GDT: 2021-22 season game 65 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @7:30pm 3/22/22

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Honestly, Iafallo played his best games with Danault this year. If he continues to slump, I'd go

Arviddsson Kopitar Kempe

Moore Danault Iafallo

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Honestly, Iafallo played his best games with Danault this year. If he continues to slump, I'd go

Arviddsson Kopitar Kempe

Moore Danault Iafallo

This is a great idea. As good as the Moore-Danault-Ardverson line was, Moore/Danault work well together, and could help out Iafallo. Bump up Arvy to the first line and see if he can help Kempe/Kopitar.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't like Arvidson and Kempe together.
I have been banging the drum for Spence for a while (than again I like Phillips too). I am glad he is doing well so far.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The obvious and most exciting thing last night was the Byfield line. I know I bring up the hit stat a lot and, yes, I know it is somewhat subjective (Byfield should have been credited with at least one last night) but I really look at it as an effort stat. It isn't perfect but it helps tell me if someone is getting their nose dirty. Thought all three guys on the line did that last night and, lo and behold, the results were infinitely better. Kupari, especially, was something else.

Talking more rookies...Kaliyev was awesome save for one bad turn over in his own zone. What a shot on the goal and that goal scorer's mentality of his really showed as he was firing at the net nonstop. Is there a better play sometimes? Maybe, but please keep firing if your shot is as good as his.

Nobody ever hits on every top pick during one of these rebuilds. For every Doughty, there is a Hickey or Teubert. For every Kane/Toews, there is a Barker/Beach. These later, more unheralded picks really can push things over the top. Jordan Spence looks like a guy that will help cover up any potential sins of missing in the first round. Immediately comfortable out there. Really exciting. Having a mobile defense and guys that can make great break out passes will make these forwards look better.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Any word on Danault? I know he played after taking that shot off the foot/ankle, but other guys have played shifts after getting injured and they went on IR. Hope it's nothing, obviously.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The obvious and most exciting thing last night was the Byfield line. I know I bring up the hit stat a lot and, yes, I know it is somewhat subjective (Byfield should have been credited with at least one last night) but I really look at it as an effort stat. It isn't perfect but it helps tell me if someone is getting their nose dirty. Thought all three guys on the line did that last night and, lo and behold, the results were infinitely better. Kupari, especially, was something else.

Talking more rookies...Kaliyev was awesome save for one bad turn over in his own zone. What a shot on the goal and that goal scorer's mentality of his really showed as he was firing at the net nonstop. Is there a better play sometimes? Maybe, but please keep firing if your shot is as good as his.

Nobody ever hits on every top pick during one of these rebuilds. For every Doughty, there is a Hickey or Teubert. For every Kane/Toews, there is a Barker/Beach. These later, more unheralded picks really can push things over the top. Jordan Spence looks like a guy that will help cover up any potential sins of missing in the first round. Immediately comfortable out there. Really exciting. Having a mobile defense and guys that can make great break out passes will make these forwards look better.
Indeed. Kupari was a f***ing beast last night

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sorry to ruin the high from last night, but what the hell happens when Brown is ready???

200.gif

A few games ago, I questioned Vilardi being on that line, tonight....no question, they were excellent, best game they've had together since being together. Now they
just have to pull it together consistency wise....

I agree, yet I have a hard time expectign that at all with their youth. I suspect it'll still be a roller coaster day-to-day.

Go figure he's an RHD and not a forward!

Like I said I thought he could top out as a spurgeon but he really looks like a Doughty-lite out there.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
And there it is, I don't CARE about their REAL VALUE MAYBE 6 YEARS DOWN THE LINE....If I am getting the 23 year old with multiple 30 goal seasons for a team that is hurting for scoring, I'm good.....

Goal isn't to collect assets so you can win on paper.
I wouldn’t do it because of his cap.. he’s a RFA after next season and we’re in no position to pay him $8-10mill per which is what he’ll likely ask for and he probably deserves it

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
This is a great idea. As good as the Moore-Danault-Ardverson line was, Moore/Danault work well together, and could help out Iafallo. Bump up Arvy to the first line and see if he can help Kempe/Kopitar.
Seems like a bad idea, why break up one of the most powerful lines, not just on the Kings, but in the NHL? The first line needs help, and it needs to get help from somewhere other than MAD.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I feel like with all the concern about our top end prospects actually panning out, that Kupari is rarely mentioned. His play last night screamed 'I'm gonna be better than all those f***ers'.
Him and Vilardi (also Lias and JAD) are getting to that age where its about time they take the next step. Hopefully they can prove themselves down the stretch and cement a role on the Kings. JAD may be the odd man out right now and have to be a 13th forward until he gets another chance to prove himself.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
200.gif

I agree, yet I have a hard time expectign that at all with their youth. I suspect it'll still be a roller coaster day-to-day.

Go figure he's an RHD and not a forward!

Like I said I thought he could top out as a spurgeon but he really looks like a Doughty-lite out there.

Yea, something I hope to see, but won't go all dogshit crazy if it doesn......oh wait, I have to, its HF Boards lmao

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I wouldn’t do it because of his cap.. he’s a RFA after next season and we’re in no position to pay him $8-10mill per which is what he’ll likely ask for and he probably deserves it

Of course we are in a position to pay that....man....the some things people come up with is absolutely stunning.....do you really think a team is going to let Tkachuk walk and keep, say Iafallo, you say after next season we have to resign him.../after the season, Maata, Edler, gone, that's 6.8 million right there Quick gone, that's 5.8 million, Stecher, 1.7 million, there's more than enough room to sign a player like Tkachuk, you are just inventing reasons to keep lottery tickets instead of real cash.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Of course we are in a position to pay that....man....the some things people come up with is absolutely stunning.....do you really think a team is going to let Tkachuk walk and keep, say Iafallo, you say after next season we have to resign him.../after the season, Maata, Edler, gone, that's 6.8 million right there Quick gone, that's 5.8 million, Stecher, 1.7 million, there's more than enough room to sign a player like Tkachuk, you are just inventing reasons to keep lottery tickets instead of real cash.
I’m taking about his salary overlapping with Kopi and Drew, which would potentially put us at $30mil. For a season.. also taking into account that Byfield, Kaliyev, Kupari, Vilardi, Spence, Durzi, Bjornfot and Kempe will all require new contracts over the next 3 seasons.. unless you think they’ll still be playing for sun $1mill contracts… it’s a problem

Not saying I don’t like the guy but he isn’t in our budget.. if it was Kyle Connor I’d said yes but not DeBrincat

Reactions: kinghock

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I’m taking about his salary overlapping with Kopi and Drew, which would potentially put us at $30mil. For a season.. also taking into account that Byfield, Kaliyev, Kupari, Vilardi, Spence, Durzi, Bjornfot and Kempe will all require new contracts over the next 3 seasons.. unless you think they’ll still be playing for sun $1mill contracts… it’s a problem

Not saying I don’t like the guy but he isn’t in our budget.. if it was Kyle Connor I’d said yes but not DeBrincat

Kempe is getting his new contract next year, take Brown's money give it to Kempe, etc, by the time Debrincat's cap hit comes in, Kopitar's will be off, and along with Arvidsson and Roy.

If you think any of those players with the exception of Kempe is getting any kind of signifcant raise in the next 3 years, you are fooling yourself, only on HF is Vilardi worth 5M, etc.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kempe is getting his new contract next year, take Brown's money give it to Kempe, etc, by the time Debrincat's cap hit comes in, Kopitar's will be off, and along with Arvidsson and Roy.

If you think any of those players with the exception of Kempe is getting any kind of signifcant raise in the next 3 years, you are fooling yourself, only on HF is Vilardi worth 5M, etc.
Now now Goldie, don’t put words in my mouth.. I’m simply telling you that there’s a possibility that over the next 3 years 2 or 3 of those breaks out and then you’re in a cap crunch trying to figure out who to move..

You’re also making it seem like trading for DeBrincat makes us a contender.. who are you trading for him? I know the question here was Turcotte and Durzi or whoever but what else? Have you also thought about the trickle down effect and who moves down?

Not saying your thought about getting a scorer is wrong but the value isn’t there

Reactions: kinghock

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Now now Goldie, don’t put words in my mouth.. I’m simply telling you that there’s a possibility that over the next 3 years 2 or 3 of those breaks out and then you’re in a cap crunch trying to figure out who to move..

You’re also making it seem like trading for DeBrincat makes us a contender.. who are you trading for him? I know the question here was Turcotte and Durzi or whoever but what else? Have you also thought about the trickle down effect and who moves down?

Not saying your thought about getting a scorer is wrong but the value isn’t there

We lack scoring, and our 2nd place in the division, adding a scorer sure as hell makes us a better contender than NOT adding a scorer....

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016

Villardi also drew two penalties due to his finesse, they pretty much had no choice but to trip him

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I feel like with all the concern about our top end prospects actually panning out, that Kupari is rarely mentioned. His play last night screamed 'I'm gonna be better than all those f***ers'.

The only problem is that last night is the first and only time he's screamed it.

I hope to goodness he continues to because even if he HADNT scored his play last night was exactly what you hope a guy with those tools does, he's a big kid and an elite skater, if he can forecheck and bang bodies that's the PERFECT example of a guy who can give you a strong "B" game when his A game isn't there.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
We lack scoring, and our 2nd place in the division, adding a scorer sure as hell makes us a better contender than NOT adding a scorer....
I absolutely agree but we need someone with 3+ years of term on a deal signed before all these GMs lost their minds.. technically speaking, if we trade for DeBrincat at the draft then it means we’d have to pony up after the season.. right
Who falls into that Connor range? Pasta is another awesome scorer but same situation right, $9-$10.5 mill per
Gaudreau is a UFA
Forsberg
Maybe we take a chance on a Taransenko?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If anyone missed the game or is a glutton for punishment or wanted to relieve the terror of Leah Hextall

That was the best I've heard her call a game. Ferraro was good too, kept her from spazzing out too much. She toned down her goal voice too. I did think it was funny she was giving him crap for spilling popcorn all over the booth, she like a very clean work area it appears. :laugh:

Reactions: lumbergh

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The only problem is that last night is the first and only time he's screamed it.

I hope to goodness he continues to because even if he HADNT scored his play last night was exactly what you hope a guy with those tools does, he's a big kid and an elite skater, if he can forecheck and bang bodies that's the PERFECT example of a guy who can give you a strong "B" game when his A game isn't there.
Forgive me I don’t want to put words in your mouth, but is the context here that Kupari hasn’t really shown anything besides last night ? I think he’s been the best rookie in the last few games he’s been up

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I absolutely agree but we need someone with 3+ years of term on a deal signed before all these GMs lost their minds.. technically speaking, if we trade for DeBrincat at the draft then it means we’d have to pony up after the season.. right
Who falls into that Connor range? Pasta is another awesome scorer but same situation right, $9-$10.5 mill per
Gaudreau is a UFA
Forsberg
Maybe we take a chance on a Taransenko?

You might be right, but even 6-7-8 million guy who is 23-24 years old....pay through the freaking nose.... those are the players you go through the wall for,

take Kyle Connor, we all know WPG needs D help, so 2022 1st, 2024 1st, Walker, Faber OR Grans, Turcotte, and Iafallo..... would they take that, honestly probably not, it's quantity over quality, and it depends on where they are, but it goes a long way in solving their D problem and they get 4 lottery tickets, and if Faber or Grans ends up playing for them....great....good job....if Turcotte turns out to be a good C for them...great..... we get one of the best scorers in the game (and this was clearly more realistic before the season he's had) etc,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad