GDT: 2021-22 season game 61 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @7:00pm 3/13/22

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
What in the hell was Huberdeau all bent about? I saw the replay and to me it looked like he initiated contact and then fell down. I know I'm a Kings fan but I'm happy to admit when our guys f up or particularly if they do something dirty. To me it looked like the only thing dirty was Huberdeau's elbow which in my opinion could've been a 5 minute and a game. The two minute penalty was sufficient though so I won't complain. It was really annoying how the Kings' broadcast only showed the replay once (from my memory) and then I don't think they ever showed what Kopitar got a penalty for when Huberdeau retaliated. Lastly, Alex Faust is really annoying.

He was a second or two from going way over the line. He just lost it, never knew he was such a hot head and whiner. I think he thought he was held or tripped when he and Strand got tangled in the corner. There was nothing to it, so he then took it out on Iafollo with the dirty hit.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Let's be honest here, there are a bunch of weirdoes in that state, just like out here. If you ask most non-coastal people they think both California and Florida are both full of crazies. The joke is on them, we are the normal ones. :laugh:

Reactions: Lt Dan and Bandit

JeanBlanc

Jul 8, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
What in the hell was Huberdeau all bent about? I saw the replay and to me it looked like he initiated contact and then fell down. I know I'm a Kings fan but I'm happy to admit when our guys f up or particularly if they do something dirty. To me it looked like the only thing dirty was Huberdeau's elbow which in my opinion could've been a 5 minute and a game.

He was a second or two from going way over the line.

Huberdeau targeted and hit the head. That's over the line. I'm not clear why it wasn't a major.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The camera work has been so bad this year, they completely missed the entire "whatever" happened between the two. It's where all the action was, yet they showed the benches I think, then went back to the action after everything went down. It's been like that since Baleys took over.
Its the director, not the camera operators. The decision of what shots to cut to has been made by someone who obviously doesn't read the pulse of the game.

Every stoppage that doesn't lead to a TV timeout is the same thing - cutting to a close up of a player gliding around the ice. Its usually done as a pre-decided queue to the announcers to talk about that particular player while they are editing and loading a replay package. In theory it humanizes the players for the fans, but so much of the post whistle stuff gets lost in their formatting.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Its the director, not the camera operators. The decision of what shots to cut to has been made by someone who obviously doesn't read the pulse of the game.

Every stoppage that doesn't lead to a TV timeout is the same thing - cutting to a close up of a player gliding around the ice. Its usually done as a pre-decided queue to the announcers to talk about that particular player while they are editing and loading a replay package. In theory it humanizes the players for the fans, but so much of the post whistle stuff gets lost in their formatting.

This is what the action camera was focusing on from when the whistle blew, until 4 seconds later when they cut back to AI on the ice after the hit. The director isn't behind the camera shooting this. All the action is on the other side of the redline, yet this is what we got. This exact thing has been happening for a while. The director calls for the cameras, camera 1, camera 2, etc. I get that, but why shoot this and stay on it and not go to the action. It just is poor coverage from the booth all the way around. There was a game on the east coast they won in OT I think, and the camera stayed on the losing team the entire time, never once going to the Kings until the last guy left the ice.

centerice camera.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad