feeling that the Kings are in a large part where they are in the standings because of bad seasons from Oilers, Knights & Canucks.
You do realize Blake is now just starting to evaluate propects due to all these injuries? Blake's job is secured by ownership and so is Todds.Their still building this team the right way not by panic impulses.Kings are not a serious contender by any means. The next two years I would agree that things need to change and Kings need to be a serious contender no later than in three years.
Kings lost to a bad team. Kings got pushed around by a bad & not physically intimidating team. Hawks just put 3 guys in the Kings crease multiple times & no one got cleared out. I'm not asking for a contender. Just not an embarrassment.

Dominated for stretches & can't bury a shot & put the team away. PK scoring might start to out pace the PP. Lucky to get out of OT. Not one shot on goal in the shootout.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Delia GAA 6.44, SV% 0.75
In 2 games played.
Embarrassing

Blake: We got stetcher for a 7th. Couldn't add a D that weighs over 200 pounds that likes punching people in the face & can clear the crease for a 4th or 5th round pick? Sorry Quick. Teams going to see the tape from tonight & crash the crease.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I'm angry. Wish someone in the organization was angry. Getting a feeling that the Kings are in a large part where they are in the standings because of bad seasons from Oilers, Knights & Canucks.

Kings lost to a bad team. Kings got pushed around by a bad & not physically intimidating team. Hawks just put 3 guys in the Kings crease multiple times & no one got cleared out. I'm not asking for a contender. Just not an embarrassment.

Dominated for stretches & can't bury a shot & put the team away. PK scoring might start to out pace the PP. Lucky to get out of OT. Not one shot on goal in the shootout.

We also playing at a 98 point pace this season so maybe it’s not because the other teams are crappy.

This team as flawed as it is has found ways to win. Take out the horrid start to the season and we have been a top 10 team. Does it need some tweaks, yes it does but we are heading in the right direction.

We are missing our starting right side Defence and 2/3 the left. Team could have just quit but they are still clawing to stay afloat.

At this point it is the year by year growth and we have seen a lot of growth. Pick up a few pieces this off season and hopefully take another step forward.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

It's almost like.....bad teams, can have good nights or something.....

Philly beats St Louis, Ottawa beats Winnipeg, Buffalo beats Pittsburgh, Vancouver beats Colorado, NJ beats NYR, I can go on and and and on like this....

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
First off, the espn plus app sucks! Every time they came back for commercial the voice was fine, but the action was super jittery, slow and kept buffering. So to fix this you had to go back to the main page, then start the game back over again, there was no ability to pick up where you left off.:mad:

As for the game, you sort of expected this, did you not? It's been there the entire year. Playing below the competition, against a inexperience goalie [ 28 nhl minutes total] rebound problems all over the place, super shakey 1st, yet nobody jumped on him and all the pucks lying around the crease. The Hawks were asking to be blown out, really they were. Who in gods name told everybody to shoot high btw? It was an epidemic throughout the game. Yet all our goals were score around the paint and below the pads, and yet they still did it. Kupari had a pretty bad game, on both sides of the puck [open shot to pick the corner and he aims 4 feet wide and the 5th row], and that line was really ineffective. We were lucky to get a point. Loved Durzi tonight, even if he did get that bs trip/kneeing call.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Even better teams than LA lose against bottom feeders.

This happens to EVERYONE.

If we are only winning from non playoffs teams than people whine again we are not good enough.

This is getting so frustrating to read.

A few days ago the Avs lost against the Canucks.

This happens.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Even better teams than LA lose against bottom feeders.

This happens to EVERYONE.

If we are only winning from non playoffs teams than people whine again we are not good enough.

This is getting so frustrating to read.

A few days ago the Avs lost against the Canucks.

This happens.
It's the losing to a bad team after dominating & not scoring. Kings have been doing this for a while now.

Getting pushed around by a small & soft team. Lemieux, the enforcer, is out. Nothing to be done.

Other team starts building momentum & coach just sits there. Get a few faceoffs? Slow down game? Chip puck into the bench? Timeout? Anything? Nope. This behavior is not shocking form reverse sweep Todd.

Playoffs, really the only reason the Kings are hanging on is because of bad years from most of the Pacific. Afraid this will confirm to Blake a false sense of the level of success.

If we go off how Brown was handed expect Kopi back as the "1C" next year. Probably means that we're counting on Kempe putting up 30 again.

Hot goalie, 6.44 GAA. He was due. Loser points! So we still win! On to the next one!

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Chychrun! Thank the heavens AZ asked too much. The last thing this team needs is Blake to blow a ton of assets on a D that can't D.

Starting to question Blake's abilities as a gm for not being able to identify & address issues.

Reactions: GameNight

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It's the losing to a bad team after dominating & not scoring. Kings have been doing this for a while now.

Getting pushed around by a small & soft team. Lemieux, the enforcer, is out. Nothing to be done.

Other team starts building momentum & coach just sits there. Get a few faceoffs? Slow down game? Chip puck into the bench? Timeout? Anything? Nope. This behavior is not shocking form reverse sweep Todd.

Playoffs, really the only reason the Kings are hanging on is because of bad years from most of the Pacific. Afraid this will confirm to Blake a false sense of the level of success.

If we go off how Brown was handed expect Kopi back as the "1C" next year. Probably means that we're counting on Kempe putting up 30 again.

Hot goalie, 6.44 GAA. He was due. Loser points! So we still win! On to the next one!
How have the Kings been doing this for a while?

The only bad team that has beaten the Kings in regulation is the Sharks, who are a division rival who have gotten up for us since we humiliated them in 2014.

Here are some results to check out. Other than the Sharks, the only other bad teams the Kings had lost to this season are:

Philadelphia in OT on 1/29.
Anaheim on 11/30 in SO
Arizona on 11/21 in OT.

Notice none of those are in regulation. Whatever you may be perceiving doesn't match up with what is actually happening.

There isn't an instance this year where they've flat out lost to a bad team after dominating. In the regulation losses to the Sharks, they got shelled.

The reason the Kings are hanging on to their playoff spot isn't because of the crappy Pacific teams, it's because they're hovering around a .600 point percentage.

They weren't pushed around last night, Chicago didn't exert any force of will and rarely hit anyone. Did you miss the Nashville game where they were ridiculously physical against one of the tougher teams in the league? We could use more toughness, but it's not that bad.

The rest of it is just anger and hyperbole. You are upset about very minor things, my friend. When you roll out a really young team like this you get inconsistency, they don't know how to bring their A-game every night. It's incredible that they are still getting points. Nearly the entire D core has been out for a while and they are still playing over .500. That's fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad